2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

I've only hit the demo at the range (about 8 times or so). I was comparing it to my Rogue ST Pro 3 HL. I was seeing a slightly lower flight but 5 or so yards more carry and 5-10 yards more total. The biggest difference for me was that my dispersion was much tighter and mishits were fewer
I am wondering about right to left or left to right. I had mine on TrackMan today and was hitting some pretty hard draws with it.

I am wondering about right to left or left to right. I had mine on TrackMan today and was hitting some pretty hard draws with it.
My normal shot shape is a draw but a it wasn't overly draw biased in my testing. I like to see a tight draw though. I will say that with hybrids I don't try to turn the ball over as they tend to draw much easier in general

How many have replaced their fairway woods with super hybrids? Did you stick with it? Any complaints?

How many have replaced their fairway woods with super hybrids? Did you stick with it? Any complaints?
I have an 18* knocked down to 17* that is in my 5wood spot. I don’t usually hit the 3w off the deck, so this is the lowest loft I hit from the FW. I use a 7w and these two clubs really blend nicely for me. No changes this year.

I haven’t. I became very fond of the UWs. To me, though, one of the main issues for most would be which launch window works best for them.

2nd driver, but yes.
No complaints at all.

I haven’t. I became very fond of the UWs. To me, though, one of the main issues for most would be which launch window works best for them.
I have continued to try to put a 3 wood in play as the top end of the bag is a big area of opportunity for me. I currently have a Rogue ST 3 HL and the good shots are really good but I have way too many mis-hits with it and the bad is very bad. That causes me to leave it in the bag more than using it on course. I think the longer length of the 3 wood is what gives me trouble. I've done a ton of testing at the range with the demo 2 superhybrid versus the 16 high launch and the data was overwhelming that I should switch to the 2 superhybrid. I think it was @McLovin Grandaddy team which had the first super hybrids get released and some swapped them in place of their fairway woods. Just curious if any of them who did have stuck with them or had a reason to go back. Mine will go right in play and I'll happily update my thoughts in here.

2nd driver, but yes.
No complaints at all.
I'll go longer driver, second driver (which gets used the most), Paradym 2 Super Hybrid, Rogue ST Pro 3 hybrid, Paradym 7 wood. It's an odd setup but I'm extremely excited to see how it plays out on course

I'll go longer driver, second driver (which gets used the most), Paradym 2 Super Hybrid, Rogue ST Pro 3 hybrid, Paradym 7 wood. It's an odd setup but I'm extremely excited to see how it plays out on course
That seems like a lot of clubs for similar distance, no?

@93civiccpe - what are your distances with all those clubs, and what is your first iron?

I have continued to try to put a 3 wood in play as the top end of the bag is a big area of opportunity for me. I currently have a Rogue ST 3 HL and the good shots are really good but I have way too many mis-hits with it and the bad is very bad. That causes me to leave it in the bag more than using it on course. I think the longer length of the 3 wood is what gives me trouble. I've done a ton of testing at the range with the demo 2 superhybrid versus the 16 high launch and the data was overwhelming that I should switch to the 2 superhybrid. I think it was @McLovin Grandaddy team which had the first super hybrids get released and some swapped them in place of their fairway woods. Just curious if any of them who did have stuck with them or had a reason to go back. Mine will go right in play and I'll happily update my thoughts in here.
It sure sounds like the SH is the right match for your swing. I kind of look at fairway woods within 3 sub categories. The 3 wood is its own, because for so many, it is a love/hate relationship and it is not the easiest club to hit from the fairway. Then, there is the 4 or 5 wood category, primarily used to advance the ball as far down the fairway as possible on par 5s and sometimes used on very long par 4s. Finally, there is the higher lofted fairway wood, such as a 7 or 9, that fits the spot of a long iron or hybrid and needs to be able to be used successfully on approach shots or long par 3s.

For me, if I have a 3 wood that I really like (and it isn’t easy to find that club, although I currently have one), nothing can replace it, because nothing other than another driver gives me the distance off the tee, but also allows me to get 250 yard-type distance from the fairway for par 5s. I could not put a Super Hybrid in the bag in place of that 3 wood. I would give up distance off the tee. I know that some would not, but I would.

For me, the Super Hybrid could fit either the 5 wood category or, where I am currently contemplating it, in that third category of long iron/hybrid replacement for long par 3s and long approaches. That third category is where for me, like you said, I have a lot of opportunity to improve scoring.

