2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

I would argue the Marlins did replicate it last year. They’ve been decimated by injuries this year. They are doing what the Rays do when they reach the end of the road with guys or are losing - make sure they get value for guys they know aren’t in their future.
Thats fair.. you are prob right. I guess I just meant the sustained level of competitiveness despite the differing economics. Miami might be on the cusp of that.. injuries really have killed them.

Thats fair.. you are prob right. I guess I just meant the sustained level of competitiveness despite the differing economics. Miami might be on the cusp of that.. injuries really have killed them.
Good point. Tampa has done a great job of committing to a Moneyball style system and sticking with it. Inthink they are on the 3rd or 4th GM / leadership group and they keep on innovating (first to do Openers, I believe) and staying with their program. My impression is Miami has not had that same dedication to a particular system.

@Joshnoble01, what happened? All I saw was the final score! 😲
Honestly it was ugly from the jump. You all put it on us early and often. I think it was 5-0 in the first and 9-0 after 2. I toggled between hockey and basketball after that. Went back and it was 14-3. Just an asskicking.

Have any preferences on your care package?

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Honestly it was ugly from the jump. You all put it on us early and often. I think it was 5-0 in the first and 9-0 after 2. I toggled between hockey and basketball after that. Went back and it was 14-3. Just an asskicking.

Have any preferences on your care package?
It's baseball, Phillies could lose the next 3 easy.

The Yankees announcers are having some fun with numbers. Javy Baez could have 100 straight singles and still have a lower career OBP than Jan Soto. Soto could get out 503 straight times and still have a higher OBP than Baez.

The Reds need to figure something out soon, the offense is atrocious and needs a lot of work.

Dead last in team avg .210
4th in team k's 332
28th in team obp .289

The Reds need to figure something out soon, the offense is atrocious and needs a lot of work.

Dead last in team avg .210
4th in team k's 332
28th in team obp .289
They have so much talent. This is what sometimes happens when the entire team is young. Unfortunately for the manager this can be a ticket to the unemployment line.

They have so much talent. This is what sometimes happens when the entire team is young. Unfortunately for the manager this can be a ticket to the unemployment line.

They're hurting with a few missing guys from last year with injuries and suspension.

Matt McLain .290 avg
TJ Friedl .279 avg
Noelvi Marte .316

But right now they have 8 out of 13 guys hitting under .200 on the team. Only 1 everyday player is batting over .250 (Elly De La Cruz)

I don’t know how I missed the Rays city connect logo @JB this is fire.
60573682_59FIFTY_2024MLBDL595022055TAMRAYCLM_TAMRAY_TEL_3QR.jpg

Shota with another great game. Walk offs are nice!

Feeling really bad for Wilson Contreras and the StL people today. That was a brutal injury. Even worse, it was completely avoidable on a couple levels.

Feeling really bad for Wilson Contreras and the StL people today. That was a brutal injury. Even worse, it was completely avoidable on a couple levels.
I just saw the video. I thought it was going to be a backswing situation. The Cardinals moved him closer to home plate to get more low strikes called, he was too close and got hit was a regular swing. That's pretty brutal.

This is insanely too close.

1715189691837.png

I just saw the video. I thought it was going to be a backswing situation. The Cardinals moved him closer to home plate to get more low strikes called, he was too close and got hit was a regular swing. That's pretty brutal.

This is insanely too close.

View attachment 9265411

it's a terrible injury, but damn he's way too close to the batter there who looks like he's on the back line of the batters box.
Many on social seem to think JD was also out of the box (back foot). Seems to look like that to me here, though I've seen more damning angles. Two non-ideal things lead to a very bad situation.

Toronto would like to know when the season starts?
Man have they been hard to watch so far. No hitting, below average pitching. I think Schneider’s days are numbered as the manager before Mattingly steps in

Man have they been hard to watch so far. No hitting, below average pitching. I think Schneider’s days are numbered as the manager before Mattingly steps in
I wonder what that actually accomplishes.. The guys who were good at pitching aren't pitching well. The guys who were good at batting aren't batting well.

it's a team level suck.

I wonder what that actually accomplishes.. The guys who were good at pitching aren't pitching well. The guys who were good at batting aren't batting well.

it's a team level suck.

Oh there’s definitely a lot of suck going around. My first thoughts would be a fresh voice that might change the teams approach to hitting which is a bigger concern than pitching in my opinion. I have faith Berrios and Kikuchi will figure it out as they’ve been okay so far a part from a couple outings, Gausman and Bassitt have been terrible.

He was also not in the batters box - wouldn't have happened if he was standing in the box

PIT bringing up Skenes to face the Cubs this weekend. Not cool guys.

Back