Are Nike club really that bad??

Dude, don't even start with your crap this morning. The professional victim card you are continually playing is played out and annoying at this point.

Have a fantastic day!

Do they not ban trolls around these parts?
Guys please drop it. Every post on the forum is read by mods.

It's pretty crazy to think of Nike as a top all around brand, especially when you think about how young they are compared to most other major club makers. I think that still is in the back of some peoples mind and it effects their opinion of Nike.

Lets get back to the point guys... Nike makes great equipment. A large company like nike has tons of money they can dump into R&D and it shows. I don't use any nike clubs but in no means would I be ashamed to. Be proud of your new sticks whoop on those who said they were bad!

I think Nike has come a long ways from when they first entered the golf equipment market. Their research facility in Dallas is top notch, as is their resulting products. While I don't own any Nike clubs either, I'd have no problems doing so and will most likely look to Nike when it comes time to update my golf clubs, assuming Nike continues to keep their R&D and quality assurance efforts at the highest levels.

It's pretty crazy to think of Nike as a top all around brand, especially when you think about how young they are compared to most other major club makers. I think that still is in the back of some peoples mind and it effects their opinion of Nike.

It only goes to show how how some people's opinions are not based on fact and rationality, but simple prejudice and irrationality.

Nike does things right and has made great strides since their entrance into the golf equipment market. However, that is probably still not enough to sway the minds and opinions of some.

They may be young but they have more money than any other golf company and that helps catch up a ton lol. I have always been a fan of their woods (minus the sound) and I liked their new wedges last year.

They may be young but they have more money than any other golf company and that helps catch up a ton lol. I have always been a fan of their woods (minus the sound) and I liked their new wedges last year.

No, I think the Taylormade/Adidas Group (TMAG) has more money than Nike.

I'm not sure where the Puma/Cobra Group stands with regards to money.

No, I think the Taylormade/Adidas Group (TMAG) has more money than Nike.

I'm not sure where the Puma/Cobra Group stands with regards to money.

Haha Adidas isn't very close. The only area (non golf) where they actually own more of a market share is soccer and that will probable change in a few years.

Haha Adidas isn't very close. The only area (non golf) where they actually own more of a market share is soccer and that will probable change in a few years.

When I say TMAG "has more money than Nike", I'm talking about overall corporate assets, not golf market penetration. The key word is "money".

Hmm idk about that. Nike is the 136th largest corporation in america which is extremely impressive for a sports company. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2012/snapshots/2184.html

I understand not all of this goes to golf but I'm sure it helps.

Adidas is not an American company. As Adidas acquired Taylormade (and Adams Golf as well), you'd have to look on the foreign corporation ladder list to see where TMAG stands.

Nike was second only to ESPN in sports brands last I knew, though that was a few years ago.

I think it is pretty safe to safe the majority of peoples perception of nike making bad clubs is based on the past. I have not golfed long enough to know what their clubs used to be like, but have heard the were a sub par product to other OEM's.

I would say their (NIKE) products today are of the same quality of other major OEM's.

does it matter what people say or think, other than you? they're your clubs. if you hit them the best, that's all that matters. now, i doubt doing the whole match-everything-nike thing was a fantastic idea, but hey, if you hit those clubs the best, than it was a good idea. don't worry about what they're saying. before i got my 5 wood, i hated nike. but once i hit it, my first thought was "wow, they actually can make good clubs..." and i'm sure it's just gotten better over time (i got my 5 wood 3 years ago).. don't worry about other people..

When I say TMAG "has more money than Nike", I'm talking about overall corporate assets, not golf market penetration. The key word is "money".

Adidas is not an American company. As Adidas acquired Taylormade (and Adams Golf as well), you'd have to look on the foreign corporation ladder list to see where TMAG stands.

Again...overall corporate assets...it's not even close.

I love my Nike stuff, it's made well and coming from Mizuno clubs I'd say that Nike is just as good. Plus the Swoosh represents so much more than great equipment, the others don't have that.

