2012 AT&T National at Congressional [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read On twitter today that the course is hard and fast. They don't think the scoring will be as low. It's been very hot and dry here lately, so everything should be firm.

John Deere Tap'n

That's what we had going on up until last weekend as well. I'm looking forward to this. That 18th hole makes for some great scenery.

That's what we had going on up until last weekend as well. I'm looking forward to this. That 18th hole makes for some great scenery.

I'm pretty excited to walk the grounds Friday and actually see pros hit shots in person. I really want to see some of the range sessions to see how they warm up.

Maybe all of the THP crew could meet somewhere around lunch time?

John Deere Tap'n

Looking forward to this tournament, I love the course. I'm curious to get some early feedback on the newbie 913 drivers and I'm hoping for an entertaining tournament...or Tiger blows the field away, either way I'd be happy (don't hate!).

This one should be a real shoot out, I plan to watch as much as possible.

How much would it really mean if tiger actually does win this week? He's already established that he can win and win more than once and win after a bye week. He has to win a major. The only two tiger stories this week will be either he plays really poorly and it's "what's wrong with tiger" or he wins and it's "when will he win a major? will he win the open championship?"

Obviously if you're mr. woods you'd rather play well than poorly but playing well and even winning won't change much in the current storyline.

I think it would mean a lot if Tigger won this week. That would be his 3rd win already this season. When was the last time somebody won 3 times in a season? Was Tigger the last to do it? It won't change much in the press, but it still shows that he's having a very good season. At least to me it would show that he is once again the best golfer on the planet.

Tiger has to win a major? I don't really see why, but Tiger himself puts that expectation out there so fair enough. I think multiple wins in a season is good for any player in today's game.

Anyway, got my team in nice and early for this one, but it seems that all the Euros have decided to come over to Portrush!

They should just give Tiger the trophy now. It's too hot to be out there working.

I think it would mean a lot if Tigger won this week. That would be his 3rd win already this season. When was the last time somebody won 3 times in a season? Was Tigger the last to do it? It won't change much in the press, but it still shows that he's having a very good season. At least to me it would show that he is once again the best golfer on the planet.

To answer your question, Furyk in 2010.

I'll be there Friday I'm probably going to wear the Sligo THP purple shirt .
I'll start out at the driving range and putting area then hang near the ClubHouse at 18 Green and 10 tee box area.

So if Hunter Mahan wins this week (and conversely gets his 3rd win this year) then I suppose he could then be considered the best golfer on the planet?

So if Hunter Mahan wins this week (and conversely gets his 3rd win this year) then I suppose he could then be considered the best golfer on the planet?

Silly man, flat brimmers can't win 3 times!

They should just give Tiger the trophy now. It's too hot to be out there working.

It's the goatee, you know he's serious when he busts in with the facial hair.

On the US side of the planet maybe. What if Branden Grace wins on the Euro tour? That would be 3 wins too....deathmatch?

throw down Elin's 9i between the two of them. last one standing wins.

Didn't Luke and what's his name each have three win seasons last year?
The more events TW wins the more he will resort back to pre-mywifeistryingtokillme tiger. I'm with JN, win the majors and move on. I produce he will win the PGA. Solid three rounds at Open Championship and top 5.

still don't know if anyone wants em but, i have 4 tickets (each is good for 1 day, any day) if anyone would like to go this weekend.

anyone going sunday? my friend and i are probably going to be camped out on 17 all day...

I would still like to know why if Tiger wins 3 tournies that he's the best on the planet yet if Hunter Mahan wins (or Brendan Grace) why aren't they considered the best on the planet? It's that mindset that wears me out about Tiger fans. I think Tiger's game is progressing along quite nicely. It looks like he's hitting top form off the tee and out of the fairway but that's not all there is to scoring. Until his short game and putting stays consistent, he is just one of the top golfers on the planet, not the best.

I think he's the best based on past achievements, not on current standings. I think Duffner is playing better than Woods right now, hell I think a lot of golfers are better than he is right now.

On the US side of the planet maybe. What if Branden Grace wins on the Euro tour? That would be 3 wins too....deathmatch?

hasnt Grace won 3 times already? he's won the Joburg Open, Volvo Golf Champions and Volvo China Open.

I saw that Beau is playing. So is Tigger. I wonder how they'll both do. Should be a good tourney. I wish it was a bit closer to me. A bit too far to go to.

Yeah, Tiger "invited" him based on Hoss's Open performance... A good PR move since the day after Tiger dissed the boy, Hoss beat Tiger. Hope the kid does well :)

Yeah, Tiger "invited" him based on Hoss's Open performance... A good PR move since the day after Tiger dissed the boy, Hoss beat Tiger. Hope the kid does well :)

I didn't know he got the nod from Tiger, that was a nice move.

still don't know if anyone wants em but, i have 4 tickets (each is good for 1 day, any day) if anyone would like to go this weekend.

anyone going sunday? my friend and i are probably going to be camped out on 17 all day...

Great offer gioguy21, I only have time for Friday.
Somebody needs to take these off your hands it should be a great Tourney.

hasnt Grace won 3 times already? he's won the Joburg Open, Volvo Golf Champions and Volvo China Open.

I think you're correct. He must be the best golfer on the planet then. Congrats Brendan Grace!

I must have missed the dis on Hoss from Tiger. Doesn't surprise me though. So when there's a new up and coming - does that make it second nature to bash on them? I don't know. Human nature is a funny thing. and people say some dumb crap sometimes. Myself included :beat-up:

Was reading some of what Hoss had to say.....

"Obviously I know I'm not quite to their level yet, but I feel like I can potentially be there in the future if I keep working hard," he said. "It's good to see a little precursor of what I need to have in my array of shots. I feel like I can do it but I've just got to get more consistent."

I would like to have had the opportunity these guys had in their early years. But somehow, my parents heard BOWLING when I said I wanted to get into golf. Could by why my bowling handicap has always been lower than my golf handicap. What I would give to reverse that......

Edit: Do you think these guys were given the choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back