Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
110 out, 3/4 9 iron off hard pan on side hill lie.

Beautiful high draw, stuck 3 feet from cup. Made putt to save PAR. Tee shot in the woods created this scenario.

Dramatic par beats a dull bogey I suppose.

On 15, one of the tougher holes on my course hit three wood off the tee, then pushed a three hybrid right of the green, got up to my ball and a tree was directly between me and the pin. I took out my 62* wedge and went up and over the tree, about 25 yards to makable putt distance, drained the putt for par.

You're welcome, haha.

How far was your drive? even with a dogleg, the drive had to be well over 300 yards. That would be a shot of the day by itself.

The hole is 360 yards GPS straight from tee to green. The drive was 260 with a 100 yard shot around the trees left. I used a 7i. Had that been clear that would be am easy PW. Please continue to dispute the shot.

The hole is 360 yards GPS straight from tee to green. The drive was 260 with a 100 yard shot around the trees left. I used a 7i. Had that been clear that would be am easy PW. Please continue to dispute the shot.

Okay, so you hit it 100 yards with 40 yards of hook? Got it. Lol.

Yep. Had it been 150 yards I would have needed a 4-iron. I lose huge distance when hooking.

not disputing the shot because frankly it doesn't matter to me. But don't you normally gain distance when hooking?

No Eagles today....LOL.....But I did hit a 120 yard knockdown 8 iron that hit the front of the green took one bounce and checked then rolled to about 2 feet for an easy birdie.

1a - I hit a beautiful 6 iron from 173 for a tap in birdie (near ace)

1b - I sank a 50+ foot big bending putt for another birdie on the next par 3.

My one birdie of the day came on a par 4 383 yard hole 16. my drive rolled back down a hill leaving me a blind approach from about 160ish. Walked up to the top of the hill, and picked a tree I thought I could see the top of from down where my ball was, went down, lined up, and hit a 7 iron to about 5 feet. Stuck the putt for a birdie.

My best shot of the day was a 70 yard shot with my 60* wedge to about 10 feet, but I think I need to expand on this. I was playing in a greensome competition yesterday. At the par 3 12th my partner topped his tee shot down across the forward tees and I then pulled my 8i into the trees never to be seen again.

This meant I was playing my partners ball and it left me a shot of about 70 yards to the pin. What made this shot the best of the day was the lie. The ball had found what could only be described as a hole in an area that was really soft but not wet enough for casual water. This meant I had to try and dig it out of the hole and carry the burn that runs about 5 yards short of the green, with the pin about 10 yards on the green. Using my 60* wedge I took a full swing and hit right behind the ball with no follow through. The ball came out perfectly, really high, took once bounce and stopped about 10 feet from the pin!! It was one of those shots I am not sure I could pull off again but was very satisfying at the time.

not disputing the shot because frankly it doesn't matter to me. But don't you normally gain distance when hooking?

I can gain distance with a slight draw, yes. But if it's possible with a huge hook I don't know how to do it.

My nice I6 save after a poor drive on the 7th. 170meters of pure passion =D

Tee shot on a 185 yard par 3 with about a 2-club wind into my face, decided to hit my 21 degree hybrid and try to keep it a little lower than normal. The shot came off perfectly, left me 15 feet under the hole, but missed the birdie putt. Still, it was a really cool shot.

#2 540 yard par 5
my 2nd shot ran down the sloped fariwar and left about 85 yards downhill to a pin in the back of the green

hit a smooth 54*, came out flying, hit the flagstick in the air and bounced about 7 feet left of pin. Had it not hit the pin, I would have been 10 yards long pitching back shortsided

proceeded to miss birdie putt, tap in par

I'm off most of the day today, so heading out soon to play and wanted to Pre-Post my best shot. It will be a 223 yard 3w coming in from right to left on #15, the hardest hole on the course. It goes in the cup for an eagle.

I might ought to video this hole now that I called it, lol.

9th hole short par 4 meauring 300 yards. We had a nice wind behind us. Hit the driver straight down the middle bounced and rolled to 5 feet short of the green on the right hand side. Pin back left on the top level so I used a 7i to bump n run it up to 4 feet. Sank the putt for birdie :D

9th hole short par 4 meauring 300 yards. We had a nice wind behind us. Hit the driver straight down the middle bounced and rolled to 5 feet short of the green on the right hand side. Pin back left on the top level so I used a 7i to bump n run it up to 4 feet. Sank the putt for birdie :D

Well done! We are going to need that solid short game come July buddy!

That is getting 3 the easy way, nice hole dude.

Villa Kelly/Cook the short game clinic. Lessons given in exchange for alcohol.

Well done! We are going to need that solid short game come July buddy!

Hit a nice little 30 yard pitch over a bunker to 2 inches.

Tee shot on par 3 12th @ Laurentide GC. 165 yds with 7 iron, just hopped on to 6-7 ft to pin and holed birdie putt.

168 yard 4 hybrid into the wind on a par 5 to 7 feet past the hole to get on a Par 5 in three and no doubt about the birdie putt. In the whole way.

The ball landed 30 feet short of the hole and had to have peeked in the hole based on the the ball mark and where the ball ended up. It was right in line with the hole.

260 yards Par 4. Drove just a few yards from the green. Chip wasn't too good. Left about 8-10 ft breaking right to left. Got the putt to go in for birdie. :)

Playing a par 3, 185 yards, elevated green surrounded by 4 bunkers. Put opening drive into back right bunker. Not only did i short side myself by the green was sloping away and at an angle. Opening the face of the 56* and aiming about 6 feet right of the flag i flew it to my target. the ball, rolling downhill picked up a little speed and took the break i had forseen. Hitting the flag center post ball dropped in for a 2. Very excited.

Short par 4, 325 yards. OB left and trees right. Drove it right down the middle leaving myself about 85 yards. Hit a 3/4 sand wedge to about 3 feet. Birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back