Bill Haas... Lock for President's cup captain's pick?

Interesting debate. Intelligent arguments can be made on all sides.

I guess in the end it comes down to whether you think the team should be made up of mostly automatic picks based on points and numbers, or whether you think the captain should be trusted to pick players by whatever criteria he deems appropriate.

I actually prefer the US Ryder Cup selection process better, because it has 4 captain's picks instead of 2. Hell, I might even give the captain more latitude and let him pick 6 of the 12.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TW chosen for historical performance on the course, that's obvious. He'll get more casual viewers to tune in. I wonder if that plays into the selection.

I don't think Tom Watson is going to be chosen for the team, biggsy. There's a guy named Eldrick who it is rumored to have locked up a spot because he is in the world top 50 though. hehehe

Well I think Billy Haas is a lock, but shouldn't be. I think it should be a good competition between Keegan and him, but I doubt it will be.

sometimes, it's who you know. ;)

doesn't hurt that Bill Haas has game too. :)

Haas winning the Fedex but failing to qualify for the Presidents Cup shows the failings of the format in the Fedex Cup in my opinon.

Bradley may deserve the shout ahead of Haas but Haas has confidence and momentum. Jay Haas being assistant Capt may also sway Couples a tad.

Last edited:
No love for Snedeker? I certainly understand picking Bradley or Haas, but consider that Bradley is -1 in the playoffs, Haas is -18, and Snedeker is -29. I realize that's just a small sample, but that is the last 4 tourneys. Pretty impressive in my opinion.

No love for Snedeker? I certainly understand picking Bradley or Haas, but consider that Bradley is -1 in the playoffs, Haas is -18, and Snedeker is -29. I realize that's just a small sample, but that is the last 4 tourneys. Pretty impressive in my opinion.

All of that is great and Sneds had a great year. Even had a win. But a single win vs one guy that won the FedEx Cup and the other guy with 2 wins with 1 being a major are different things in my opinion. Nothing to sell his year short, because it was excellent, but I dont think he is there with those guys for this decision.

As much as I hate to say it, I kinda hope Stricker pulls out.

Agreed - only then will all those deserving have a spot.... unfortunately.

I really hope Stricker is well enough to play. He's had a good year and would be disappointing not to see him in the line up.

I would hope that Keegan gets the pick. Multiple wins and a major means more to me than the Fedex Cup. Fedex Cup is great and all, but doesn't hold up to a major in my view. I think if you were to ask any of the players they would take that 1 major over the Fedex Cup everytime.

I would hope that Keegan gets the pick. Multiple wins and a major means more to me than the Fedex Cup. Fedex Cup is great and all, but doesn't hold up to a major in my view. I think if you were to ask any of the players they would take that 1 major over the Fedex Cup everytime.

I tend to agree I'd rather win a major, but all players don't. I can't remember who it was, but I saw one player interviewed last week who said he put winning the FedEx Cup behind the Masters, US Open and Open Championship, but ahead of the PGA Championship.

I tend to agree I'd rather win a major, but all players don't. I can't remember who it was, but I saw one player interviewed last week who said he put winning the FedEx Cup behind the Masters, US Open and Open Championship, but ahead of the PGA Championship.

Do you remember if it was a player who had even WON a major?

I don't think it was a player who had won a major. It wasn't Phil, Vijay, Toms, Yang or Ogilvy. It sure wasn't Bradley, since he just won the PGA.

I remember hearing interviews from Revie, Simpson and Kuchar. Maybe it was one of them.

Does anyone remember who was left out with Pavin's pick of Fowler? Was it as controversial as leaving Bradley or Haas off this years President's Cup team?

I'd take Snedeker before either. Actually, if I was captain, I'd take a flyer and go with Woodland just because I'm crazy like that.

Does anyone remember who was left out with Pavin's pick of Fowler? Was it as controversial as leaving Bradley or Haas off this years President's Cup team?

I'd take Snedeker before either. Actually, if I was captain, I'd take a flyer and go with Woodland just because I'm crazy like that.

There were choices, but nothing like this. Major winner and multiple winner in Bradley is a pretty big deal and probably would have gotten in over Fowler.

Ahhh, the politics of sport. Bottom line is Bradley has earnt a spot. The numbers simply fall in his favor I believe, but unfortunately politics will play it's part and Haas will probably get the nod.

I can't find a WITB but I am probably retarded so I will ask it here. Anyone know for sure how long Haas' putter is?

Ahhh, the politics of sport. Bottom line is Bradley has earnt a spot. The numbers simply fall in his favor I believe, but unfortunately politics will play it's part and Haas will probably get the nod.

Technically the numbers fall in the favor of Snedeker then Haas.

Poor Keegan.
Wins a major
Wins another tourney.
Decent showing in Fedex Cup
And left out.

Now if Stricker pulls out, he would most likely get his spot, but it makes you wonder what kind of year a guy has to have.

no doubt, for Tiger to be in it!?! I dont like that decision

I think Bill Haas would be a great pick. The dude is hot and has that chill factor under pressure so yea he would make a great team mate.

Would be nice to see TW nut up and withdraw. He knows he doesn't deserve the spot this time around, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

I can't find a WITB but I am probably retarded so I will ask it here. Anyone know for sure how long Haas' putter is?

Too long

Technically the numbers fall in the favor of Snedeker then Haas.

That depends on what weight you put on a major championship win.

That depends on what weight you put on a major championship win.

Not really, the numbers are the numbers and Bradley is behind both of them in terms of points.

Back