Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

I'll be honest, after reading this thread, I kind of want to hit these, especially the hybrids. More so b/c I'm interested in that velocity slot.

I'm not gonna do the standard lefty/righty joke today my friend. I'd really have you try mine if you could. But I think you might really like this hybrid. Completely unique to the Razr X but it offers a great experience. Very forgiving and I some tests that I plan on doing to put a good stamp on it.

Thanks everyone and TC's post reminded me that I was going to mention the velosity slot and add a section called "Intangibles", but forgot by the time I got through all my other notes, whoops. I really expected to sort of feel the velocity slot to some degree. I didn't. I think it contributed to the sort of muffled sound and rocket speed off the face, plus the penetrating ball flight, but could not feel it in my hands.

Also, the weight difference in the gap wedge made a huge difference in my chipping. I never would have expected that, but the well balanced weight and larger head had me zero'ed in. (I chipped one in from about 25 feet and many very close). Beyond that, the confidence I felt behind these iron's translated into the rest of my clubs resulting in a 39 on the round and that's with several shot's going long, over the green.

I'll be honest, after reading this thread, I kind of want to hit these, especially the hybrids. More so b/c I'm interested in that velocity slot.

Come to Iowa in October. There is likely to be two sets there! haha

What he said.

Duey, buddy, damn fine write up there man. I love it! I also love the vids and close up pic's, the hybrids really do look good. Great add-in on the slot, I would have thought you'd have noticed it more in the feel department too, strange. But hey, a zero'd in gap wedge is ALWAYS good lol.

What he said.

Duey, buddy, damn fine write up there man. I love it! I also love the vids and close up pic's, the hybrids really do look good. Great add-in on the slot, I would have thought you'd have noticed it more in the feel department too, strange. But hey, a zero'd in gap wedge is ALWAYS good lol.

Haha, thanks buddy. That GW was the star of the show yesterday. I hit a beautiful draw over some trees to the green and then chip in with it on #2 for bird. Full shots from 105 or a little more seem perfect in this cooler weather.

Sig change as per marcawesome's request complete.

Nice writeup and vids, Due. You look cold... brrrrrr.

I'll be heading out to the range later so I'm hoping a little more writeup and vids for the PM session.

Thanks all! I didn't want anyone to feel like I was overstepping bounds I just think it would be easy to have that info handy per post :)

I did see a couple of gaps, but a little testing this AM has me re-thinking if the wind wasn't effecting those shots, so time will tell. Possibly my only feel complaint and it really isn't a complaint is that these are a tad heavier as mentioned and at 52 with a bit of arthritis in my hands the steel might not be a long term option.
Hey Due- did the gaps occur in clubs as you transition from graphite shafts to steel shafts? Like you, I'm wondering about the mixed shafts (since I'm currently playing all graphite) with regard to feel as much as distance.

Hey Due- did the gaps occur in clubs as you transition from graphite shafts to steel shafts? Like you, I'm wondering about the mixed shafts (since I'm currently playing all graphite) with regard to feel as much as distance.

Actually that's a yes and no. The feel from the ProLaunch graphites felt smooth and simple as did the True-temper steel. The transition there was seamless as I noted, but the gap first showed up in hitting the 6 hybrid a quite a bit farther than the 7 iron. That didn't seem to last and may have been my getting used to smoothing the swing because now they seem to fall perfectly in that 10 to 15 yard distance. There is a gap between the GW and my SW, but nothing unfixable. My sw is 56*, so I can switch to 54* and pick up a lob at 58*, should be good to go.

Good question, thanks!

I going to get out today and play around with KellyBo. I will hit her irons off the hard pan lies a few times to see how the bounce affects my shots. It should be an interesting test for me so we shall see.

I going to get out today and play around with KellyBo. I will hit her irons off the hard pan lies a few times to see how the bounce affects my shots. It should be an interesting test for me so we shall see.

Could you do me a favor and do it especially with the GW? I don't play many hardpan here in FL but my regular GW has a low bounce just for that reason. It's one of my concerns with the GW that I plan on trying out. Thanks, Gray!

Could you do me a favor and do it especially with the GW? I don't play many hardpan here in FL but my regular GW has a low bounce just for that reason. It's one of my concerns with the GW that I plan on trying out. Thanks, Gray!

Will do partner! We have the perfect conditions due to a long hot dry summer so it will be a good look...

Nice stuff, TBT and duey. I'm heading to the range shortly. It was kind of chilly this morning so I'm waiting for it to warm up some. No course time today, they have early leagues today.

