5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

KellyBo just said I need to lose body fat because I really do work out hard at the gym every week. She said the muscle I am gaining will weigh more than the fat. I added 25 lbs to each of my routines today and I do 30 reps each on 10 different machines and free weights. I am not trying to be Hulk Hogan as this would ruin my golf swing but I do want the extra strength and endurance that will give me the X factor :D. I currently use the 125 lb weight on all my reps.
This may sound odd OG, but I find that once I am back in my work out routines and add on a bit of muscle, my swing feels much better, a lot smoother.

I am a little over a week in to P90X, I really wish I would have been able to finish it back early summer. The first week of workouts are tough, but you push through and get used to them. GOod luck with the Yoga, it kicks my butt every time.

Good luck with the P90X, I did it once but it wasnt for me. I thought some of the DVDs were awesome, but just got all of them. The AbRipperX is by far the most effective (IMO) and the Yoga & XStretch ones are not a joke either. I ditched the P90X and just took up running pretty seriously; found a better return on time investment with running versus P90X for me.

This may sound odd OG, but I find that once I am back in my work out routines and add on a bit of muscle, my swing feels much better, a lot smoother.

You are right buddy and my golf game is getting better and more consistent the more I stay in the gym. It's a win/win for both my health and my golf game.

Good luck with the P90X, I did it once but ti wasnt for me. I thought some of the DVDs were awesome, but just got all of them. The AbRipperX is by far the most effective (IMO) and the Yoga & XStretch ones are not a joke either. I ditched the P90X and just took up running pretty seriously; found a better return on time investment with running versus P90X for me.
I posted a while back, that I had gotten in about 45 days back in the summer, then had a run in with my hand and a vegetable slicer and could no longer do pull ups or push ups, so I basically just quit.

I had dropped some serious weight in the month and a half that I did it, and was feeling great. I like the workouts on the dvd, they have a good intensity that combines cardio with weights, etc.

I posted a while back, that I had gotten in about 45 days back in the summer, then had a run in with my hand and a vegetable slicer and could no longer do pull ups or push ups, so I basically just quit.

I had dropped some serious weight in the month and a half that I did it, and was feeling great. I like the workouts on the dvd, they have a good intensity that combines cardio with weights, etc.

I'm thinking I'm gonna like P90X then. I hate running/jogging for cardio. It was fine when I was playing soccer or in track since I had a short term goal and it was in sprints. Just running for kicks and giggles to me is so boring. I do it so I don't weigh 500lbs, but man I hate it

I'm thinking I'm gonna like P90X then. I hate running/jogging for cardio. It was fine when I was playing soccer or in track since I had a short term goal and it was in sprints. Just running for kicks and giggles to me is so boring. I do it so I don't weigh 500lbs, but man I hate it
P90X is all about muscle confusion and keeping your heart rate up during your workout. You usually do 8 sets, back to back before a break. I think you will like it.

P90X is all about muscle confusion and keeping your heart rate up during your workout. You usually do 8 sets, back to back before a break. I think you will like it.

Oh yeah I'll be fan of this. I liked doing crossfit stuff but never did it with any regularity just due to time etc.

Oh yeah I'll be fan of this. I liked doing crossfit stuff but never did it with any regularity just due to time etc.
If you like crossfit then you will like P90X.

21 pounds now since October 9th! Hopefully another 20 in a few months. Want to be under 200 for probably the first time since I was 13.

Steel Tappin'

21 pounds now since October 9th! Hopefully another 20 in a few months. Want to be under 200 for probably the first time since I was 13.

Steel Tappin'

Dang buddy you are kicking some serious arse with your weight loss. Give me some tips on some of your feature tricks of dropping it (weight) like a hot potato :D! Man I love my gym:in-love::love:. I just got back from an excellent work out. Weighed this morning and down to 214 so that's a pound in the right direction. I also had a doctor's appointment to talk about some meds we were working with and I told her I had a bit knot in my back that kept me from sleeping last night. She felt it and said old man you have a pulled muscle that has knotted up on you in there. I really did hit the gym extra hard yesterday and felt the muscle pull when it happened. It just popped up there and hurt like hell last night. She gave me a script for a muscle relaxer and told me to put ice on it for a couple days. I left her office and went right back to the gym and worked out an hour. Heck she told me to stretch some so it would relieve the tension. I stretched alright with my regular routine :blob:. Now I am going to the golf course in a few and kick Bernice in the arse and take her bingo money :D

Dang buddy you are kicking some serious arse with your weight loss. Give me some tips on some of your feature tricks of dropping it (weight) like a hot potato :D! Man I love my gym:in-love::love:. I just got back from an excellent work out. Weighed this morning and down to 214 so that's a pound in the right direction. I also had a doctor's appointment to talk about some meds we were working with and I told her I had a bit knot in my back that kept me from sleeping last night. She felt it and said old man you have a pulled muscle that has knotted up on you in there. I really did hit the gym extra hard yesterday and felt the muscle pull when it happened. It just popped up there and hurt like hell last night. She gave me a script for a muscle relaxer and told me to put ice on it for a couple days. I left her office and went right back to the gym and worked out an hour. Heck she told me to stretch some so it would relieve the tension. I stretched alright with my regular routine :blob:. Now I am going to the golf course in a few and kick Bernice in the arse and take her bingo money :D