Last edited:
That seems like a lot of clubs for similar distance, no?
Maybe.. but it was working well the second half of last year
@93civiccpe - what are your distances with all those clubs, and what is your first iron?
Realistic distances from my x5 watch:
Longer driver (hardly gets used): 262 yards average
Shorter driver: 253 yards
3HL: inconsistent but good hits were in the 235 yard range (hoping for similar with the super hybrid but with more consistency and confidence)
3 hybrid: average 217 yards
7 wood: full swing: 210 yards
Gripped down: 200 yards
First iron is 6 iron and it averages 189 yards. (I play it for 185-190 yards)
I do have a 5 iron but I find more versatility with the 7 wood. (I should note that the 7 wood is built shorter)

I don’t carry a 3/5 wood. This fills the roll for those clubs very nicely.

Spent a good chunk of time hitting this the last few days, but I want to talk less about what I am seeing, and more about how it fits in my bag. At least I think I can explain it. Im getting distance out of this thing on par with my 2nd driver I as hitting previously in the spot. I am not sure why I wouldn't go driver, right to this and then into either a 4 hybrid or my irons. I can take a big cut and have it fall in that 235 range or back off a bit and still get 215 out of it.

Its a bit oversized than what I am used to in a hybrid, but I think that is giving me a bit more confidence to swing away. Im seeing lower spin, straight flight that doesn't launch too high at all.

I continue to believe that this is one of the more forgiving clubs I have hit in this spot, while not giving up the versatility I have to sacrifice with the 2nd driver.

Spent a good chunk of time hitting this the last few days, but I want to talk less about what I am seeing, and more about how it fits in my bag. At least I think I can explain it. Im getting distance out of this thing on par with my 2nd driver I as hitting previously in the spot. I am not sure why I wouldn't go driver, right to this and then into either a 4 hybrid or my irons. I can take a big cut and have it fall in that 235 range or back off a bit and still get 215 out of it.

Its a bit oversized than what I am used to in a hybrid, but I think that is giving me a bit more confidence to swing away. Im seeing lower spin, straight flight that doesn't launch too high at all.

I continue to believe that this is one of the more forgiving clubs I have hit in this spot, while not giving up the versatility I have to sacrifice with the 2nd driver.
when you say a bit oversized...how do you think it compares size wise to the Paradym X?

when you say a bit oversized...how do you think it compares size wise to the Paradym X?
Here it is next to the standard Ai Smoke for reference

IMG_1921.jpeg

That is pretty amazing. You are not one who is prone to hyperbole, so to read that it is as long as a driver is eye opening.

That is pretty amazing. You are not one who is prone to hyperbole, so to read that it is as long as a driver is eye opening.
Just to add context, my second driver, which I played at 43.5"

This is part of what gives me pause about trying to put it in the spot where I want it. It just looks big.

Just to add context, my second driver, which I played at 43.5"
Sure, but still, your goal with that club is to have a forgiving tee club that is at least as long as a 3 wood. I think it says a lot about how much speed that Syper Hybrid generates.

Sure, but still, your goal with that club is to have a forgiving tee club that is at least as long as a 3 wood. I think it says a lot about how much speed that Syper Hybrid generates.
Very true and it has really added some versatility. I went into it knowing what the previous had done, but not sure it was the right fit for me. Im coming out of it thinking it could be a weapon this year for me on multiple holes I play at experiences.

Makes perfectly good sense. I was feeling that I needed a 3 wood option in the bag (kinda second driver) but I’m able to play this down when needed, it’s a great tee club replacement. The oversized head as a “tweener” really adds the confidence. I’m playing the 2H at 15 degrees and went with a different shaft to keep spin down (swing flaw)

I still find the heel side a little dead but it’s much improved since I went up in shaft weight.

Im genuinely not seeing that at all.
User error. It has diminished but I’ve found about a 10% drop off in heel strikes But not any real gear effect.

Very true and it has really added some versatility. I went into it knowing what the previous had done, but not sure it was the right fit for me. Im coming out of it thinking it could be a weapon this year for me on multiple holes I play at experiences.
I know you like the two driver setup, but I feel like the versatility alone makes a club like this worth a spot. Especially if your dispersion is as good or better than the second driver. I'd trust a club this size off the deck far more than a driver.

Back