Are Nike club really that bad??

The Nike VR forged split cavities were some of the best irons I ever owned.

thanks guys and girls made me feel much better!! im smiling again!! i really do enjoy my clubs and i hit some amazing shots with them considering I've only been playing a few months!! and like i said i tried them all and for "me" these were the best!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

And that's all that really matters! It's nice to have a set of clubs that you enjoy and are comfortable using. Now watch..your game will continue to improve with those Nike clubs.

I have owned a few Nike iron sets in my life and I loved each one. My first set of golf clubs I bought on my own were the Nike NDS irons. I loved them and hit them better than anything else in the store. Following that I played the Nike VR Cavity irons with some graphite shafts and my iron game improved tremendously! Finally, because I loved the VR cavity so much, once my handicap got lower I sold them and got the Nike VR Forged Split Cavity. They were some of the best irons I had ever played. Sometimes I still kinda miss them...If you go through and read through the forums and some reviews you will see that Nike makes some GREAT equipment now. Check out the Nike VR Pro Combo thread and you will see a lot of people raving about them. They were one of my favorite irons I hit last year when I was shopping for new irons, and I was so close to pulling the trigger on them. So many manufacturers have some great stuff out there, just because they aren't one of the biggest advertisers out there doesn't mean they aren't great. I could probably go out on my course with some SCOR wedges and most guys would probably think I got them from Wal Mart or something because they probably have never heard of them. But in reality they are amazing wedges and definitely some of the best out there. Just forget about those guys, once you start kicking their butts all the time and they see some amazing shots that you hit with those irons then they will be keeping their mouths shut and wishing they had some Nike irons.

Your friends are ignorant and don't know much about golf equipment, it seems. Keep enjoying your Nike's, they are solid sticks.

exactly my thoughts...I love my sticks!

thanks guys and girls made me feel much better!! im smiling again!! i really do enjoy my clubs and i hit some amazing shots with them considering I've only been playing a few months!! and like i said i tried them all and for "me" these were the best!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

For some reason (perhaps jealousy from other OEMs), Nike has taken a bad rap on its equipment offerings. In truth, Nike's R&D is top notch now. And in the past when they used other manufacturer's golf balls (Precept) and rebranded them as their own, Nike at least picked some wonderful balls to sell.

I'm the only one on THP that despises Nike.

I'm the only one on THP that despises Nike.

Which still just baffles me! What exactly could one brand do that would make you despise them? Bizarre.

Which still just baffles me! What exactly could one brand do that would make you despise them? Bizarre.

Sometimes the hate of an OEM, or fellow THP members for that matter, is irrational and simply can't be explained by rational means.

I actually think Nike's 2012 line is a vast improvement across the board and better than a lot of other brands this year. That being said, they do need to improve their custom options and to release adjustable clubs, but not make the extra shaft adapters available without ordering a second shaft through them is just plain silly in my opinion.

Nike is similar to me as Cobra in that I haven't cared for any offerings from either in the past five years (prior to this year), so I did establish a bias that has to be re-evaluated.

I have only hit Nike irons and thought they were top notch, and I'd be willing to bet the same goes for all of their other golf equipment. The people telling you that they aren't "proper clubs" obviously have some sort of bias or prejudice against Nike for whatever reason; I wouldn't listen to them.

You game what makes you happy. That' s all that matters!
Unless your friends gave you the money to buy brand X.

Have fun with your new Nike gear.

Your nikes are fine man, nothing wrong with them at all. They have really stepped up their game the last couple years. Just enjoy them and dont let your "friends" mess with your head lol.

In my opinion Nike came out with a lot of garbage and had a lot of growing pains as a golf OEM I never took them serious as a club maker but over the past few years they have come out with some great clubs. Have you'r mates even tried a Nike club I think you made a good choice they will stop saying that stuff when your in the fairway and they are hacking out of the rough then you can say hmm maybe you should get some Nike clubs they seem to like fairway's and greens. Just go beat them man and shut em'up:alien:

use what you hit well. Friend of mine gave me crap for not buying a vokey sand wedge, first time we were out I smoked him from 100 and in. The whole reason there are some many different club manufacturers and types is because different people swing different.

