Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Thanks for the info!

I'm ok with crowds. And they said at Sahalee that Fred Couples had a Tiger-sized crowd following him. There were a lot of people there.

I looked and it's about a 4-1/2 hour drive from WPB. That's nothing to me living out west. Everything is about a 4 hour drive. Tehehe.

You should be good to go. FL has a lot to offer for vacationers and in a full week you would be able to find a lot to do. Of course going to this amazing resort we are staying at an extra day or two and enjoying the spa and the wonderful features could be there as well.

Thanks for the info gents I appreciate the feedback. I think I will just give myself a budget of $1500 overall to account for any unforseen splurging that may occur.

Last fall flashy and I did the whole thing for about 1800 for the 2 of us. No extra rounds and that included a hotel near the airport and a rental car. Flights in the fall were 320 each but tickets for the spring outing were about $400 each. We used an airline credit but still.

This time will be slightly more only because we are staying at PGA for an extra night.

Tappin to the oldies

I don't know about all that now. I can throw down a few cold :drinks: with the best of em!

Um... Aren't there some pictures floating around somewhere that suggest otherwise?! :)

Um... Aren't there some pictures floating around somewhere that suggest otherwise?! :)

TC & Uncle Daddy's Tea are the blame for that one particular pic :D.. I stay away from that stuff now and leave it for the young bucks. It will sneak up and kick your booty :thumb: No no elevator rides for me.

TC & Uncle Daddy's Tea are the blame for that one particular pic :D.. I stay away from that stuff now and leave it for the young bucks. It will sneak up and kick your booty :thumb: No no elevator rides for me.

hahaha, that picture always cracks me up!

hahaha, that picture always cracks me up!

Yeah, me too. Imagine what I was thinking when I was sitting at home while he was in the mountains with the guys and I saw that pic online <cringe>. Boy did he pay the next morning. I remember him telling me he was just too old for that stuff anymore (whatever). He thinks he's still a young buck and he'll do the same thing over again if Uncle Daddy offers him some of that sweet tea. That is if he's in the mountains and I'm at home. :beat-up::D

You know some people enjoy those elevator rides after drinking Uncle Daddy's sweet tea, of course they may also not remember how they got there.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think it serve the greater good to get that picture reposted :D As a warning of course!

What is the shindig you are refering to Gus?

Doc, see Gus's post below.

Now that people are making their flight plans and finalizing things, we could probably start scraping together a list of people who want to play a round Monday before they take off from the resort. Last year we had 2 tee times, and while I didn't participate in the larger group- I know every one of them had a WONDERFUL time.

For those of you concerned about timing- Staticline and I motored and finished 18 in just under 2 1/2 hours (shooting my best score of the weekend!). In fact, I was able to run back to the other group and say goodbye while STILL making it to the airport for my 2pm flight with plenty to spare.

Who all is interested? I am willing to take charge of this project- set up tee times and organize 4somes. Just let me know if there is enough interest to do this!

Current List

CG13
CarstenBF
AdamsGirl
9i Man
RxGus
SW FLA
True Temper
True Temper's Dad

Any more takers? Otherwise we will have our 2 foursomes set!
Waiting to hear back from the resort tomorrow to finalize things

I was thinking that since this will only be my second trip to Florida EVER, I might come in the weekend before and drive up to Ponte Vedra to watch the Sat and/or Sun rounds of the The Players. Is anyone from THP going to be there? I've never been to a PGA Tournament, only Champions and I had a blast.

Also, has anyone been to the World Golf Hall of Fame? Is it worth going to?

I have been to the hall of fame, its pretty cool, nothing that will drop your jaw. I really enjoyed the old school putting green with the old balls and putters. I think the best part about being there is just being around the golf history. There are things I would change about it though

It was pretty interesting, but it was just a big 'meh' to me.
I have been to the hall of fame, its pretty cool, nothing that will drop your jaw. I really enjoyed the old school putting green with the old balls and putters. I think the best part about being there is just being around the golf history. There are things I would change about it though

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think it serve the greater good to get that picture reposted :D As a warning of course!

You asked for it!

WARNING! Drinking Uncle Daddy's sweet tea may have the following effect on you. Use with caution:

Spoiler
aefc067d-f455-9762.jpg

Man thats a great photo, Thanks Kelly.

You asked for it!

WARNING! Drinking Uncle Daddy's sweet tea may have the following effect on you. Use with caution:

Spoiler
aefc067d-f455-9762.jpg

I am going to kick your Tinker Bell little arse for this one :deadhorse: :angry:. No more of that lethal hillbilly tea for me though. I am a lean mean arse kicking machine :thumb:

You asked for it!

Spoiler
aefc067d-f455-9762.jpg

Haha, I think we may need to change his name to Gangster Gray.

You asked for it!

Spoiler
aefc067d-f455-9762.jpg

That picture about sums up what will happen to you if you start messing around with Uncle Daddy's sweet tea... and cracks me up every time I see it.

When we refer to him as OG, it doesnt mean Ole Gray

Haha, yeah I guess that does work pretty good...Ole Gray AKA Original Gangsta I love it.

That picture about sums up what will happen to you if you start messing around with Uncle Daddy's sweet tea... and cracks me up every time I see it.

Many bad things can happen if you mess wit dat sweet tea. Luckily we dont have the footage from the surveilance camera in the PGA natty elevator.

We do have the divot mat!!

Many bad things can happen if you mess wit dat sweet tea. Luckily we dont have the footage from the surveilance camera in the PGA natty elevator.

We do have the divot mat!!

Mary -- TC started all this, well with KellyBo bringing it back to light. All I got to say is if you are snuckered down at WPB and you see TC with that fricking cell phone camera, you better hide. Or better yet, throw the phone in the bear trap lake. If he ever gets that eat sh*t grin on his face, smile cause you are on candid camera.

Back