2011 ESPN NFL Eliminator Challenge

Haha I almost lost because of Cam the Man

This one is a little different. Throughout the season, we will keep track of who has the most correct picks. But since the goal is to not have an incorrect pick at all, the unofficial winner will be whoever lasts the longest before losing one.

Season standings:
T1 - DevRickus, Josh Ross, Spank, Concept, Toad, 50 Eggs, oiler, Flagg, tnolan, sgttran, ddec, trozzo, jpcaine, Smallville (1)
T15 - Texashacker, Icey, c_ault, White Rhino, Dazinkster, Dankil, Stlcardsfan, Chosen, mcook, war eagle, biggsy (0)

Remember to keep playing every week.

Wow....and just a few days ago I was tied for 1st. KC stinks.

haha true but remember that game like two years ago? With Anderson throwing 4-5 TDs or whatever it was haha

sure do. but you can't account for flukes like that!

from my experience with Eliminator pools, it's best just to go with a surefire pick, rather than over thinking.
people think they're sneaking one out by picking the Browns, so they didn't have to "waste" a pick by taking the Patriots for example.

Don't forget to pick your team this week! And also don't forget that even if you lost in week one, this continues throughout the season.

Who's picking the Chefs this week? Not this guy.

Lots of people didn't make a pick this week. They can still pick one of the remaining games I think.

I was worried for a while but Green Bay came through for me. That keeps me perfect along with at least 9 others.

Went with the Steelers, no way they would lose to the Seahawks.

I'm going to pick whoever Indy, KC, or Seattle plays for the rest of the year.

I'm going to pick whoever Indy, KC, or Seattle plays for the rest of the year.
Come on now, Spank, you don't want to pick safe every week! haha

Come on now, Spank, you don't want to pick safe every week! haha

I think Indy plays KC this year and I might have to toss a coin on that one.

Just take Seattle's opponent that week.

Imagine if they were playing the Jags that week or someone sucky or worst yet, have a bye. Then I'm up the river.

Standings after week 2:

T1 - Josh Ross, Spank, Concept, Toad, 50 Eggs, oler, Flagg, tnolan, ddec, trozzo, jpcaine, Smallville (2)
T13 - Icey, c_ault, White Rhino, Dazinkster, DevRickus, Dankil, stlcardsfan, mcook, war eagle, sgttran, Biggsy (1)
T24 - TexasHacker, Chosen (0)

:banana: NOT IN LAST!! My only goal.

I'm doing the same type of elimination pool at my local bar. Picking the same teams as on here, so I'd better last a long time! Prize at the bar is likely close to 500 bucks! First 4-6 weeks will be safe picks, then will have to start in on some smart picks. Last week the bar pool lasted to week 14, but the year before it only lasted 6. My luck with betting is bad though; I'm a bit surprised I'm still alive lol.

I'm doing the same type of elimination pool at my local bar. Picking the same teams as on here, so I'd better last a long time! Prize at the bar is likely close to 500 bucks! First 4-6 weeks will be safe picks, then will have to start in on some smart picks. Last week the bar pool lasted to week 14, but the year before it only lasted 6. My luck with betting is bad though; I'm a bit surprised I'm still alive lol.
This isn't technically the same aswhat they are doing at your local bar though. This one you can keep playing if you miss a game.

I think the true winner is whoever last the longest before losing, but according to the rules on ESPN, it's whoever has the most correct weeks during the season.

I'm putting my strategy on full force this week. KC prepare for Andrew Luck.

I didn't realize, till now, you could pick for the whole season...

This isn't technically the same aswhat they are doing at your local bar though. This one you can keep playing if you miss a game.

I think the true winner is whoever last the longest before losing, but according to the rules on ESPN, it's whoever has the most correct weeks during the season.

Hmmm, I thought it was whoever put the longest consecutive weeks together.

Hmmm, I thought it was whoever put the longest consecutive weeks together.
In my opinion, it is, but ESPN thinks different! I'd never played in a knockout type league that let you keep picking after you miss.

Luckily, last year, we had a guy go 17-0.

Just a reminder to get your pick in!

I didn't really like a lot of the match ups yesterday. Usually I try to avoid those big 5-6 teams until later in the season. I took the Panthers this week and they gave me a scare early. After 3 weeks I have used the Cardinals, Giants, and Panthers.

Back