Re-write my competitive golf #Legacy

Break par, because, why not? Goals should be crazy lofty IMO.

Make as many events as I can manage.

Enjoy the game for what it is, a wonderful game.

Have fun. I've completed all my competitive goals I need to enjoy the game for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say it every year it seems....have fun! and work on my short game :)

2015 goals:
-At least 50% of my rounds below 90, all rounds under 100
-Enter the city tournament just for the experience. Do as well as I can
-get down to Illinois more often to play golf with some THPrs I've met.
-get into one possibly two THP events based on schedule.

Pretty much the same as last year.

Break 80. Had a couple of chances this year, but get it done this year.

Get to single digit cap.

Play at least 75 rounds.

Play more rounds with the THP Dallas group.

Play in a THP event.

First, some straight-forward, and reasonable (I think) goals...
- Enjoy every round/swing; have fun
- Play at least as much as I did in 2014
- Reduce HC index from 12 to sub-10
- Make it to at least a couple of official (and unofficial) THP events/gatherings
- Lose 10 pounds, and keep them off

Some more challenging goals...
- Reduce HC index from 12 to sub-8
- Make it to more than 3 THP events/gatherings
- Make one ad hoc weekend trip to another state and play a casual round with THPers
- Lose 20 pounds, and keep them off
- Eliminate tinkering after recent Club Champion fitting (put their suggested bag in play, and stick with it)

Last one may be the most challenging, since I love to tinker and try different things.

Tinkering is fun.

You can get sub 10, I have no doubt in my mind.

Tinkering is fun.

You can get sub 10, I have no doubt in my mind.

Tinkering is indeed a lot of fun. I've never tried "not" tinkering. If I can get better, in part, by doing that, I'll give it a try... Unless or until I find that I need an occasional tinkering to also have fun. (Whew! Disclaimer now in place.) Appreciate the confidence - I feel pretty good about it, as I know keeping the swing tuned during the winter will go a long way towards that, versus a typical spring "start over".

Just make the rounds count. I'll be in my first full year in a new job and between that and ever-busier kids, I have no illusions of playing a lot of golf. But when I'm out there I'll just be happy to be out -- and I bet that might just help me sneak in a good score a couple times. My handicap is around 11 and I just can't put in the work to go lower, but that might take some pressure off. I won't have the volume of rounds this year to be a grinder like years past.

Break 90. Play more than 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- get down to a 6 or below. staying at 9.7, but really playing some poor golf right now, so it's a lofty goal. i also am entering my busy season, where i can't play much golf over a 5-month period. practice will be key.

- hit 5 more greens per round (currently averaging 7 greens over the last 6 months). only answer to this is a check-up lesson and more practice.

- limit 3-putts to 2 or fewer. only answer to this is a putting lesson and more practice.

- buy new wedges and a new hybrid, THEN STOP BUYING NEW GOLF STUFF!

2015 Goals:

Play in a THP event
Break 80 (Closest in 2014 was an 80...with a 6 on a par 3. That close.)
Take some lessons
Develop a repeatable confident driver swing
Raise FIR/GIR %

I have a good all-around short game, but I'd like to get REALLY sharp with my pitching, chipping (especially in this winter Bermuda grass) and putting. In goal form:

1) Get up and down 75% on missed greens

2) Average < 29 putts per round

3) Make 100% of putts from </= 6'

4) Expand arsenal of short game shots

5) Practice at least 2 hours per week on short game

Since I just started, my goals are pretty basic.

#1 More lessons
#2 Learn to hit all my clubs. My driver, yikes...
#3 Get to the range and practice as much as possible.
#4 Get to a point where I can play a game with my buds.

Single digits baby.

It's my one chief goal and it's been that way for a few years. Now I feel like I have a legitimate shot at it.

9.9 or bust!!

Single digits baby.

It's my one chief goal and it's been that way for a few years. Now I feel like I have a legitimate shot at it.

9.9 or bust!!
Hopefully by this time next year we are having a beer to celebrate having reached our goals.

- Managed 100 rounds in this year - try for at least 80 next year.
- consistently shoot in the 80-85 slot.
- break 80 at least once.
- tighten up full wedge approach shots.
- find someplace where I can practice chipping onto an actual green (as opposed to my backyard).
- drop some weight over the winter

I think my only goal for 2015 is to not buy any clubs. The driver is the only thing that might put this in jeopardy. I've been juggling a few drivers lately, I think I'm going to pick one and try to play the whole year with the same bag.

2015 goals

Focus more during casual round, manage the course.
Get back into the single digits...I am an 11.5 now, have been in the mid 9's before.
Drive the ball in play.
Work short game hard all year.

Pick 3 THP events to try to get into, hopefully make 1 if not 2.
Play lots of unofficial THP golf.

Get back to single digits.
Actually commit to practicing.

Get in better shape and develop my swing a bit more.

2015 goals

Focus more during casual round, manage the course.
Get back into the single digits...I am an 11.5 now, have been in the mid 9's before.
Drive the ball in play.
Work short game hard all year.

Pick 3 THP events to try to get into, hopefully make 1 if not 2.
Play lots of unofficial THP golf.

You got this.

You have a pretty swing and I saw numerous signs of what you can do this past Wednesday. You keep the ball in front of you and that's huge.

My goals for 2015

Play lots more golf including traveling to play

Play more competitive golf, I got my first taste in a long time of competitive golf and forgot how much I loved it.

Get to a mid single handicap. I know its a lofty goal considering I'm currently at an 11, but after all my practice for the Grandaddy, I found a new love for the game and most importantly for practice. I may even take a few lessons for the first time ever.

Play in at least 1 THP event maybe 2 if I'm lucky

2015 Golf Goals

Top my personal best 9 hole score of 31(-5) by putting up either 29 or 30. Not gunna lie, this goal will definitely be tough to beat.

Would also love to get in a big THP event like #THPLegacy, #TheGauntlet, #TheKing, or even #TheGrandaddy (if it's coming back). I attended two Bridgestone Invitational events last year but I'm really trying for the other events this coming year. Don't get me wrong, I love the Invitational event, I would just like to experience one of the others.

Another goal is to get more people playing golf. Whether it be coworkers, friends, or family, I need more people to play with locally.

Last edited:
Top my personal best 9 hole score of 31(-5) by putting up either 29 or 30. Not gunna lie, this goal will definitely be tough to beat.

Would also love to get in a big THP event like #THPLegacy, #TheGauntlet, #TheKing, or even #TheGrandaddy (if it's coming back). I attended two Bridgestone Invitational events last year but I'm really trying for the other events this coming year. Don't get me wrong, I love the Invitational event, I would just like to experience one of the others.

Another goal is to get more people playing golf. Rather it be coworkers, friends, or family, I need more people to play with locally.

The #grandaddy is definitely coming back for 2015.

Best of luck with your goals!

Back