Atlanta, GA - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Sligo

Monroe CC would be a solid option, but it would make for a long day for anyone traveling North afterwards.

I'm realizing that TC may be the best idea logistically for the Sunday round. There are several excellent courses to the east and west of TC, but there is a split between the people traveling northeast (I-85) and northwest (I-75) to get home. I don't want to make one group have to add another hour to their drive to play Sunday.

Still working on it. But, I will probably check with TC to see if they will give us a price break on Sunday's round.

I'llpost a list of the Sunday golfers later today. But, we're only at about 10 right now.

I flat out missed the post to pm you about a Sunday round the first time by, so here's s reminder to anyone else who wants to get in on a round Sunday.

Question for the locals. It's Friday at 2:30 and you are going south on I75 to Atlanta. Do you take 75 to 285 to 19 or do you get off 75 at Roswell Rd/Marietta Hwy/Alpharetta Hwy? I am thinking the sooner I can get off I75 the better but I don't know anything about Roswell Rd...guessing its a 4 lane hey filled with traffic lights? Google says it only adds 10 minutes but I am certain the does t account for traffic on 75.

I can work on a course for Sunday. Unless something unexpected happens, I'll be playing.

Are the out of towners staying near TC? I'll look for something on the north side. I can try TC, but it gets pricey on the weekend. Not sure if we can get a price break for Sunday.

How about this: if you're interested in playing Sunday morning, send me a PM. I'll start working on a list.

Heres a bump from last night in case anyone missed it. I'll keep reposting when it gets swallowed up by banter again.

I think we have about 40 playing on Saturday. It would be awesome to get 20+ to show up for Sunday, although I know travel is a factor.

Question for the locals. It's Friday at 2:30 and you are going south on I75 to Atlanta. Do you take 75 to 285 to 19 or do you get off 75 at Roswell Rd/Marietta Hwy/Alpharetta Hwy? I am thinking the sooner I can get off I75 the better but I don't know anything about Roswell Rd...guessing its a 4 lane hey filled with traffic lights? Google says it only adds 10 minutes but I am certain the does t account for traffic on 75.

Coming south on 75 won't be too bad. At the 285 intersection it will get congested, but 285 east should be relatively okay, because you will be going against the commute.

BUT, taking that route forces you to take GA400, which will be a nightmare on Friday afternoon.

Roswell road is no picnic either, but it is likely the better route to take. If you're coming from north or Atlanta already, just stay north of Atlanta. No need to come further into town and ride the commute back north.

It may depend on your exact destination, but when I ran a google map from home (Cleveland, TN - right on I-75) to the golf course, the quickest route was actually not the interstate.

Coming south on 75 won't be too bad. At the 285 intersection it will get congested, but 285 east should be relatively okay, because you will be going against the commute.

BUT, taking that route forces you to take GA400, which will be a nightmare on Friday afternoon.

Roswell road is no picnic either, but it is likely the better route to take. If you're coming from north or Atlanta already, just stay north of Atlanta. No need to come further into town and ride the commute back north.

Thanks. I am also pondering bringing 411 all the way from TN to GA 372. I am doing all I can to avoid the mess so I can get in on the Friday round.

You would not want to go all the way to 285 and then have to travel back North on any of the routes towards the course, especially not GA400 nor Roswell Rd. You would be better off taking GA20 at exit 290 and going East towards Canton. Plug the address of the course or hotel into MapQuest and it will give you the route. At that time of day GA20 should not be too bad.

The Friday afternoon commute out of Atlanta is not pretty, and I don't wish it on anyone. If you can avoid driving from Atlanta to the course (or that area) on Friday after about 3:00, I highly recommend it.

You would not want to go all the way to 285 and then have to travel back North on any of the routes towards the course, especially not GA400 nor Roswell Rd. You would be better off taking GA20 at exit 290 and going East towards Canton. Plug the address of the course or hotel into MapQuest and it will give you the route. At that time of day GA20 should not be too bad.

The GA20 route looks good. Might have a winner here. Thank you!