Nice stuff, TBT and duey. I'm heading to the range shortly. It was kind of chilly this morning so I'm waiting for it to warm up some. No course time today, they have early leagues today.

Ya dude I hit the range early and it was freezing this morning. Supposed to be 80s again next week hehe

Thanks for posting up the vid, Duey. They look great in your bag.

Been doing some catching up in this thread. Great job everyone. Something I would like you guys to look out for is the big hooks. I recall hooking the daylights out of the A7OS hybrid and wondering if anyone is noticing that in the A12OS's. Sorry if this was brought up, lots of reading to do in here!

Been doing some catching up in this thread. Great job everyone. Something I would like you guys to look out for is the big hooks. I recall hooking the daylights out of the A7OS hybrid and wondering if anyone is noticing that in the A12OS's. Sorry if this was brought up, lots of reading to do in here!

Hey Griff! I noticed no hooking at all. In fact I usually hit a pretty straight ball for the most part with some fades in there. I hit one nice draw where the pin was about 195 out if I remember correctly. The Prolaunch shafts are really doing a fantastic job of staying with the swing.

Griff I hook the crap out of my A7OS sometimes, but it seems to me like everyone is hitting these A12s really well.

Curious how much offset the A7OS has compared to the A12OS, I know in the picture next to the Mashie there is next to none on the A12OS and people seem to hook the Mashie quite a bit as well.

OG and I jumped on the back nine for about an hour this afternoon and hit a few balls from here and there. I missed a few shots but hit some beauties too. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong when I chunk one but our fairways are SO bad right now from lack of rain and no irrigation system. It's hard pan everywhere and I'm struggling with it. It doesn't seem to phase OG because he has a flatter swing and picks the ball more than me.

OG wanted to try out my GW on hard pan so we found the perfect spot for him. He did great with it. Here's the video to show him sticking it tight!

Here's the result of his shot.
DSCF9898.jpg

This shot was about 142 to the pin but it was also uphill into the wind so played a good bit longer. I hit a bad shot on the first attempt and decided to try it again. Bubbette always hits a better shot.

1st attempt

2nd shot was one of the best shots I've ever hit on this hole

result of 2nd shot - knocked it tight!

Par 3 - 8 iron from about 150 out (downhill wind behind me)
I hit the ball on the right side of the green anticipating the left kick and ended up about 10' above the flag.

85 yard GW shot uphill (KellyBo and Bubbette again).

1st shot - not so good

[video=youtube;b-2XLF7_bUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2XLF7_bUo[/video]

2nd shot real good

The first shot was a miss that landed short of the green. The second shot landed about 2-3' from the pin as shown in the picture below.

DSCF9901.jpg

I hit one shot out from under a tree with my 7 iron and got out pretty well. It did nip a tree limb but made it pin high just off the green. I need to practice that shot a little more to see if I can keep it a little lower.

I'm playing in a scramble at another course in South GA this weekend. I really can't wait to hit them on better fairway conditions. When I hit these solid, I am seeing unbelievable results. I've been having a problem getting too quick with my swing and recently worked with my instructor on tempo. It's obvious when I get my rhythm right, I hit some really nice shots with these clubs.

Last edited:
Great videos and writeup KB. Glad Bubbette was with you today

Here's another shot of me hitting the 4 hybrid off the tee on a par 3 from about 155 out. It landed on the green and rolled just off the left side past the pin.
[video=youtube;m9ilzOs-mq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ilzOs-mq8[/video]

Nice vids, KB and thanks Gray for getting some GW on the hardpan. I'll have to see on pitches how that works out since I tend to open the club a bit on pitches which activates the bounce.

Off to the range so I'll check in later.

Great stuff KB! Looks like you had a few outstanding shots and a few not so good ones but that will always come with a complete change of your clubs. I bet you do even better than you think this weekend on some lush fairways!

Good to see OG getting in on the act - don't let him steal those from you!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hey Griff! I noticed no hooking at all. In fact I usually hit a pretty straight ball for the most part with some fades in there. I hit one nice draw where the pin was about 195 out if I remember correctly. The Prolaunch shafts are really doing a fantastic job of staying with the swing.

Thanks Yoccos! These are looking really nice.

Griff I hook the crap out of my A7OS sometimes, but it seems to me like everyone is hitting these A12s really well.

Yeah, the A7OS and A12OS really don't have a lot in common in the club head from what I am seeing so far.

Time to watch some vids!

Back