Play more next year, shoot on average 85. Dedicate more time to improve. And compete in a THP event and a couple local tournaments as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2014 goals were:

Break 80 - fail (closest is an 81)
Single digit handicap by my 50th birthday - fail (12.1)
Play well in my annual golf trip up north - fail Hurt my back a week before we left. Bummer

2015 goals:

Break 80. I was close this year and had my best round of the year in the last week of the season (of course!).
Single digit handicap - I'd take a 9.9 index for a single day!! It's going to happen
Take lessons throughout the year - I worked indoors last winter, had a couple of lessons in the spring and then just stopped. Stupid.
This year I will take lessons indoors (start today) and continue throughout the year.
Work on flexibility and lose some weight. I can tell when I reach a certain weight that my back and hamstrings start to get messed up. I know I'm a shorter hitter because I lack flexibility. That is going to change.

My short game was REALLY good last year. My tee ball was killing me. Worked it out and by the end of the year I was confident on every tee. I wasn't hitting it far, but I was much more accurate.

AREAS THAT REQUIRE WORK

This one is easy. Approach shots. Tee isn't horrible, short game and putting are at the best I have ever been. It's the approach shots and sand shots that will be the main focus of attention this year. I have worked hard on course management so I'm not short siding myself as often but my irons need a little help. I tend to get really quick with my swing and that is leading to inconsistencies.

As a rookie: Getting an official handicap (early spring), break 90

I think for the first time I don't really have any other than stay sharp enough to hit the center of the face more often than not.

For 2015, I'd like to focus on playing regularly. This past year I was getting out very sporadically. Also, I flirted with it this season, but next year I'm shooting to bring the handicap under 18 for the first time ever.

I have a 16 month old and another one due in april. goal will probably just to be able to play 10 rounds at all.

1. 11 handicap or below - I think I might actually be able to make single-digits, but giving myself a little leeway..
2. More rounds in low 80's and fewer in the 90's
3. Attend at least 2 THP events
4. Continue lessons to keep improving the swing
5. More rounds with more THP'ers and even more fun

1. 11 handicap or below - I think I might actually be able to make single-digits, but giving myself a little leeway..
2. More rounds in low 80's and fewer in the 90's
3. Attend at least 2 THP events
4. Continue lessons to keep improving the swing
5. More rounds with more THP'ers and even more fun
You can definitely get to single digits. The way you played down in Auburn last month it won't take much. You can do it!

I am sitting here thinking about all of the goals. I want to have a 5 handicap true and true. I want to be shooting in the 70s consistently.

However, there is one thing that I really want to work on.

1. I want to enjoy the game more. I want to have more FUN when I play. I want to let my score be second hand.

Now that it looks like I'm getting a lessons package for xmas I'm really hoping I can get to a single digit handicap and stay there. I know I will have to put in more practice time to make them worthwhile.

My first goal is to become a better putter ,If I can do that with a slight bit of success I can reach my second goal of low 80s to a high 70s player. But if I don't get my first goal the second goal is not very acheiveable . Then there is always the goal of meeting more THPers and playing in several events this year.

And there is that goal of making it to Lane Creek to play some golf with my buddy and his wife OG ,Kelly Bo and the rest of the Ol' coots crowd.

My goal is like every year, just keep enjoying the game. I really would like to shoot some in the 70's but if it don't happen, I will just keep on practicing. I also want to take my 9yo grandson more.

After shooting my previous personal best (73) five times in a relatively short amount of time, I figured I was due to bust through for a new PB. So in dramatic fashion, I shot 71 on the first day of a tournament and ended up winning the overall championship. My next goal is to break 70 but my immediate goal is to play in more tournaments and do well. Maybe bring home a win or two.

My goal for 2015 is to get my wife to play with me so I don't have to beg my friends to golf.

I just want to be more consistent with my game. To do that, I plan on getting back in shape, working on my putting, and would love spend more time on the course and not in the range.

Be more creative? When I was 10 or so and learning how to play I only used a 5, 7, 9 for irons. I don't know whether it hurt or helped me in the long run, I don't often reach for my 4, 6, 8, PW. Not that I expect to use every club in the bag every round but I don't want to restrict myself just because I'm unfamiliar. If that makes sense.

Hit a sub 80 round - 74, done.
Get to single figures - 13, fail.
Get some new gear - titleist kitted out, done.
Win a major competition at my club - done (hitting a 81 of 16 handicap)

Sort out putting and chipping.
Get to single figures
Play more, practice more.
Beat my PB.

should be easy :)

The short list is get an official handicap, take a bunch of lessons, both in doors and on the course, and play enough rounds to pay for my unlimited pass a bought. My overall goal is to become accurate enough to keep the ball in play every hole so I can walk without causing a traffic jam behind me.

My only 2014 goals were to break 90 and learn swing my driver. I'm a little disappointed that the year is at its end as my last few rounds have been an 87 and 89. And I'm finally starting to feel some confidence in my driver.

2015 goals are to break 90 consistently, drop my handicap to below a 15 and play in my first THP event. Also hope to get out with the DC/MD/VA group a few times.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

New and improved 2015 goals:
1) Break 90 at my new home course.
2) Learn how to putt.
3) Get into yoga so flexibility improves.
4) Play more golf with THP'ers.
5) Attend at least one THP event.

This year I played the most golf I've ever played and I would like to top it this year. Also I want to be more consistent.

Play more golf. With eye surgery and dad passing away I just did not have the time to play all summer and by the time everything was taken care of it was already late fall.

I'm really at the proverbial golfing crossroads right now. The last few years I've had something to work towards in the Morgan Cup. Kiddos activities are increasing and I'm dropping my club membership at the end of the year. Still going to play golf but it's going to have a different feel to it this year over the last few.

I guess my goal is what JB posted, make more THP events next year. I'll be looking for a few "weekend get-a-ways" so we'll see which ones I get into. I think my golf goals is just to play some fun golf this next year.
Say it ain't so! I will be the sole representative of the toughest course in Texas on the THP? I will still have room in the cart for you anytime you want to get out though.

Last edited:
Break 90, get down to a 18 or below by July, and try to play some of the monthly medal competitions so long as they tie in with my time off.

Back