Another new Cally driver? Discuss!

Guys, please keep the banter to the appropriate areas of the forum. Thank you.

Release 1 or 10 a year, I want to hit it. Anything that will help me become a better golfer, I'll game happily.

That must be why he opted out for the US and British Opens. The Wasted Management event is not much of a test with a wide open course and weak field.

Isn't that a tribute to how good those fairway woods really are? Weak field or not, a win is a win esp. 1st week he puts it in the bag. I don't think it's a knock on the driver but more what Lefty needed in a particular tournament.

Your fine brother. It was not aimed at your post. We are a lax community for the most part here.

Should be noted that in some cases, the marketing department might have more influence than the R&D

I have always had a high spin rate. I cannot wait to see how this driver looks and performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This mornings drive with Phil...

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/tech-driven-leftys-game-improving-technology/

Was discussing next years drivers and slipped up and said that we will now be able to raise and lower the CG with it located more towards the face.

This cannot be the XHot2 driver.... soo.... yet another Cally driver being released!?

If you follow Matt Hanline on Twitter. About a month or so ago he said he walked out of the coolest thing he had ever seen at Callaway. To me being able to raise and lower the CG would fall in that category.

I now recall seeing a photo of a prototype Callaway driver with a sliding weight on the bottom perimieter of the driver, a la the Mizuno driver. I know it's just a prototype but I wonder where that falls.

Finally this thread is back on track talking about the upcoming driver instead of the other stuff. Interesting driver if they can indeed move the CG.

My club fitter friend mentioned something about this to me this w/e. Based on what he was telling me, the very well could be my next driver. The options, on the clubhead, to really dial things in, sounds really amazing.

It seems like club manufacturers are getting more and more successful at putting charactertics in a clubhead, that we used to rely on the shaft makers to take care of.

I wonder if this new wave of clubhead technology will have a negtive impact on exotic (non-stock) shaft sales. It would seem that if the clubhead is handling fade/neutral/draw bias, along with weight adjustability to maximize the preferred trajectory and ball spin, more and more golfers will stay with the stock shaft offerings.

My club fitter friend mentioned something about this to me this w/e. Based on what he was telling me, the very well could be my next driver. The options, on the clubhead, to really dial things in, sounds really amazing.

It seems like club manufacturers are getting more and more successful at putting charactertics in a clubhead, that we used to rely on the shaft makers to take care of.

I wonder if this new wave of clubhead technology will have a negtive impact on exotic (non-stock) shaft sales. It would seem that if the clubhead is handling fade/neutral/draw bias, along with weight adjustability to maximize the preferred trajectory and ball spin, more and more golfers will stay with the stock shaft offerings.

I think there is always going to be a markte for exotic shaft offerings as hardcore golfers or people who like to tinker (I'm looking at myself here) will always wonder if they can get something better. A lot of the 'Pro' edition offerings have really nice shaft options already though.

I don't know, it seems that for every driver where the stock shaft is equal to or better than the head, such as with Cleveland's line, the opposite will also be true, such as Cobra's Amp Cell driver.

It seems that the ability to adjust weight in a way that really increases distance and accuracy involves also moving the bias weight closer to the face. By necessity, that's going to decrease MOI and some forgiveness. While the increase in loft might mitigate some of that (such as with the SLDR), there's always going to be a market for high-MOI drivers. And for people who want to use those and get all they can out of them, matching the shaft to the driver to the swing will always have a pretty sizable impact on distance and accuracy.

Harry Arnett was asked a question on Twitter yesterday about when photo's would be available of their "new driver", and he responded 12/2. So sounds like all will be revealed in a couple of weeks.

I cant believe we are at a time where we have so many adjustments right at our fingertips. These are things that used to only be available by working on a club in a tour van and now we can do it within seconds with a small tool. It really makes it inexcusable to not have a driver that is fit to your specs if you go get fit for a club to have the correct shaft put in it as well as having a fitting pro get the correct adjustments on the head as well.

I cant believe we are at a time where we have so many adjustments right at our fingertips. These are things that used to only be available by working on a club in a tour van and now we can do it within seconds with a small tool. It really makes it inexcusable to not have a driver that is fit to your specs if you go get fit for a club to have the correct shaft put in it as well as having a fitting pro get the correct adjustments on the head as well.
Swing changes in amateurs make the perfect driver impossible. BUt I hear you and agree that with todays technology we should have be maximizing our driving.

I can't wait to see this new driver and what it is all about. It's goiong to have to stellar to take the Optifirce out the bag.

Callaway should call the new driver the "The Biggest Greatest Big Bertha". I would buy it just for the name! In all seriousness I hope that I've waited long enough to get a new driver. I've almost pulled the trigger at least 3 times over the last several months. Now it appears I'll be waiting just a tad bit longer.

I saw the new driver today and it just made me and the couple of other guys in the shop just shake our heads. Very cool technology and something that is very unique.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

I saw the new driver today and it just made me and the couple of other guys in the shop just shake our heads. Very cool technology and something that is very unique.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Alpha?

I had a love affair with a big Bertha many many years ago and I would love to have another one.

Heck, I've still got Great Big Bertha II fairway woods. I don't think anything but another Callaway is going to end up at the fairway wood spot in my bag. They're just too good.

Callaway should call the new driver the "The Biggest Greatest Big Bertha". I would buy it just for the name! In all seriousness I hope that I've waited long enough to get a new driver. I've almost pulled the trigger at least 3 times over the last several months. Now it appears I'll be waiting just a tad bit longer.

You should wait until the newest one that Phil is talking about comes out, I be that's going to be amazing!

I had a love affair with a big Bertha many many years ago and I would love to have another one.

You and me both. How cool would that be to see a generational Big Bertha commercial....(fade to black...Van Halen's "Right Now" playing in the background...back to white..."Introducing the latest addition to the Big Bertha name, the ALL NEW.....)

BOOM!!! Make it happen Callaway. As payment for thinking of your commercial, just send me a new Big Bertha driver...done!

VERY excited and interested to find out more about these. Callaway looks like they are setting up for a big 2014!

Back