No ground breaking secrets here! During football season, as a coach, it's easy to eat very unhealthy. Sadly, I can put on weight as quickly as I lose it. So, I wasn't eating super healthy for about 3-4 months and because of the long hours rarely exercised. I've been going 5 or 6 days a week since October 9th and have cardio'd my butt off. Usually do 3-4 miles one day, 2 miles the next. I jump rope a lot, a great full body exercise. I've been lifting very lightly - most of my focus has been on cardio. I think my favorite weight loss exercise, however, are burpees. They're calorie killing machines and are truly a full body exercise. Plus, I've been playing basketball a lot.

Most importantly, however, is that I stopped eating like a fool. I can't say I've truly dieted but rather just have been eating normal portions, cutting down on the beer, and not eating any junk.

I have to stay a little more disciplined next football season.

Steel Tappin'

I'll be starting my biggest loser challenge at work come first part of January so I'm sure I'll be checking in here. Goal is gonna be 20-30lbs in 3 months. Great thread! Congrats on everyone's progress so far! I'm still catching up.

I'll be starting my biggest loser challenge at work come first part of January so I'm sure I'll be checking in here. Goal is gonna be 20-30lbs in 3 months. Great thread! Congrats on everyone's progress so far! I'm still catching up.

Good luck! Enjoy. I'll be rooting for you.

Steel Tappin'

I'm with ya - I just started my new job in a new city and have been eating salads everyday and trying to workout/walk daily. I'm targeting Mar 1 for my first goal: >20 lbs, then The Outing if I go for another 15.

Managed to get in a nice, light gym session this afternoon. Time to go play some hoops now!

It's good to have goals and focus your efforts on them for results. I stated that my goal is to be at or below 200 lbs at the THP outing in May or I will wear a dress on demo day. You can bet your arse I ain't wearing no fricking dress so I will be working hard at this goal. I started out at 215 and now I am at 213 and I plan for the weight to drop off like a hookers dress on Saturday night :D!

I'm with ya - I just started my new job in a new city and have been eating salads everyday and trying to workout/walk daily. I'm targeting Mar 1 for my first goal: >20 lbs, then The Outing if I go for another 15.

Salads are one of my favorite lunch foods. I will go to the gym, work hard, head to my local Ingles and pick me up a huge salad. I bought one the other day and it weighed out at + $7.00 bucks! Almost two salads in one. I did learn that beano is your friend if you eat alot of Broccoli :bulgy-eyes:.

Managed to get in a nice, light gym session this afternoon. Time to go play some hoops now!

Good job Steel and keep at buddy! You will need that good cardio background when you are down in the Florida heat come May! Heck you might even be placed on the winning team = Team Nicklaus:thumb:

Is it true that Snickers, Paydays, M&Ms and ice cream are okay in moderation Ole Gray? :alien:

Is it true that Snickers, Paydays, M&Ms and ice cream are okay in moderation Ole Gray? :alien:

Why sure however you have to hit the gym hard for four days per week :D. I think if you deprive yourself of a special treat now and then, it is not good business:nono:. You must reward yourself for the hard work and sweat however you also must not over indulge or your efforts are loss in the calories :beat-up:

Im 2 weeks in to my P90X, and am proud of myself for staying focused on it, regardless of how crazy work has been for me.

Havent seen visible results yet, but much more energy and just feel great!

Im 2 weeks in to my P90X, and am proud of myself for staying focused on it, regardless of how crazy work has been for me.

Havent seen visible results yet, but much more energy and just feel great!

Nice going and good job sticking with it. You know the results will show in due time!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice going and good job sticking with it. You know the results will show in due time!

Tappin' from my iPad!
Thanks Cookie, have to keep it going though. Funny how a good workout program makes you want to eat better and stay away from the junk. Its the junk snacks that always kill me, im sucker with a sweet tooth.

Thanks Cookie, have to keep it going though. Funny how a good workout program makes you want to eat better and stay away from the junk. Its the junk snacks that always kill me, im sucker with a sweet tooth.

I hear ya, that stuff ruins any diet program really quick. Amazing how quick it adds up if not careful.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Truth be known, I am too brother! That is what KellyBo was referring to about the occasional candy bars. We don't keep stuff like that in the house thank goodness!!!

I hear ya, that stuff ruins any diet program really quick. Amazing how quick it adds up if not careful.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Yes sir, that plus beer kills me. Good thing I switched to the hard stuff...hahah

Truth be known, I am too brother! That is what KellyBo was referring to about the occasional candy bars. We don't keep stuff like that in the house thank goodness!!!
Neither do I, but this time of year working in Health Care, there is always candy and cakes and goodies around. Self control is a mindset.

Back