2014 ATT Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Thread (Spoilers)

I really like this tournament. I am happy that they are showing more of the pros golfing. In years past they have done a poor job of showing the pros and just following certain celebs.

What a beautiful course though. Would love to play there some day, just don't want to pay the price tag that comes along with it. Haha

I may have missed something but are you referring to Bandon? It seems everyone up here who has played there raves about that place.

Yes but I won't crowd this thread more. I'll save my thoughts for another time.

I said overrated not over priced.

To me they go hand in hand to an extent. A great layout can be spoiled by a gouging price. The simplest flaw or qwirky pin placement turns the enjoyable into no longer fun, then overrated as the punishment continues.

The PGA TOUR swings into picturesque Pebble Beach Golf Links for this week's AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am -- you can watch all the action with over 50 hours of live streaming video!

Live video channels this week:
• Featured Holes: The par-5 No. 2 will be the primary hole this week, with supplemental coverage from the iconic par-3 No. 17.
- Thursday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. ET
- Friday: 12:30 p.m.-6 p.m. ET

• Featured Groups:
- Saturday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

• ShotLink
- Saturday: 3-6 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 3-6:30 p.m. ET

• CBS Sports simulcast:
- Saturday: 3-6 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 3-6:30 p.m. ET

GOLF Channel simulcast (#)
GOLF Channel will also stream live during its broadcast coverage:
- Thu/Fri: 3-6 p.m. ET
- Sat/Sun: 1-2:30 p.m. ET

Its raining again.

Peyton with a crazy good bunker shot. He's got some game. Love watching the pro-am.

Berman is awful...good lord

I hope I don't jinx him but Duval is playing pretty well, man I want him to win something.

What was the device?

So he was catching up on THP and said "What's the big deal about this orange whip thing?"

PEBBLE BEACH, California — D.A. Points was disqualified Friday from the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am for using a training device while waiting to play the 18th hole at Pebble Beach.
Former United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, right, watches her ball roll up to the eighth green of the Pebble Beach Golf Links as playing partner D.A. Points, left, looks on during the second round of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am golf tournament on Friday, Feb. 7, 2014, in Pebble Beach, Calif. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg)

Points was using a stick with a sponge ball attached to the end of it. Because it was in the middle of a round, he violated Rule 14-3. The penalty is disqualification. Points shot a 75 and was tied for 60th, eight shots to par behind the leaders.
Tour officials said Points could still return Saturday to play the pro-am portion of the tournament. His amateur partner is former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. If he chose not to play, another professional would be assigned to play with Rice.
Points won Pebble Beach three years ago with actor Bill Murray as his partner.

Sure sounds like an Orange Whip to me.

That sucks. 6 hour round and he gets DQ'ed for trying to stay loose. Nevermind he could (and should in hindsight) take 3 clubs and swing that a few times

Looks like Peyton Manning has a Kiyoshi White in a long iron...unless I'm seeing things. That setup intrigues me to say the least.

Boggles my mind these guys don't know the rules. I saw him swinging with a yellow foam ball between his right arm and chest and thought maybe the PGA had relaxed rules on aids during rounds. Nope, another clueless player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boggles my mind these guys don't know the rules. I saw him swinging with a yellow foam ball between his right arm and chest and thought maybe the PGA had relaxed rules on aids during rounds. Nope, another clueless player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just saw that, watching the replay on Golf Channel right now.

I always enjoy the pro am seeing how people play in another sport

DJ hitting a 6 iron on a 109 yard par 3... that's awesome!!!

Play suspended due to wind and yet I live 12 odd miles away and there isn't a breath of wind and it's quite bright. The weather here is very very strange :lol:

Back