2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
you work in a firehouse You should know that if they hit a nerve with something they will zero in on that to keep hitting that nerve. i doubt MattyCaulk is changing anytime soon

Mattycaulk hitting a nerve? Lol I have heard worse. Your right I am a firefighter so it takes a lot to hit my nerve :) keep it coming

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Just maybe they will have some new Cobra wedges down at demo day for us to check out! Those things look wicked and with a name like Trusty Rusty you got to perform. Just ask KellyBo lol......

Just maybe they will have some new Cobra wedges down at demo day for us to check out! Those things look wicked and with a name like Trusty Rusty you got to perform. Just ask KellyBo lol......

THese are called Trusty Rusty Gray....Not Krusty & Rusty.

i was waiting for this post! lol

:blob: No comment!

A little crust on the rust and those suckers will bite like a snake! {chomp chomp}

Oh man! You back on the snake train already? I didn't think that worked out so well for you last time? Whats next Miss Graybush charming the Indian princess?

Oh man! You back on the snake train already? I didn't think that worked out so well for you last time? Whats next Miss Graybush charming the Indian princess?

No equipment changes for my irons buddy. Just looking at demoing some of them new Trusty Rusty wedges if they make an appearance. I am happy with my CG16's and they are staying in the bag. Old Lady Graybush is back in retirement mode... lol

Who knew getting rid of or removing caulk was so easy.

Hehehehe, well I have a scraper so if someone else has a knife I think we can remove this caulk.

Caulk%20Singles.jpg

Tear
Squeeze
Toss

Pretty much what Team THP feels as well.

That my friends was funny. I don't care who you are.

Prolly, lol, :)

MattyCaulk Approved!

reasons to remove Caulk is it drys out and starts shrinking up and seperates!

You do know your suppose to be against team THP right?

MattyCaulk Approved!

I hear it Mildews and deteriorates too!

Last edited:
This is pretty funny... a bunch of tools talking about tools. I feel like I'm watching an episode of Handy Manny with my 4 year old. Keep on talking tools.

That's obviously the best way to do it, but pray the season starts early in Ohio whoever is on my team haha!!

I am really REALLY excited to see how the Florida course plays from what I'm used to. I hope I transition well!

You'll be fine, I find golf easier in Florida. Minor adjustment on the greens, but you are a good putter. Easier to hold greens down there too, not as much rollout on chips/approaches or iron shots. They hit and hold with the stronger grass.

X factor this trip will be the rough. If grand cypress grows it out it could be harder but it wasn't too difficult our last trip. That Bermuda can be hard to awing through if it's too long.

Your kryptonite may be the sun though lol it's toasty!

The crusty and rusty stuff was funny. I love all this chattwr going on and smack talking.

Can't wait til may

tap on deez

This is pretty funny... a bunch of tools talking about tools. I feel like I'm watching an episode of Handy Manny with my 4 year old. Keep on talking tools.

Haha now that was funny

Wow, I get sick for a couple of days and this thread turns into a grease fire. Some of you are going to tucker out before the thing even gets started. Pace yourselves. :D

You'll be fine, I find golf easier in Florida.

Im very curious what you find easier? Outside of balls holding on the green (that you mentioned) which is a hindrance as much as it is a benefit Having played a LOT of golf in the midwest during my time with a sports league, it is exactly the opposite for me. Tons more water, more bunkers and deeper rough is the norm and while its not a knock against golf in other areas (I love midwest golf), I certainly did not find it easier.

I'm going to leave the 'construction' for the general contractors of this thread....lmoa

For those that have never played golf in the great state of Flo-Rida it will be heavy with warmth and moisture when you wake from the Villa crawl. Early morning in central florida with a cup of java, watching the dew burn off from the ever raising heat, is great. The fairways are tight and the rough is thick and damp until about 10am. The greens will be firm and roll as true as a marble on the hood of a Lexus (remember those commercials) Oh yeah, the grain of the greens will be in play. I'm actually going to post a little video on reading the grain in the coming days. Just a little trick I use but it will help you when you reach the greens. It will quell some of your frustrations as it pertains to the greens. Low to mid ball flights will get some good roll, higher balls flights not so much. all that I am sharing is based on my 10 plus years in Orlando. Others may or may not agree, just a little food for thought.

THe single most difficult thing for me about golf in Florida is the heat and humidity and the rough. It seems to me that the rough is so different from track to track. TPC Prestancia, the ball just laid down in that burmuda, Grand Cypress, the ball seemed to sit higher, then at Reunion, it seemed to settle half way. That rough is just so deceptive at times. It's very easy to catch balls high on the club face if you aren't careful.

I also agree with Tadashi, from 8am - 10am I find it the most difficult. Everything seems to be saturated and it's probably the worst time for conditions in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back