I used to think Nike was not a "serious" golf equipment company, but after trying some of their clubs, along with user reviews I read on here, I had to admit my perception of them was wrong.

I love my Nike stuff, it's made well and coming from Mizuno clubs I'd say that Nike is just as good. Plus the Swoosh represents so much more than great equipment, the others don't have that.
I demoed mizunos and many others and bought the nikes

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Nike has a lot more "money" or assets, or whatever you want to call it. They are just new to the world of golf, relatively speaking. They took some time to find their way, but now they make some of the best stuff on the market.

I stand corrected. Nike has about $15 billion in total assets, whereas Adidas AG has $7.6 billion in total assets as of 2011.

With that said, I'm surprised that it was Adidas, not Nike, who acquired TaylorMade and Adams Golf.

I stand corrected. Nike has about $15 billion in total assets, whereas Adidas AG has $7.6 billion in total assets as of 2011.

With that said, I'm surprised that it was Adidas, not Nike, who acquired TaylorMade and Adams Golf.

Because Nike does all their own stuff. They want their name on the products and their swoosh so that you know its the entire brand.

They really have been making quality products for a while but just really started advertising more again for golf.

I'm going to add my 2 cents, but as I've only ever gamed my lob wedge and 5w (which I love) in Nike, take it with a tub of salt.
From people I know, who use them, and what I've felt while trying out clubs at demo days and in store: The woods are excellent (I've tried all the drivers on the market today on a monitor, and if somebody offered me one free right now with no further testing, I'd take the new Nike one or the i20) , the wedges and putters are also very good (and obviously both of those are very individual choices), and the irons very much depend on your swing. I've never really liked the feel on any of their irons (hit the 4/7/pw in all sets of the past 3 years), but know other people that absolutely love theirs (and money independent, I know just as many people who have done fittings and have been fit into Nike irons as any other brand).

So do I think you wasted your money? Absolutely not. Anybody who tells you that is just trying to twist your nipples for fun, or they don't know what they're talking about. Have fun and score well!

Let me start by saying that this thread is downright weird as of now.
First off, Nike did not play Precept rebranded balls. They commissioned Bridgestone/Precept to make their golf balls to their own specs.
Second, people, ENOUGH with playing the martyr card every two seconds. That needs to end or we will end it quickly.
Thanks.

Because Nike does all their own stuff. They want their name on the products and their swoosh so that you know its the entire brand.

They really have been making quality products for a while but just really started advertising more again for golf.

Even when it was larger in total assets, Nike didn't always make all of their golf equipment. For example, Nike was selling Precept golf balls under their Nike brand when Nike first entered the golf ball market (at a substantial markup over its Precept counterparts LOL).

Even when it was larger in total assets, Nike didn't always make all of their golf equipment. For example, Nike was selling Precept golf balls under their Nike brand when Nike first entered the golf ball market (at a substantial markup over its Precept counterparts LOL).

See above!!!

Just saw this, but here's what I think:

Almost all of my clubs are Nikes, and I love almost every single one of them (except the driver). I have never had a problem with them, and they performed better for me than Taylormades and Titleists. Nike just has a bad rap since, yes, their older clubs weren't great, but they've improved a ton and can definitely compete with the best of them. You should use what works for you, and only you, since you have a different swing and feel than everybody else out there.

Just saw this, but here's what I think:

Almost all of my clubs are Nikes, and I love almost every single one of them (except the driver). I have never had a problem with them, and they performed better for me than Taylormades and Titleists. Nike just has a bad rap since, yes, their older clubs weren't great, but they've improved a ton and can definitely compete with the best of them. You should use what works for you, and only you, since you have a different swing and feel than everybody else out there.

Personally, I thought Nike's earlier equipment offerings (e.g. fairway woods) were pretty good, especially in the hands of lower handicap players.

Back