2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Really hoping for a positive season in Wrigleyville. Lots of negativity leading up to it, which has been brewing for a few years. I've been a bit part of that, and still have some issues with the ownership and management, but it seems like this is a fun team and Counsell is as good as they come.

Really hoping for a positive season in Wrigleyville. Lots of negativity leading up to it, which has been brewing for a few years. I've been a bit part of that, and still have some issues with the ownership and management, but it seems like this is a fun team and Counsell is as good as they come.
Keeping an eye on Neris. He had an awful Spring training. Hope he is just a slow starter.

Cannot wait for this afternoon!

I don't have high hopes for the Birds this year, but you best believe I will be rooting them on against the evil Dodgers today

We’re born again, there’s new grass on the field …

Put me in coach I’m ready to play

im always very excited for opening day, but for the first time in my life i dont give a damn about my white sox organization anymore. Between owning the bulls and white sox i would say Reinsdorf may be the worst owner in sports.

The way they mishandle things year after year after year is finally enough for me. I watched maybe 7 - 8 games last year and found I stopped caring about them.

I think its time to go back to rooting for the Braves bc i grew up a Chipper fan. My first year of little league our team name was the Braves so i remember looking up their roster and had to choose a jersey number between 1 - 15. I got lucky i guess by choosing #10 and he became my favorite player

Haha at worst owner in sports.
He wouldnt make the top 10 on most lists.

The Will Smith contract details are out and it includes 5M of deferred compensation per year, so 50M total of the 140M total. 30M will be paid in two equal payments as a signing bonus this year and next.
So something like 42m over the next 2 years when he’s in his prime then 11m per year w/ 5m deferred for the 8 years thereafter.

The Dodgers have a lot of deferred money on the books and you eventually have to pay the piper. But at 11m per, this one becomes a very tradable contract

So something like 42m over the next 2 years when he’s in his prime then 11m per year w/ 5m deferred for the 8 years thereafter.

The Dodgers have a lot of deferred money on the books and you eventually have to pay the piper. But at 11m per, this one becomes a very tradable contract
Their TV contract was 8.5 billion and runs through 2039.

Happy Opening Day everyone! Hope my Dodgers and their 8th highest payroll can compete this year.

Happy Opening Day everyone! Hope my Dodgers and their 8th highest payroll can compete this year.
But highest payroll in 2034!

This math is like your 220 yard drives. :ROFLMAO:

Opening Day Baby!

@Canadan I hope you are taking Cal to the parade in Cincy.

@echico It starts today! I have no clue what pitching will look like but I like the lineup and Espada manages the game like I want to see.

This is def true. Hope they win a few championships between now & then

Hahahaha... Maybe. According to Spotrac tracker they are 8th this year. Only talking about this season sir as this is the 2024 thread.

Spotrac Payroll Tracker
When they win 120 games this year, you can go out to the parade. Catalytic converters for everybody.

When they win 120 games this year, you can go out to the parade. Catalytic converters for everybody.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If the win the whole thing I will gladly watch the parade on TV.

I have very high hopes for the Phillies this year. A healthy Harper is huge for us. We do need things to drop right in the pitching department. Besides Wheeler and Nola, the Phils don't have much else. We need Ranger to have a good year for sure and maybe make a deal on a trade.

Opening Day Baby!

@Canadan I hope you are taking Cal to the parade in Cincy.
he's in Florida right now.
Just down the road from Tropicana.

Sounds like they are going to the game tomorrow, and the Jays happen to be in town. I have never been jealous of one of their Florida trips without me - this is new.

Back