I'd love to have new Nike gear. Nothing wrong with it at all, as long as I could hit with it. I tried the slingshot stuff and liked it just fine, more consistent than what I have now that's for sure.

I have the Nike Pro Combo irons and love them. Nike makes great irons IMO however, I would stay away from the Str-8 fit drivers. I have had several issues with things breaking on them.

Don't let what other people say about brands go to your head. As a golfer, it will hurt you more than help you. Need to go with what you hit best, no matter the brand.

You game what makes you happy. That' s all that matters!
Unless your friends gave you the money to buy brand X.

Have fun with your new Nike gear.

This is great advise, listen to milo.

Stroud, arguably one of the most dominant players in the history of golf plays Nike equipment. The owner of this site plays Nike irons, and I would be very hard pressed to say he is playing bad equipment, and from what I know, he is a pretty damn good player. And that's not counting the millions of others out there that play Nike equipment. Round my parts, we have a saying, "Opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one, and most of them stink". Chances are, they are just jealous of your equipment and feel the need to dog on it because they are jealous. You keep doing your thing, and if it works out for you, to hell with them and their opinions.

Stroud, arguably one of the most dominant players in the history of golf plays Nike equipment. The owner of this site plays Nike irons, and I would be very hard pressed to say he is playing bad equipment, and from what I know, he is a pretty damn good player. And that's not counting the millions of others out there that play Nike equipment. Round my parts, we have a saying, "Opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one, and most of them stink". Chances are, they are just jealous of your equipment and feel the need to dog on it because they are jealous. You keep doing your thing, and if it works out for you, to hell with them and their opinions.

You have some pretty strong words concerning others' opinions about Nike golf equipment, but I suppose it's par for the course considering your animosity towards my opinions.

I wouldn't predicate the validity of Nike golf equipment based on the fact that Tiger Woods, the owner of THP, or anyone else for that matter, uses them. I think Nike makes good golf equipment based on its R&D department, quality assurance levels, and customer service standards (all top notch in my book), among other things.

As for opinions round my parts, we welcome opinions and don't qualify any of them as "stinking". We pride ourselves by being as tolerant of others and their opinions as humanly possible.

You have some pretty strong words concerning others' opinions about Nike golf equipment, but I suppose it's par for the course considering your animosity towards my opinions.

I wouldn't predicate the validity of Nike golf equipment based on the fact that Tiger Woods, the owner of THP, or anyone else for that matter, uses them. I think Nike makes good golf equipment based on its R&D department, quality assurance levels, and customer service standards (all top notch in my book), among other things.

As for opinions round my parts, we welcome opinions and don't qualify any of them as "stinking". We pride ourselves by being as tolerant of others as humanly possible.

Dude, don't even start with your crap this morning. The professional victim card you are continually playing is played out and annoying at this point.

Have a fantastic day!

yea, go with what fits you & your swing. Who cares what others think, equipment is so personal. I'd play with a broomstick & beer can on the end if it gave me the flight & control I wanted out of a shot. of course I'm biased; just got a new nike vrs driver & love it. used adams for years but fell out of love with them recently and the nike is best for me now. thrilled with it. be happy with your choice and make your statements on the golf course!

Lets get back to the point guys... Nike makes great equipment. A large company like nike has tons of money they can dump into R&D and it shows. I don't use any nike clubs but in no means would I be ashamed to. Be proud of your new sticks whoop on those who said they were bad!

Edit:I'm a tard. I wrote I don't use any nike clubs. But i do. And I love it.

Last edited:
Dude, don't even start with your crap this morning. The professional victim card you are continually playing is played out and annoying at this point.

Have a fantastic day!

Do they not ban trolls around these parts?

Back