2011 ESPN NFL Eliminator Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I set up a group for this game. One entry per THP forum member. Please use your username either in your entry name or your actual name! If you already have an ESPN account set up, it's easy to create a new entry.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST! THIS IS ONLY FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS. NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED.

The object is to pick a sure winner every week. Once you pick a team, you can't use them again. Once you lose a game, you are not done. This game goes on for the whole season. However, whoever lasts the longest before picking a loser would be in my opinion, the true winner!

Group Name: THP Eliminator Challenge
Password: Hackers
Link: http://games.espn.go.com/eliminator/en/frontpage

MAKE SURE TO USE YOUR THP NAME IN YOUR ENTRY.

I set this game up to lock once the season starts.

RULES:
a. General. The objective of the Promotion is to correctly select a "Winning Pick" for one U.S. professional football game each week during the Promotion Period. Each week, an Entrant must select one team which he/she believes will be the winner of a scheduled U.S. professional football game being played that week. If the Entrant makes a correct selection (i.e. the team selected does win its game), Entrant will be credited with a "Winning Pick." If an Entrant's pick for that week loses its game, or Entrant fails to make a valid selection for a given week, Entrant will be credited with a "Losing Pick." Entrants will not be able to select any team more than once throughout the Promotion Period. The eligible Entrant with the greatest number of Winning Picks, once verified, will be "Grand Prize Winner".

b. How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game.

c. Scoring. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of U.S. professional football to accumulate the most points during the Promotion Period. You receive one (1) point for each correct Winning Pick on a valid entry. You do not receive or lose points for incorrect picks. You accumulate points from the date of your first winning pick. You may begin playing after the start of the Promotion but you will not receive any points for the football games you have missed. In the event a scheduled professional football game listed does not occur as scheduled (e.g., a game is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tie-breaker procedure below.

d. Lock-time. The kick-off of the first U.S. professional football game, is currently scheduled for 8:30 PM ET on Thursday September 8, 2011. The kick-off for the last game of the first week of the U.S. professional football season is currently scheduled for 10:15 PM ET on Monday September 12, 2011. Making a selection before the first game of a given week increases the number of teams available for selection. Entry selections will lock at the scheduled kick-off of each regularly scheduled U.S. professional football game. Entrants must make sure their picks are submitted by the scheduled locktime each week. You will not be able to make selections for games that have already locked. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid, and will not be counted as Winning Picks. Entrants who submit selections after the lock time or do not submit an entry for the week will be credited with a Losing Pick.

e. Tie Games. In the event a game should end in a tie after overtime, and is declared a tie by U.S. professional football officials, Entrants that had selected teams in the game as their picks for that week in the Promotion will neither be recorded with a Winning Pick or a Losing Pick. All active streaks will continue to the next week.

f. Tiebreaker. At the end of the Promotion Period, if one or more eligible Entrants has the same number of points, a tiebreaker will be used to determine the Grand Prize Winner and Second Place Winner.

OVERALL TIEBREAKERS: (Entrants will be eliminated at each step, until a winner is determined)

* Tiebreaker #1 - The Entrant who has made the most consecutive Winning Picks among the remaining entries will be considered the winner.
* Tiebreaker #2 - Among those entries in the tiebreaker with the most Winning Picks, the Entrant whose selection for the last week of play scored the most points during its game that week is considered the winning Entrant.
* Tiebreaker #3 - The Entrant whose selection scored the most points one week prior to the losing game (or the last week of the season) is considered the winning Entrant.
* Tiebreaker #4 - The Entrant whose selection scored the most points two weeks prior to the losing game (or the last week of the season) is considered the winning Entrant.
* Tiebreaker #5 - The Entrant whose selection scored the most points three weeks prior to the losing game (or the last week of the season) is considered the winning Entrant.
* Tiebreaker #6 - The tiebreaker will continue using points scored by the selection from the previous week until the tie is broken.

Last edited:
reserved

This one should be a lot of fun. I think I'll take the strategy of "who is going to stomp Cincinnati this week." That should give me a good chunk of picks (not taking Cleveland in the 1st game though). Thanks for setting this up Smallville

Should I even enter? It seems like every year on week 2 I lose this thing. Hehe.

After going 100% last year it'd seem rude not to enter ;)

I forgot you were 17-0! It sucked that you weren't eligible for prizes. You need to find someone who will let you use their U.S. address!

Five entries in the Eliminator challenge so far.

I am in!

We have nine people in this one. Not quite two weeks left to get into this challenge.

C'mon guys this will be some serious fun!

CraigMac, Dazinkster and Puttin4Footballs were the top guys in this last season. Dazinkster is the only one in so far of those three.

Here's everyone who was in it last year, let's shame them into getting into it again this year!

one-t
wilwin
Puttin4Bird
SNAP HOOK
Craig Mac
Bridges
White Rhino
_JL_
StLCardsFan
Dazinkster
IceyShanksIt
Spank818
Smallville
knightgolf
adwillingham

I'm in

I'll join up on monday when I get back to work. I don't use my computer on the weekends.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

I'm in

We are up to 13 people now. One more round of pre season games and the season starts next Thursday!

We still have 13 people. Five more days to get in this!

I'm in. Start the season picking the favourites, then as the season progresses teams will emerge. GO COWBOYS GO!!!

Don't forget to get your pick in for the week. I think you can pick ahead as well so you don't forget.

Up to 16 in this one. Don't forget the season starts on Thursday!

Finally in - missed this one somehow!

Less than five hours until the season starts. Last chance to get in!

There are 20 people in this, make sure you have your pick in!

I'm in. Bragging rights are all mine!

Back