Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with my buddy this morning and we both hit great shots into the par 3 5th, 235. He hit a high cut 3W 15' directly below the back right pin. I hit a mid flight fade with my 3H to 10'...birdie v birdie! We did this all day!

Punched out of the deep woods with a bump 4w and missed every tree/branch/leaf in the way
It was a gorgeous low draw that made its way back to the middle of the fw

Two shots today - a 2 hybrid from 200 yards out, uphill. Hit a high cut over a tree that was in the middle of the fairway and it landed on the green with about 20 feet for birdie, which I two putted for par. My second was a little 9i bump chip from just off of the green, about 45 feet to the hole, severely uphill sloping green. I read the break correctly and it just tracked all the way into the cup for a chip-in par that could have ended up as a blowup hole.

190 yard par 3 4 iron to eight feet but left a big bending put that if I missed was gonna go 10 feet pass the hole and I sank the putt

another hole I pulled my drive left and under some trees and had 202 to middle and hit my 3 hybrid to just in front of the green and it rolled to maybe 6 feet but missed the putt

gap wedge after long drive to 3 feet and also blew the putt

5i on 169 yards Par 3 against the wind. A foot and a half from the hole. Zipped towards the hole. Thought I was gonna have my 1st hole in one. ;)

Best shot was on Monday 270 yard driver into a fairly stiff breeze blowing across from left to right,narrow landing area, maybe 25 yards wide at most for all but a small landing area at 250 or so, lake on the left starting about 100 yards up to about 50 yards short of the green, out of bounds to the right. Tee ball landed in the middle of the fairway, mushy lie with no roll to speak of. Good angle for second shot on tough 420 yard par 4. Helped us finish the scramble at 12 under for the day, good for second place.

Hole #3 - it's a 160 yard downhill par 3. I hit an 8 iron and left it short and left of the green - it's a really tough green. Grabbed my 60 degree and hit a perfect little flop that took one hop and rolled right in the hole. Chipped in for a birdie!

Dead into the teeth of a 15-20 MPH wind, GPS'ed my drive at 252. Could not have hit it any better.

I had 2. 60 yard GW to 4 feet on a par 5 and made the birdie putt (hole 4) and an uphill 37 yard GW to a couple feet on a par 4 and made the birdie putt (hole 18). They said I almost holed out for an eagle.

90 yard SW to 1 foot for a birdie on the par 5 12th and a 290 yard drive on 17.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

My best shot today was either of the first two on The Monster. I hit my drive a good 330 and my second about 260 with my 4 wood. Left me an easy pitch on and a two-putt par. Sweet.

I had three yesterday, yet sadly not really. First was hole two, 60 yard 60* wedge low punch that came in perfect to curl around the slope, but the ball stuck early and rather than release to the hole it spun side ways and left me an 8 foot curler. Then a 3w 236 yards slightly up hill with the wind behind me straight at the flag. The ball came in high and landed just short but stopped 4" short of the green and 5' short of the front flag. Last was a tough par 3 into a 20 mph wind from 165. 5 hybrid punch shot landed and again stuck without releasing. We thought it was a give me from the box and found it was almost 12 feet short, lol.

a nice wedge about 60meters, landed soft on green, saved par.

20 foot birdie putt on the final hole to bring home a few bucks. It's a tough hole (400 yards) with OB left, water cutting in after 220 yards (so an iron or hybrid from the tee is preferrable) and then the water follows the right side for the last 180 yards. Course is very wet and the cold wind was into our faces, so it played longggggg. Hit hybrid and then a 5-iron to bring the win.

Besides a few bombs for drives, had a couple of par 3's that I was really happy with:

Hole 5: 168 yard par 3 playing 20-25 MPH downwind and hit an 8 iron to 5 feet. Make birdie.
Hole 12: 145 yard par 3 playing 20-25 MPH downwind and hit GW to 3 feet. Make birdie.

Out of the 5 par 3's, I was closest to flag on 3 of them to win the proxies and some $$$ for my team.

Hmmm. I hit a few good shots but one hole definitely stands out. Hole #17 - 357 yard par 4. I hit crushed a drive..right into a tree. It caromed into the adjacent fairway. I was left with about 200 yards..downhill..through some trees.

I pulled out a 5-iron and noticed three rather attractive women on the green next to me so I felt compelled to really hit a great shot. I absolutely flushed this one..right on the line that I wanted..and left it about 15 yards left of the green. It was the absolute best that I could've done from where I was. I ended up hitting another great chip and left myself a 5 foot par putt. Drained it. It was a great par from, well, the wrong fairway. And I surely impressed those women.

Couple of deep drives in the rain and cold, won't quote yardages because I don't feel like dealing with the blowback.

Every "perfect" iron I hit sailed the green, I need to get my yardages down or there would've be very close (been hitting irons much longer since working on a swing change). Namely a few LW's from ~ 100 yards that sailed the pin and the green.

Par 5, 3 wood off the tee into the trees, punch iron to to 85 yards out, and best shot of the day was the wedge to a foot for birdie.

I made an EAGLE today :banana:

525 yard par 5 playing a little down wind....hit a good drive to the right side of the fairway that I measured at 278 yards....had right at 250 to the center but the pin was playing in the front and was showing 231 on my GPS....hit a perfect 3W that had a little fade on it, landed just short and ran right up on the green...I thought it was going in for an Albatross for a minute...the ball couldn't have missed the pin by more than 6 inches.......and stopped less than 2 feet past the cup....tap in Eagle!!!

Of course I doubled the next hole to balance things out...LOL

Awesome man! Great eagle.

Awesome man! Great eagle.

Been awhile since I made one.....had a few eagle putts and of course eagle chips.....but never seem to make them....so I just left this one in "gimmee range" LOL

First hole after a 305 yd drive I had 110 in slightly down hill. Sent a full 56* wedge right at the flag. Took one bounce and spun right back to the cup for an opening eagle. First one of year

Tapa Slice

Nice eagles TBT and Phil.

My best shot was a 33 foot putt for birdie. Ended up being my only birdie of the day despite quite a few good looks.

Played Lee's Hill and hit driver/5i to 8' on the 522yd par 5 10th that typically eats my lunch. Rock hard fairways led to some lengthy tee shots.

I made an EAGLE today :banana:

525 yard par 5 playing a little down wind....hit a good drive to the right side of the fairway that I measured at 278 yards....had right at 250 to the center but the pin was playing in the front and was showing 231 on my GPS....hit a perfect 3W that had a little fade on it, landed just short and ran right up on the green...I thought it was going in for an Albatross for a minute...the ball couldn't have missed the pin by more than 6 inches.......and stopped less than 2 feet past the cup....tap in Eagle!!!

Of course I doubled the next hole to balance things out...LOL

Atta boy, congrats! Gotta love getting 2 back on one hole.

First hole after a 305 yd drive I had 110 in slightly down hill. Sent a full 56* wedge right at the flag. Took one bounce and spun right back to the cup for an opening eagle. First one of year

Tapa Slice

Nice Eagle....yours was a little more dramatic than mine...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back