2012 AT&T National at Congressional [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing like the US Open huh? Adios Tigger.

Forecast for the area is actually pretty nice, just on the warm side. It's windy for the next day or two but otherwise a great weekend of golf.

Playing like the US Open huh? Adios Tigger.

Home match of sorts for TW. Knows the course well. W for the red shirted one

Forecast for the area is actually pretty nice, just on the warm side. It's windy for the next day or two but otherwise a great weekend of golf.

There's a 30% chance if afternoon showers on Friday and Saturday. But you're right it's going to be really really hot this entire week for these guys, mid 90's and very humid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

427154.jpg

Will be interesting seeing how the Hoss does at Congressional.

I like this kid! I'm gonna be a hustler for Hossler

And Tiger will have his Ho's Lol..

Tiger has his tramps?

I know I said I wouldn't pick him but he is trending....hehe

I'm taking Karl James Choi to win this thing. No idea why, he just seems to play well at Congressional.

I know I said I wouldn't pick him but he is trending....hehe

I'm a Tiger homer now too. I hope he wastes the field. Especially Bubba.

This course is going to suit KJ Choi...watch. The winds here in MD gusted up to 20 mph.

I'm a fan too, I bust his stones a lot but I hope he wins by a dozen shots.

How much would it really mean if tiger actually does win this week? He's already established that he can win and win more than once and win after a bye week. He has to win a major. The only two tiger stories this week will be either he plays really poorly and it's "what's wrong with tiger" or he wins and it's "when will he win a major? will he win the open championship?"

Obviously if you're mr. woods you'd rather play well than poorly but playing well and even winning won't change much in the current storyline.

If I venture off the Club house deck I'm going to follow someone a little closer to my age group DL3.

How much would it really mean if tiger actually does win this week? He's already established that he can win and win more than once and win after a bye week. He has to win a major. The only two tiger stories this week will be either he plays really poorly and it's "what's wrong with tiger" or he wins and it's "when will he win a major? will he win the open championship?"

Obviously if you're mr. woods you'd rather play well than poorly but playing well and even winning won't change much in the current storyline.

Bingo! This has repeated itself twice now this year...wins just before the Masters...he's the automatic favorite. Wins just before the US Open...he's the automatic favorite. If he wins here, he'll be the automatic favorite for the Open Championship, IMO. Just the way the golfing media works I guess. To be quite honest, I hope he breaks Jack's record, for the history...and so that we can stop hearing about this over and over.

I'll be there Friday for most of the day. Looks like the high will be right around 100, yay.

I'll be there Friday as well. Would love to meet up with some fellow THP'ers and put a name to a face!

I may wear a THP hat or shirt, but if you can't spot me I'll be the one yelling "get in the hole" on the par 5 tee boxes.

John Deere Tap'n

I assume the course will be set up differently than the US Open, but has anybody read anything talking about that? Is it safe to assume the fairways/rough/greenside is cut differently for a regular event?

I may wear a THP hat or shirt, but if you can't spot me I'll be the one yelling "get in the hole" on the par 5 tee boxes.

John Deere Tap'n

I'm out here in DC doing an internship and left my Albatross Club hat and other apparel at home, but I will definitely keep an eye out for any THP'ers.

I assume the course will be set up differently than the US Open, but has anybody read anything talking about that? Is it safe to assume the fairways/rough/greenside is cut differently for a regular event?

I read On twitter today that the course is hard and fast. They don't think the scoring will be as low. It's been very hot and dry here lately, so everything should be firm.

John Deere Tap'n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back