Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

My first thoughts are that these are differnt what I am used to playing. At first look they are very nice looking. The sticker on shaft threw me off a little. There is no writing on the shaft at all except the sticker. It doesnt bother me just threw me off.
DSCF0572.jpg

The shafts feel very firm and after hitting a few into my net I have the feeling I am going to have to rethink all my distances for even the short irons. Balls felt like they came off very nice. I will be going to the range tomarrow to hit some and see the flight. The added options of higher lofted true hybrids will make par threes alot more interesting. My bag looks packed having all those head covers hanging out to.

DSCF0574.jpg

I am very pleased and will continue with this tomarrow at the range.

Nick, pictures look great so far. Keep up the good work my man

Spank love the vid. Can't tell you how much video I have lost to my son trying to be a movie star. Like that you noted the glare on the head.

Good pics Nick. That sticker is odd, nothing underneath?

Many times when you are dealing with irons pre-release, shaft graphics are not done as of yet.

Awesome pics! They look great.

Spank love the vid. Can't tell you how much video I have lost to my son trying to be a movie star. Like that you noted the glare on the head.

Good pics Nick. That sticker is odd, nothing underneath?

No just black shaft and i like them. look evil

Spank, have you had a tough adjustment going from a "tour" iron to these at all (visually)?

Spank, have you had a tough adjustment going from a "tour" iron to these at all (visually)?

Absolutely. It'll take some time to adjust visually since with the eye these heads are larger. They're not for players who get turned off by that aspect for sure.

Great pics!!!

The speed slot on the hybrids has really got me sort of confused and intrigued. I know what its for and what its supposed to do, it just doesnt look like it should be there though! lol

Can't wait to read along with this.

Great pics and vids so far guys, like Jman im intrigued by that slot in the hybrids, reminds me of the compression channel in the Nike's but upside down.

Absolutely. It'll take some time to adjust visually since with the eye these heads are larger. They're not for players who get turned off by that aspect for sure.

Do you think it will be something that will be in your mind when over the ball? To be more specific, is it a negative?

Great pics and vids so far guys, like Jman im intrigued by that slot in the hybrids, reminds me of the compression channel in the Nike's but upside down.

It's actually located on the top and the bottom. Obviously the top is more noticeable since it's not common to see a club with it.

Great pics!!!

The speed slot on the hybrids has really got me sort of confused and intrigued. I know what its for and what its supposed to do, it just doesnt look like it should be there though! lol

Can't wait to read along with this.

I agree with the confusing look. I hit them into the net a few times and the ball freaking rockets off the club face.

Love the look of those Hybrids, cant wait to hear/see/read more!

Do you think it will be something that will be in your mind when over the ball? To be more specific, is it a negative?

If I'm more closed minded about it like some folks are out there, yes. I don't think I'll have that issue since I tend to blank out (or try to) at address solely concentrating on ball contact. I just think it's a negative if you choose to make it one. I think what's more goofing with me is standing over the 6 hybrid and seeing the loft on the face since I've never hit a wood/hybrid with that high a loft.

I do like the fact that the look is more of a standard cavity back iron (unlike the TM Superlaunch). It makes it more subtle which, for marketing purposes, could be better.

It's actually located on the top and the bottom. Obviously the top is more noticeable since it's not common to see a club with it.

hmm i didnt see it on the bottom, guess I should look harder lol. Excited to hear how these work for you since your coming from more of a players club

Thanks Spank. I've never seen a 6 hybrid either and I imagine it will take some adjusting too. However, I imagine that once you start hitting high, straight shots, all that goes out the window.

hmm i didnt see it on the bottom, guess I should look harder lol. Excited to hear how these work for you since your coming from more of a players club

Ummmm... watch my unboxing video dude, it's there.

Thanks Spank. I've never seen a 6 hybrid either and I imagine it will take some adjusting too. However, I imagine that once you start hitting high, straight shots, all that goes out the window.

Another concern of mine (I won't go into too much detail since I'll save it with my first thoughts) is that I'm already a high ball hitter and I wonder if these will exacerbate that trait.

Great vid spanks, I am actually liking the look of these far more than I thought I would, looking forward to hearing how they went out on the course!

Clubs look very bulky, hope they swing better than they look!

Received the Adams a12OS iron/hybrid set today and shot some videos, you tube is taking a long time for uploading so here is a report on my on course experience today.

A little about me. I am a senior golfer, 63 years old and have been playing golf for about 13 years. I am mostly self taught, but recently I took a series of 4 lessons and plan to sign up for a series of 4 more soon. I am currently playing to an oobgolf handicap of 6.8, my low score ever is 72 but I still have the potential to shoot very high on a bad day. I play Bridgestone B-330-RX balls and am a relatively short hitter, about 235 with roll with the driver. I am most comfortable playing 6000 to 6200 yards and try to play that distance if it is a choice. I feel that I am right square in the center of the targeted consumer Adams Golf is seeking.

Hybrids - I hit my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] shot with this set with the 5H it was a layup shot on a par five fronted with a pond, the 5h with roll covered about 170 yards which is about 10 yards longer than normal for me. I will post some video of todays testing later. I like the look of all of the hybrids at set up and seemed to hit them all farther than the Bridgestone J36s I have been playing. I too felt a little strange hitting the 6 hybrid, but it was very easy to hit and the one shot that I used it I was able to hit a nice baby draw on a down hill par 4. I am already finding these hybrids easier to hit than the J36s, which is not really surprising at all.

Hybrid/Irons - The word hybrid is stamped on the hosel (see picture) and there appears to be no pocket cavity on these 2 irons, the 7 & 8 irons. Both of these are also easy to hit, and the top lines at address are not distracting in the least. Again, these are longer than the MX-300s and I am not at all surprised at this.
P9121550.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Irons - These clubs set up nicely to the ball and are solid both in looks and feel, I enjoyed hitting them and these seem to be longer than the MX300s also, but not as much longer as the 7 & 8. I am really happy that they are as easy to hit as they are, these shaft lengths seem to be much shorter than my old irons in the scoring irons (9, pw & gw) and took a little getting used to.

Overall - great 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time with the Adams clubs, they are smooth and fun to hit. I will note that I was fitted for my last set and these seem to always miss left, and the impact tends to be more to the toe than to the center, I am very curious as to how they would perform if they were fitted to the player. I know I will enjoy further testing and again Thank you to Adams Golf and to THP, I look forward to reading and comparing the thoughts of all of the testers.
Video to follow

Last edited:
Nice video Spank, and good pics and first thoughts Nick!

I was under the impression that the 7 iron was supposed to be a transitional club from the 6 hybrid to the 8 iron. Is that not the case?

My clubs left Doraville, GA at 1:39PM. Haven't been scanned at their overnight destination yet.

So did anyone get a chance to get out and him them?

Back