Bill Haas... Lock for President's cup captain's pick?

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
you guys think Bill Haas will join the boys on the President's Cup as a captain's pick?

He's got to be. He is so consistent.

I think he's the favorite and I think fred will pick him. But I don't consider it a lock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If Stricker is out that frees up another spot..right?

Oh I thought this was a thread on TW new Caddy My attempt @ humor........ It was sickening listening to that crap everywhere while Bill Was making an incredible shot out of the bunker water. I hope he makes it in

After yesterday's performance I think he is.

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
Decent showing in Fedex Cup
And left out.

Now if Stricker pulls out, he would most likely get his spot, but it makes you wonder what kind of year a guy has to have.

I think he is the logical pick since his dad is the assistant captain and Fred and he have a good relationship....oh yeah Bill Haas is also one hot golfer at this time.

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
And left out.

Now if Stricker pulls out, he would most likely get his spot, but it makes you wonder what kind of year a guy has to have.

Apparently Reputation get's you in this year.....:D

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
And left out.

I hate that Keegan is going to miss out, he has put together a heck of a Rookie year and deserves to make it.

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
And left out.

Looks like you have to have the kind of year where you fall to 50th in the World Rankings.

He was already one of the favorites for the capts. pick after pulling off the win yesterday I'd have to think that bumped him up to the #1 spot. I do agree with JB though it's tough for Keegan after having such a great rookie year.

I hope Bill Haas gets in, he is playing great right now and I think the US could use him.

Looks like you have to have the kind of year where you fall to 50th in the World Rankings.

Yea, Keegan should get a spot over Tiger no doubt. Heck, have them play for it if you'd like. I would bet a lot of money on Bradley. I think it is ridiculous that Tiger had the year he had and still got in.

No matter who gets asked or qualifies for the Presdent's Cup team, there will always be a guy who may have been wrongly left off. It is the nature of the beast. I am just hoping that US actually does well.

No matter who gets asked or qualifies for the Presdent's Cup team, there will always be a guy who may have been wrongly left off. It is the nature of the beast. I am just hoping that US actually does well.

Ironically though, based on the last 12 months of play, there really wouldnt be. If Keegan and Haas were selected, there would be no question that they were the guys that earned it on the course.

TW brought the interesting side to it, because its hard to leave the guy off the team.

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
And left out.

I believe fans and media give Bradley more credit for the year he had than players do. For example, a number of golf media members have had Bradley as a lock for Player of the Year since the PGA. The few players I heard address the subject last week (Kuchar, Ogilvy were the ones I remember by name) said it should be Donald and it's not even close.

I know this thread is a discussion of who should be on the Prez Cup team, but I think this applies to that discussion, to some extent.

Ironically though, based on the last 12 months of play, there really wouldnt be. If Keegan and Haas were selected, there would be no question that they were the guys that earned it on the course.

TW brought the interesting side to it, because its hard to leave the guy off the team.

Yeah that is where I am sticking on the subject. I know TW has played like garbage for two years now. But he did respectable at the Ryder. He has shown that he can play well at the Presidents Cup. He has had flashes of greatness. But it would be hard to leave off that young talent.

I believe fans and media give Bradley more credit for the year he had than players do. For example, a number of golf media members have had Bradley as a lock for Player of the Year since the PGA. The few players I heard address the subject last week (Kuchar, Ogilvy were the ones I remember by name) said it should be Donald and it's not even close.

I know this thread is a discussion of who should be on the Prez Cup team, but I think this applies to that discussion, to some extent.

I think both have a case for POY. However I would give the edge to Bradley in this case. He has more wins and won a major. Less top 10s for sure though.
But him even being in the discussion shows how much of a joke it is that he will most likely be left off the Prez Cup team.

TW chosen for historical performance on the course, that's obvious. He'll get more casual viewers to tune in. I wonder if that plays into the selection.

(imo) Haas is the flavor of the month, he's the choice now, plus his father is a vice captain. If Stricker can't make it, I hope it's Bradley. Also hurts the TW pairing since he and Woods have good history together.

When are final selections announced?

I think Haas will get picked, but don't agree with it. Would be a shame if Bradley didn't get in after the year he's had.

I thought for sure Bradley would be in. Definitely deserves it more than Tiger, and that is coming from a Tiger fan...Having Tiger on the team right now is obviously a selection to just please the media and fans, not a strategy to win the tournament

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
And left out.

I would have picked Keegan I thought he was an easy choice but now.. Well you know . Hey maybe TW will drop out & let someone that deserves to be there play. Thats a good concept golfers who deserve it

Keegan deserves the pick, he is a multiple winner on tour this year, with one major victory. Because this is his rookie season he was not able to accumulate points last season (he almost qualified for the team with half the events everyone else had). After a horrible final round last week and a win this week, I wouldn't quite say Bill is Mr. consistent like a Matt Kuchar. I guess majors aren't as important as who you know...

TW chosen for historical performance on the course, that's obvious. He'll get more casual viewers to tune in. I wonder if that plays into the selection.

(imo) Haas is the flavor of the month, he's the choice now, plus his father is a vice captain. If Stricker can't make it, I hope it's Bradley. Also hurts the TW pairing since he and Woods have good history together.

When are final selections announced?

TW drawing viewership has got to be a big part of the decision to select him, performance on the course is part of it I am sure, but I feel that drawing viewers is what drove that pick.

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
And left out.

This is my sentiments exactly! It has to be between Bradley and Haas, but how do you leave out either. I mean one is a freaking Major winner and in the talks for player of the year and the other just won the FedEx cup and is a super solid player. It is a win-win IMO, but I will feel bad for either guy. It will be interesting if Stricker has to pull out. You almost have to feel like it would make it all easier for Freddie.

Back