Living off the Highway 20 exit and making the drive to Alpharetta frequently, I would highly suggest taking Hwy 20, instead of 75 South to 285. It really is an easy drive to the Trophy Club and will typically take you 45 Min- 1 hour depending on traffic. Another possible route would be taking 75 South to Highway 92 in Acworth, GA and working your way to Alpharetta that way.

Throw my name in on the Sunday round group as tentative. I'm not in the Invt'l but may make the trek over Saturday to watch some golf, have dinner and tee it up Sunday.

Throw my name in on the Sunday round group as tentative. I'm not in the Invt'l but may make the trek over Saturday to watch some golf, have dinner and tee it up Sunday.

Kittles that would be incredible man!!!!!!!! We need some face time!

My advice would be this since I lived in Roswell for 18 years of my life. Get off 75 and onto 285, take 285 to 400.Take 400 til you get to exit 7A (Roswell Exit). Roswell Road is a crap shoot. But then again, 400 North is a crap shoot on Friday Afternoon. Neither is good.

Glad that you are going to make it over see us on Saturday. I owe you a really big handshake. That wedge is incredible. T0AD has bought 2 J40's since swinging in the one you sent me.

It will be good to see you there buddy.

My advice would be this since I lived in Roswell for 18 years of my life. Get off 75 and onto 285, take 285 to 400.Take 400 til you get to exit 7A (Roswell Exit). Roswell Road is a crap shoot. But then again, 400 North is a crap shoot on Friday Afternoon. Neither is good.

Respectfully, I would avoid this route. 400N on a Friday afternoon (basically anytime after about 3:00) is death.

Glad that you are going to make it over see us on Saturday. I owe you a really big handshake. That wedge is incredible. T0AD has bought 2 J40's since swinging in the one you sent me.
True story. I hit his ONCE and like magic, War put two on the marketplace right after. I had to, and love them.

Just curious. Who has put their name on the waiting list and still pending?

The Friday afternoon commute out of Atlanta is not pretty, and I don't wish it on anyone. If you can avoid driving from Atlanta to the course (or that area) on Friday after about 3:00, I highly recommend it.
Thanks for he heads up

Just curious. Who has put their name on the waiting list and still pending?

I had to decline yesterday. My job sucks. Hoping for next year and signing up on time.

I'm 95% sure I'll be in for the Friday round as well. I'll volunteer to plan that. As far as course for Friday, are most of you wanting to play Trophy Club for a preview or are you open to another course?

PM me if you are in for Friday with an estimated time of arrival to Atlanta & you preference of either Trophy Club or elsewhere.

Bumping. If your interested in golf on Friday let me know via PM.

Here's where we are for the Sunday round attendees:

Likely:

Canadan
TopDogg
T2GRN18
LeeB18
Youngbuck
Dhill
JLit26
cpljohnst
Greg Kulbick
ATL

Possible:

Wadesworld
JSkittle
JT

I think that covers everyone who either sent me an email or posted in the thread. If your name isn't here, and you want to play Sunday, send me a PM.

We are likely going to play TC. It just makes the most sense logistically for those who are traveling afterwards. Plus, I think most everyone is staying near TC Saturday night.

My man FK is going to try to get us a price break on the Sunday round. Since Freddie can sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves, I suspect he'll be able to work some magic. Just as an FYI, the rack rate at TC on a weekend morning is $69, although there are some discounts to be had. I'll let everyone know the price when we have it.

I'm going to try to get earlier tee times (i.e., 8:00 or earlier) for Sunday, as most have expressed that they wanted to get off of the course and on the road sooner than later. Keep that in mind while we are at Taco Mac Saturday night congratulating me and my partner on the ATL Invitational victory. (see what I did there?)

Also, Fun Fact: Taco Mac isn't a Mexican restaurant. Good wings and sandwiches, though.

Here's where we are for the Sunday round attendees:

Likely:

Canadan
TopDogg
T2GRN18
LeeB18
Youngbuck
Dhill
JLit26
cpljohnst
Greg Kulbick
ATL

Possible:

Wadesworld
JSkittle
JT

If I make it in, I demand to at least be in a Sunday group with CanadaATLDan. I've been to three different THP events with him now, and have yet to play with him. I think he just pretends to like me.

(Ok, I don't really demand. Ask nicely?)

Back