2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a run today.
Week 5 run 3

Walk 5 / run 20 / walk 5

Felt good

Great dhill37! Back on the positive train bro! Love it!

I got a quick lift in before practice tonight. Chest and back. Flat bench, wide grip pullups, dead lifts, bent over rows, pullovers, lawnmowers, incline bench and decline pushups. Really pushed myself as I haven't been lifting much so I felt like I needed to kick my butt. Hopefully this will get me back lifting. I always feel better when I am lifting. Even if it is just 3 times a week, I feel like it really helps in every aspect of my daily life.

BEASTMODE NUMBERS!! That is spectacular for just getting back into it!

My strength has always been bottom heavy. My max squat my freshman year of college was 730. I have thunder thighs and a half, haha.

My strength has always been bottom heavy. My max squat my freshman year of college was 730. I have thunder thighs and a half, haha.

Thats serious! Legs used to be my strongest and now my weakest! :bulgy-eyes:

That is straight up BEASTMODE bro. Those numbers are jaw dropping!

I've always been the opposite of most - I love leg day!! Dreaded benching, I still do. I actually don't even bench anymore - I've been working a lot with medicine balls/kettlebells to increase my upper body strength.

I've always been the opposite of most - I love leg day!! Dreaded benching, I still do. I actually don't even bench anymore - I've been working a lot with medicine balls/kettlebells to increase my upper body strength.

Cables and machines are great as well to keep constant tension throughout the movement.

Cables and machines are great as well to keep constant tension throughout the movement.

Yep, that's what I stick to with upper body these days. I have a bad shoulder and a lot of free weight lifting is just too much for me. I still sulk a bit during upper body days, haha, but I definitely enjoy it now more than in the past.

Yep, that's what I stick to with upper body these days. I have a bad shoulder and a lot of free weight lifting is just too much for me. I still sulk a bit during upper body days, haha, but I definitely enjoy it now more than in the past.

Yep me too. I try to stay away from free weights now a days.

Love this thread, by the way. I've skimmed through a lot of it and this is just wonderful.

I totally missed this post the first time around.

Mad props (jubilous congratulations) for that awesome lift*2.

And I did a lower body workout after that! I've been running 3 miles on my upper body days (M/W/F) and 1.5 miles on my lower body days (T/TH).

I've been doing some serious squatting recently for the first time since I was a freshman in college (5 years ago..sheesh). I was able to get 545 up twice today.

Looks like I am going to be taking some days off from running. Last run, on Monday evening, I felt some some uncomfortableness in my Achilles Tendon. Ugh! It is the same leg where I have had injuries to the meniscus and IT band issues. Better safe than sorry... so going to rest it for at least a week. In the meantime, I am going to add a freestyle swim (light kicking) and a punching bag routine as cardio to compliment the body resistance training sessions.

Or pushups!! Super underrated exercise!

Yep me too. I try to stay away from free weights now a days.

There are so many ways to change it up if some things bother you. Very cool that you have substituted workouts.

Looks like I am going to be taking some days off from running. Last run, on Monday evening, I felt some some uncomfortableness in my Achilles Tendon. Ugh! It is the same leg where I have had injuries to the meniscus and IT band issues. Better safe than sorry... so going to rest it for at least a week. In the meantime, I am going to add a freestyle swim (light kicking) and a punching bag routine as cardio to compliment the body resistance training sessions.

Good idea shutting it down. This is one injury not to play around with. That is a good substitute. Thought about the elliptical? It might not stress it, not sure though.

Going to run 4 miles tonight. Had practice this afternoon so I have the night to relax and run.

Went an checked out the closest gym to the house, an Anytime Fitness just across the street from my neighborhood. Well after a quick self guided tour and a sit down to talk prices, I probably won't be going there. $73/month for me and g/f to both have a memebership. That seems insane to me. Is that really high or is that normal? Someone tell me thats not normal.

Went an checked out the closest gym to the house, an Anytime Fitness just across the street from my neighborhood. Well after a quick self guided tour and a sit down to talk prices, I probably won't be going there. $73/month for me and g/f to both have a memebership. That seems insane to me. Is that really high or is that normal? Someone tell me thats not normal.

I think thats pretty high. We can go to a local golds gym for 20 a month per person. Of course planet fitness is only 10 a month too. The YMCA is more costly though. More in line with the price you are seeing.

I really need to be spending more time in this thread....trying to lose a buttload of weight before the Morgan Cup.

That is high. My wife goes to La Fitness for 29 a month and if want to join it will take it up to 43 a month

Sorry I forgot to update.. I have Plantar Fasciatis. Only weights for the next 3-4 weeks before I can start running again

Theres a Planet Fitness about 15-20 minutes from the house that we can join for 20 bucks a month combined. Its just the drive over there from my house. Because its a combined 5 minutes from my work and her work. Last thing I want to do is go home, eat, then go back...especially at 9 or 10 at night. Maybe I'm just making excuses again..

That is high. My wife goes to La Fitness for 29 a month and if want to join it will take it up to 43 a month

Theres a LA about 10 minutes from the house, have to go and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back