2012 Ultimate Golf Weekend Recap Thread

LOL. Dude I heard about that. WTC! Delta had some issues that weekend. They canceled and uncanceled my flight. I almost had to extend my outing! That wouldve been awesome!

Had they pulled that crap at Orlando, I would have got a taxi right back to the resort...but I was stuck in Atl.

6 gate changes and 3 hour delay, I was in bed at 2am that night....f me

No one really knows what the issue was, started that a plane had to go around a hail storm and get fuel in Augusta and somehow from there it took 2 hours for the plan to show up, then the flight attendents were on a different plane that was late....a big MESS

Number 4 on the New Course will haunt me forever!

I don't know what you're talking about, all you have to do is hit it over the bunkers on the left and have a wedge into the green like I did on Saturday. :alien:

Seriously, you played so well on the New Course everywhere else, that one hole just wasn't good for you.

WOuld you mind elaborating dude? I've not seen the course, nor am I familiar with any of the holes.

Its a longer yardage par 4 iirc but there is trouble on the left side of teh fairway and right. Smart play is take a FW or hybrid and just lay up short of all the trouble with a long straight shot into the green. Or cut over the crap on the left and have a short shot in assuming you miss the all the shrub and what not. But the green.. oh man. Lol. Dont land it short if the hole is on the back because you have a nasty uphill putt that will roll off the green if you are short. But its fast once it hits the second tier so youre gonna blwo past the hole and have a scary comeback putt if you dont have perfect speed. Im not sure how teezy did but it was a tough hole!

Killing a bird on the New Course will haunt me forever!!

what?!?!

WOuld you mind elaborating dude? I've not seen the course, nor am I familiar with any of the holes.

yes, I played the new course twice. the first time I just played 9 holes. I was even thru 3 and 4 over thru 4. Ugh.

so, the next morning is a shotgun start on the new course. guess which hole I start on? Number 4. I was 4 over thru 1.

It is not an overly difficult hole. Its a slight dogleg left with bushes on the left, and fairly wide open. The first day put a bad taste in my mouth, so when I found out I wa sstarting on 4 I knew it wasnt good. I duffed my tee shot the 2nd day, the only time all weekend I did that. right in front of Moira...and of course JB was 4B. it was so fitting for him to see it.

what?!?!

yes, I played the new course twice. the first time I just played 9 holes. I was even thru 3 and 4 over thru 4. Ugh.

so, the next morning is a shotgun start on the new course. guess which hole I start on? Number 4. I was 4 over thru 1.

It is not an overly difficult hole. Its a slight dogleg left with bushes on the left, and fairly wide open. The first day put a bad taste in my mouth, so when I found out I wa sstarting on 4 I knew it wasnt good. I duffed my tee shot the 2nd day, the only time all weekend I did that. right in front of Moira...and of course JB was 4B. it was so fitting for him to see it.

Lol maybe Im thinking of the wrong hole. but dont you have to put an accurate drive off the tee to be in a good spot?

I don't know what you're talking about, all you have to do is hit it over the bunkers on the left and have a wedge into the green like I did on Saturday. :alien:

Seriously, you played so well on the New Course everywhere else, that one hole just wasn't good for you.

hahaha, both fraken days!! I played great on that course, minus that hole.

The old nemesis hole. I hate those. It's like that long par 4 in Waynesville, the 3rd hole on (i don't know which 9) but you always go right on that sucker. Holes like that are annoying. Sorry dude, hopefully you can get another crack at it down the road.

Lol maybe Im thinking of the wrong hole. but dont you have to put an accurate drive off the tee to be in a good spot?

yes...trouble on the right, but its way right. you can play left of the junk into another fwy.

yes...trouble on the right, but its way right. you can play left of the junk into another fwy.

Buckjob hit a perfect drive into that mess on the right. I sliced once off the tee into the wall ont eh right. its reachable very easy lol.

what?!?!

OH MAN I REMEMBER THIS HOLE....saturday I hit into what I thought was the bunker on the right side after hitting my driver well. I get up to it and my ball is in that nasty grass right above the sand. Basically had to hit my wedge like a baseball bat and tried to go sideways....FAIL...the ball dribbled down to the bottom of the sand and next thing I know Im making a 5 footer for a nice 7 (our 2nd hole of the day)

I hit a huge slice on number 9 and knocked a bird clean out of the tree. That sucker dropped like a stone out of the tree.

I hit a huge slice on number 9 and knocked a bird clean out of the tree. That sucker dropped like a stone out of the tree.

That was a bird? I thought it was mward up there crowing that he outdrove the belbs again.

hahahaha...did you go check on it?

hahahaha...did you go check on it?

Lee did, and it wasn't moving but something else in the bushes was so she went running!!

Lee did, and it wasn't moving but something else in the bushes was so she went running!!

now that would have been funny to see

OH MAN I REMEMBER THIS HOLE....saturday I hit into what I thought was the bunker on the right side after hitting my driver well. I get up to it and my ball is in that nasty grass right above the sand. Basically had to hit my wedge like a baseball bat and tried to go sideways....FAIL...the ball dribbled down to the bottom of the sand and next thing I know Im making a 5 footer for a nice 7 (our 2nd hole of the day)

hahaha...so...you started on the par 3? we never made it to the par 3. some group was not being very generous on putts

That was a bird? I thought it was mward up there crowing that he outdrove the belbs again.

I was up in the trees on the South course, not the new. You're gettin your courses mixed up again man

I can hear this sunday playing over and over....Mward @ Playdough: "Hey Keagan, Hey Keagan....3 over thru 17"

What made that even better was, i was only 6 over and on my way to going 1 under after 7 on the South 9. Wound up shooting 78. But mward was probably the best trash talker of the weekend!

We are sitting here at the Sanford airport waiting to board the plane. Sad that the vacation is over, I'll post a full recap tomorrow.

For now, thanks JB and GG for making this weekend one of the best ones ever, we hope to be back next year for whatever the outing is. :)

Have a safe trip home. Enjoyed chatting with u at the banquet!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

hahaha...so...you started on the par 3? we never made it to the par 3. some group was not being very generous on putts

ah yes, I heard about that group

hanks and I bailed on our last hole (#2) so that we could get back, with it being a par 5 we figured we would miss the shotgun

What made that even better was, i was only 6 over and on my way to going 1 under after 7 on the South 9. Wound up shooting 78. But mward was probably the best trash talker of the weekend!

Heck of a round though man. Did you have any three putts by chance? Bahahaha

ah yes, I heard about that group

hanks and I bailed on our last hole (#2) so that we could get back, with it being a par 5 we figured we would miss the shotgun

hahaha

yeah dude, we bailed on our last hole when we got to the par 3 and saw the group in front of us just teeing off

Among many of my fond memories of this past weekend was watching Bear4ever's golf swing. I'm still amazed at how silky fluid his Sam Snead look alike golf swing is! He is not a large guy but hits a large ball. The dude's iron shots are darts and although he is somewhat human with a minor hiccup now and then, his game looked as close to tour quality as I have seen from an amateur. Well except for my step son MarcH :D. It was cool watching bear4ever while my jaw was dropping like a hound dawg on a tee bone steak. :clapp:

This is how I played it. Driver-8iron-11 feet-2putt par. Seemed like an innocent enough hole....

Heck of a round though man. Did you have any three putts by chance? Bahahaha

Two over the 72 holes I played. One on east, one on North. Both 3 jacks for bogey.

Back