2013 WGC Accenture Match Play Championship Brackets

Just received this message at the link - "You are all set. You can now close this window or logout". This should be fun.

22 entries thus far so still have room.

Nate,
Thanks, I am in. Since I live in Tucson and will be at the Match Play on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I will contribute an Accenture hat to the prize pool. Can't wait to see the best in the world right here in Tucson!

was just thinking about this.
thanks for running it Nate. i'm definitely in.

Nate,
Thanks, I am in. Since I live in Tucson and will be at the Match Play on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I will contribute an Accenture hat to the prize pool. Can't wait to see the best in the world right here in Tucson!
Very cool! Thanks for adding to the prize list along with trout bum, cookie, jeffreedmo, toad and sighman23!!!

1st post has been updated with the prizes. Right now we'll do a 1st and 2nd place.

Thought you might want a preview of the weather forecast for next week. It is not looking like our usual Tucson February weather, although it has been an up and down year here. For example, between today through next Tuesday, the temps are 68 degrees to 72 degrees.

But beginning next Wednesday:
Wed (1st round)
-46 degrees at 8am, 57 degrees at 11am
-Wind at 20mph to 25mph
-Rain chance 70% (.4" possible)
Thursday
-37 degrees at 8am, 50 degrees at 2pm
-Wind at 5mph
-Rain chance 0%
Friday
-50 degrees at 11am, 55 degrees at 2pm
-Wind at 10mph to 20mph
-Rain chance 0%
Saturday
-43 degrees at 11am
-Wind at 5mph
-Rain chance at 20%
Sunday
--57 at noon
--Wind at 5mph
--Rain chance at 20%

So, much colder than usual with Wednesday, the full field day, being the worst with 25+ mph wind and a good chance for rain showers. I have played the course several times and it will be significantly harder with the wind blowing. But again, these guys are good so who knows? Keep this in mind for your picks unless the forecast changes, and hopefully it will!

Last edited:
Interesting weather conditions it looks like. Not sure it will change my approach much, but it may change a few picks here and there.

BTW, Tucson, thanks for offering up a prize. Pretty cool that you are offering up some swag from the event we are picking. Thank you!

thanks... i'm in

I signed up, always fun to watch the upsets in matchplay. Poulter wins it all?

UPDATE ON WEATHER: It may actually snow in Tucson on Wednesday. Snow level supposed to drop to 3000 feet. Dove Mountain course is higher than that. Add showers (70% chance), 49 degrees and 32 mph winds and the first round is going to be very interesting. BTW, 75 degrees here through Tuesday!

I'm in!

I'm in. I'll add a Nike $10 GC to the winner's prize list.

The forecast for round 1 on Wednesday is not improving. 90% chance of showers, high 40s and gusts to 40 mph. I assume they will play regardless but it should make for some interesting matches. I will be out there on Tuesday (practice round, great weather predicted), Wednesday and Thursday.

The top 4 seeds are set: McIlroy, Woods, Donald, Oosthuizen. Their matchups are below:
McIlroy vs. Shane Lowry
Woods vs. Charles Howell III
Donald vs. Marcel Siem
Oosthuizen vs. Richie Ramsey

First look at the brackets in visual form:

BDWblgJCUAEvZ-8.jpg:large

BDWb00hCIAARL0r.jpg:large

Not digging Scotty's 2/15 match up with Tim Clark. Clark is the kind of guy that can get hot in a hurry.

I look at those matchups, and if every underdog won in the first round only 4 or so would be a giant shock. Most have an "any given day" flavor to me.

Just signed up, will throw a box of Z-Stars the winners way. Thanks for doing this.

I'm in. I'll offer up two THP tee packs and a THP ball marker.

gmac-paddy should be great. thongchai jadee-sergio should be good, ernie-freddy jac, tiger-howell, mahan-mannassero, watney-toms, and van pelt-senden.

i think mannessero beats mahan.

possible second round matchups of rory-rickie, oosty-grace would be fun stories. There's a lot going on this week.

is this going to be the tournament thread?

I think Mahan needs to pull his head out his butt when it comes to wedge shots around the green. I think we see Rory vs Tiger for the title. COULD YOU IMAGINE?!?!?!

I think Mahan needs to pull his head out his butt when it comes to wedge shots around the green. I think we see Rory vs Tiger for the title. COULD YOU IMAGINE?!?!?!

the internet would explode

I can only imagine how much Nike would pay for that matchup.

Back