Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

I really hope Im not doing the wrong thing here but Id like to throw my .02 in (I dont have my irons yet to do an unboxing before my thoughts). After playing 2 1/2 rounds with these Im probably going to have my lies checked. Just having my last set altered 1* it made the biggest difference.

However, the irons were straight and comparable to my old set distance wise. I want to look for some patterns first though. Off the shelf worked wonderfully and thats partly because of the forgiveness imo.

I actually figured people always got them fitted to them and then made their reviews. It just always made sense to me.

Great videos and pictures so far folks, interested in the velocity slot and how that affects the shot. Has any tester played a set of hybrid irons they can compare these to?

Great videos and pictures so far folks, interested in the velocity slot and how that affects the shot. Has any tester played a set of hybrid irons they can compare these to?
I play the Cleveland HB3's.

Adams posted a new video on their FB page today about the velocity slot technology in their new fairway wood. It explains the new techology.

Thanks KB! That makes this much clearer. I will be interested to see if you see the benefits of the speed slots

I play the Cleveland HB3's.

that's perfect i fell in love with that set at the outing and have been thinking of them ever since. would love to see how this set stacks up as the 7 on down look more traditional.

I'll definitely be comparing. The HB3's are the easiest irons to hit that I have ever played. Shouold be interesting.

One thing I do like is that this set has a Gap wedge. I've been leaving my 50* Goldwin out of my bag all summer, just didn't like it as well as my other clubs.

Wow, I checked i here during my afternoon break, but get home and had like four or five more pages to go through, lol. Nice vids and info everyone. I can't tell you how pumped I am, especially after finding out I'm now off on Thursday when these are due to arrive. Hope they make it early so I can hit the course that day. Looks like I have my hands full with all the great reviews coming in. Well done!

Just got caught up on the thread and it has been great stuff today. These hybrids really have me intrigued, and can't wait to hear more about them.

DD good stuff buddy!

One q, did the speed slot bother you at all at address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got caught up, minus the vids since service blows tonight. These look good, really good. DD a little added distance is always a welcome thing, and I'm interested to see what changes you and spank find after getting these adjusted to your needs.

--
tapatalk

Yeah Danny, I really need it. Thought I would post a pic of the clubs in the bag, lots of headcovers, but then again I am 63.

P9121552.jpg

Beautiful bag, DD!

My testing set is in Earth City, MO tonight.

Beautiful bag, DD!

My testing set is in Earth City, MO tonight.

Mine is still in frigging Florida! Tracking says it's in Jacksonville.....guess they are sending mine via pack mule!

Got myself caught up here, great initial reviews by those that posted. LOoking forward to hearing more about these clubs from everyone involved.

Guys please remember that this is not the thread to discuss shipping issues, or post that you still have not received your gear yet. If you believe there is a shipping issue, contact GolferGal. Please keep shipping discussions out of the review thread. Thanks.

Here are a few on course videos I took yesterday, The first 3 are from the tee box to the green, it is a tough par 4 as it is slightly uphill on the drive and then slightly down hill on the approach.

This is a down hill par3 that plays approximately 2 clubs shorter than the yardage.

All in all, I was impressed with the distance and the higher ball flight, these clubs are solid and Adams seems to have a winner here.

Last edited:
Nice videos DawgDaddy. It looks like once you get those dialed in you will be hitting greens right and left. I can't wait to see what your results turn into with those hybrids.

Nice videos DawgDaddy. It looks like once you get those dialed in you will be hitting greens right and left. I can't wait to see what your results turn into with those hybrids.

Thanks dmb, I am excited about testing this entire set, but I am suspecting early on that the hybrids just may turn out to be my absolute favorites in the set, we'll see.

Great vids Dawg. Im sneeking off for a early lunch to hit a couble buckets on the range today and see how i hit them.

Nice job Dawgdaddy, sounds like those are rockets with both shots longer than expected. By the way, you sound a little like Colonel Sanders, but in a good way, lol. Just curious here, but what do you think of the weight and flex of these? Mine will likely be much different with steel shafts, but still curious compared to what you were playing before.

Nice videos there DD. I'm with you when it comes to hybrids. There are days I leave myself 180 yards and up because I can knock a hybrid closer than my irons lol. I think my next set of clubs is going to be VERY hybrid heavy with nothing larger than a 7 iron just to see how that impacts my scoring. Hopefully you can hit more G.I.R. and score better with the Adams.

Nice job Dawgdaddy, sounds like those are rockets with both shots longer than expected. By the way, you sound a little like Colonel Sanders, but in a good way, lol. Just curious here, but what do you think of the weight and flex of these? Mine will likely be much different with steel shafts, but still curious compared to what you were playing before.

Hey Due,

I play steel shafts in my Razr X's which run around 105 grams and I'm thinking these graphites are much lighter. I adapted very quickly and honestly didn't think of it after the first couple holes. A huge benefit other than being pain free, is even when I got tired as the round wore on, my iron game didn't suffer. I really think the lighter shaft will prove benefitial. I didn't make any adjustments on my swing.

Back