Anyone else hate the range?

I love the range. However I was kicked off yesterday for a clean pick day. Would have been nice to have some notice.

Tapatalk

I love the range. However I was kicked off yesterday for a clean pick day. Would have been nice to have some notice.

Tapatalk

Clean pick day? WTC is that, never heard of such a thing?

...which is better than not being able to go because a spring snowstorm dumped a foot of snow on you Thursday.

Well after not touching my clubs in 11 days my range session was horrible. I need to give up vacations to keep up my golf game lol. Did 60 balls on wedge testing, still haven't picked a wedge so the poll winner will probably be chosen, and hit a few of my clubs. It was hard to find good grass, they really need to work on that... maybe 5 good driver hits and 10 good wedges out of 120 balls. All my work this winter was destroyed by the vacation.

I love the range! Thats the closest I can get to playing a round of golf these days with a 10 month old at home.

The range is my nemesis. It seems that I'm not able to restrain myself from swinging way too hard. I always have better, more consistent (although still horrible) swings on an actual course than I do at the range.

Despise range. That being said I am fortunate enough to live were I can walk dog on course late evenings and work on a few things every evening. Nothing like practicing on the course.

I owned a house on a course and had a membership to the club so nightly practice was always in cards. Used to see non members wearing out divot trenches on edges of fairways.

I like to frequent the range. This year has been a swing building year for me. So getting reps in the course isn't quite the same.

Range is less important to me than it used to be. I used to be able to hit balls with a purpose on the range, and even occasionally fix a swing fault.
Now, I just loosen up a bit and rarely hit a full bucket. Once I've checked the clubhead position in the backswing and made sure I'm coming through to the outside, any mishits are a mystery to me.

Also, I get tired and sore after just playing a round. Hitting another 50 balls before or after makes for a painful day. Which probably means I'm doing it wrong.

2 year old thread comes back to life, LOL. My problem is the range doesn't translate to my game at all. Primarily with driver. Example, recently i ve started slicing my driver big time. I mean I couldn't aim far enough left to keep from going right. Close club face stronger grip nothing was making a difference. I go to the range and everything is straight or little baby fade. I sliced one ball and it wasn't that bad, probably would have stayed in the fairway. Go out the next day for a round with a couple of sales reps. Tee it up and it goes straight! Straight left. Tee up another straight left again. Same thing on hole 2 and hole 3. LOL I'm hitting 3 off the tee and I've lost 3 balls on 3 holes. I put the driver away and teed off with 4wood. Still out drove 2 guys and was right with the other and his drive. Yesterday back to the range and I calling my shots again. Obvious a mental thing in my case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do I hate the range? Yep. Bores the bejesus outta me!

I enjoy the range.

I don't often have the ability to play two or three times a week like many people around here. So when I don't have time to play, the range is where I can satiate my desire for golf.

It's almost meditative for me. I get out out there and just swing and enjoy it. I'm kind of a middle of the road range person. I don't treat every shot like it's on the course. My expectations would be too high and that'd be too frustrating. I also don't just beat balls. Instead, I'm focusing on a particular feeling and trying to get into a groove.

I also spend time working on how to work the ball. That will forever be a work in-progress though I'm sure.

I get bored on the range, it's not often I hit a full bucket. I will usually buy a large and give about 1/3 of it to a kid when I'm ready to leave. Before a game though I like to hit balls for about 15 minutes before I head out.

I enjoy the range. Not as much as I enjoy playing, but nothing negative about it in my mind.

Den caddy + headphones and I can enjoy hours at the range. Gotta break up the full swing work with chipping and putting of course.

Don't Love the range as much as the course for sure. On a non busy afternoon at the home course, I will opt for a practice nine with a few balls rather than range targets with range balls. Love it for intense swing work just to groove stuff--don't like it for target work though--I try to separate the two mentalities. I always seem to enjoy the short game areas though as I play challenges and more game like conditions.

I was LOVING the range yesterday.... I hit 30 balls to warm up before my round as I always do.... I hit the 100 yard sign 3 times with my PW (on the fly, not a bounce and bump) and hit the 150 yard sign twice with my 7 iron and once with a knock down 6 iron, all on the fly.... I then hit the 200 yard sign once off a couple of bounces with my 4 hybrid and skimmed 3 feet over the top of it with a 5 wood. Contact on every wedge and iron I hit felt crisp and perfect, small straight divots in front of each ball.... one of those warmup sessions that makes you think you are going to go out and shoot a 59....hahahaha..... NOT!!!!!!

By the time I got a mid/short iron in my hand on the course the dart throwing had come to an end... the first 4 holes I played were long par 4s that left me with a 4 hyb or 5 wood approach, a dogleg par 4 that you have to lay up to 180 or so out, and a reachable par 5 that I missed just a hair short and had a bump chip for a 3rd....Apparently playing so many long balls in a row had wiped out the tight compact swing I was making with my irons on the range.... I finally got to pull a 7 iron on the tee of a 145 yard par 3 and I blocked that turd into the pond right.

SO my strategy for my next round is as follows... hit a couple balls on the range with whatever club I plan to tee off with...after I hit my tee shot on 1 and see what I need for my next shot I will go back to the range and hit 3 or so balls with that club....I will repeat this process for the first 3-9 holes or until I have used most every club in the bag, then I will play on through my round....but don't worry about me contributing to slow play, I will gladly let people play through as I am going back and forth from the course to the range.... nothing illegal about this plan is there?....hahahaha

I use the range to warm up before a round. Maybe 1 of 8 rounds I actually warm up. Haven't hit a bucket to practice all year.

I like the range.
I hate the range when other people want to start having a conversation on the range..

I don't necessarily enjoy the range, but are learning to get the benefits out of it.
It seems like everything is straighter and longer on the range than on the course.

I'm not the biggest fan but I don't really mind it. I like to get things dialed in and when I'm struggling it helps me a lot. I actually need to spend more time there working on my putting right now haha

Better than no golf at all

One thing I have learned about the range over the years (and as I've gotten better) is that it needs to have purpose. I used to go out and hit a large bucket, as long as I got good contact and it went somewhere down range I was happy. Then I got to the course and was spraying my shots all over the place.

Now every ball gets a line-up, distant aim-point and I work on shot placement. I make up practice fairways and greens out on the range and do tee to green practice.

Back