Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Nice War. So, is the test ball your ball of choice now? I am having a hard time saying it's not for me.

After the testing, I am definitely going to be making a purchase, no doubt about that. I have enjoyed playing with this ball, like I said, it just works for MY game.

Will it replace my current ball for good? It's quite possible.

Nice write up w.e, we still need to know what you think of the ball even when the conditions are not the best. Wish we could get some of that rain here.

Nice write up w.e, we still need to know what you think of the ball even when the conditions are not the best. Wish we could get some of that rain here.

True. Even with the rain soaked course, this ball still did great around the greens. Had a lot of shots from off the green that I needed the ball to roll out on, and it did what I needed it to do for the most part.

..It seems like it has been raining for a month straight. Most of the courses are so waterlogged it's ridiculous.

Played a round today with the new ball however the round was consistently interrupted by rain showers so it was hard to get a good read on its performance since the conditions were always in flux but here's what I was able to see:

Driver- my driver swing was the only swing I couldn't get in gear today however I was consistently hitting the driver with a slight block. The ball felt slightly hot off the face with a little spring to it but not overly hard. Ball flight was always straight whether it was a block or not which was interesting to see. Minimal side spin qualities? I didn't notice a ton of roll out with these when they found the fairway but the ball flight was mid-high to high every time. I wish my driver behaved for the few times I used it today because I think this ball would have really had a chance to show what its made of

Hybrids- every shot felt flush with this ball with these clubs. Sometimes there was a nice crack and other times there was just 'nothing' which was awesome to feel. Ball flight was also mid-high to high and straight as an arrow. Here I noticed some nice roll out on the fairway yet when moved up in the stance these launched high and landed soft with minimal roll out. Chipping with the hybrid was always consistent and never felt like I had to swing harder or softer to get the ball to where I wanted it to go

Irons- This is where the ball really showed its stuff. My iron swing was the best it's been in 2 months and this ball rewarded me. I was really compressing the ball well today and the ball flew high and far (but not ballooned) and stopped on a dime when it hit the green. With scoring irons this ball backed up a little bit for me and I'm not a big or consistent spinner of the ball so this was surprising to see. The ball felt perfect off the irons and there was almost no roll out on the greens for me however the greens were rather soft so that played a bit into their performance as well.

Wedges (conforming grooves)- The ball performed excellent with these today. Ball flight was high and the landing was either straight down soft or had a little bite to it. Again, not a big spinner so it was interesting to see the ball dance a little bit or hold a green with a hot trajectory. No clickiness whatsoever with this ball off the wedges and the feeling was super consistent

Putter- most subjective club in the bag but the ball felt felt nice off the putter. Even on off center hits where the club may have twisted a bit the roll was true and felt good. I didn't notice much skidding off the club face and the ball seemed to want to get rolling in a hurry. To me this may indicate that the cover may be soft enough to absorb the grooves of the insert on my putter and not come off too hot with a click to it

Nice write up Hanks, you are seeing about the same thing I've been seeing. I'm really digging this ball!

definitely continues to grow on me Tim

Ditto. I have enjoyed playing with this ball, and look forward to playing it in the future as well.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts Hanks, I too am enjoying the mystery ball but I am not thinking it will replace my Bridgestone RX just as yet. I have about 5 sleeves of them and also 5 sleeves of Pentas that I won via the give away and at a tournament. It will be a while before I am buying again, but these balls will be considered if they are not appreciably more expensive. Anxiously awaiting to hear what they actually are.

Lost my last blind ball today. It was an 8iron that I over cooked and it landed in a creek, never to be seen again. When I put a Q-star into play immediate after, I definately noticed a difference in the ball. The Q-star didn't spin anywhere near as much. The distance was comparable. But the iron and wedge spin was nowhere close. I am very interested in this ball. The confidence I had in it, makes me want to permanently game it. I just need to know details.

My days with the mystery ball are officially over. I lost the last one today in the middle of a wide open chunk of 4 inch rough. Same spot I almost lost it the other day, but no luck finding it. Boo.

My thoughts today are very similar to what I've been seeing this entire time. I put my SuperTri head back on my shaft, so balls off the driver were very high. Distance was normal. I love the feel of this ball off of the SuperTri head. Just a springy, solid feel and sound that is very satisfying. Fairway woods and hybrids were also going high today and mystery ball gave me a 4 foot birdie shot from an approach with my 20° hybrid. The ball hit the front of the green and rolled about 15 feet right up next to the pin.

We've gotten a bit of rain, so the greens were actually pretty soft today, so scoring irons were hopping and stopping for the most part. The fairways, however, are like cement and I found myself trying to bounce the ball up on the green when the pin was in a front position a few times. The only problem is that my 1/2 wedge shots are so spinny with the mystery ball that I kept hitting the fairways and not bouncing much.

I've enjoyed my time testing these balls and will still be around to answer questions and follow everybody's progress with them. Thanks to THP and mystery company for giving me this opportunity.

i cant wait to hear what ball this is, it sounds like a really good one from these reviews

My days with the mystery ball are officially over. I lost the last one today in the middle of a wide open chunk of 4 inch rough. Same spot I almost lost it the other day, but no luck finding it. Boo.

My thoughts today are very similar to what I've been seeing this entire time. I put my SuperTri head back on my shaft, so balls off the driver were very high. Distance was normal. I love the feel of this ball off of the SuperTri head. Just a springy, solid feel and sound that is very satisfying. Fairway woods and hybrids were also going high today and mystery ball gave me a 4 foot birdie shot from an approach with my 20° hybrid. The ball hit the front of the green and rolled about 15 feet right up next to the pin.

We've gotten a bit of rain, so the greens were actually pretty soft today, so scoring irons were hopping and stopping for the most part. The fairways, however, are like cement and I found myself trying to bounce the ball up on the green when the pin was in a front position a few times. The only problem is that my 1/2 wedge shots are so spinny with the mystery ball that I kept hitting the fairways and not bouncing much.

I've enjoyed my time testing these balls and will still be around to answer questions and follow everybody's progress with them. Thanks to THP and mystery company for giving me this opportunity.

I still have a couple left, and feel lucky to still have those. I have never spent so much time searching for balls as I have the past few weeks. Was amazed that I was able to get through my entire round today without losing one...

Didn't want to lose any today on a tough course. I let a guy I'd met hit one on a long 4. He promptly knocked the juice out of it to the tune of 296 yards and then told me he hated the way it felt and he'd never play it because of that.

He must be a weirdo! :mad-tongue:

Didn't want to lose any today on a tough course. I let a guy I'd met hit one on a long 4. He promptly knocked the juice out of it to the tune of 296 yards and then told me he hated the way it felt and he'd never play it because of that.

He must be a weirdo! :mad-tongue:

Yeah, I hate it when I drill one down the pipe 300 yards. Crap ball.

Down to 1 ball left after today's round. Played only with Ball X for the most part. Not much new in my findings from my previous posts. Still very straight off the driver and seems to go as far as any other ball I have used this year. Distance seems to be at my norm to a half club more with the irons. No trouble leaving the ball short with the putter playing just Ball X the whole round. I was curious to see how much of a factor the ball has been vs. concentrating on hitting the ball in an effort not to lose any so I hit a beat up Callaway ball I found during my round on the 18 tee and hit it right down the middle of the fairway and to about my normal distance. Not very scientific but I do think that my play has improved at the same time I got the opportunity to test these balls. With only a 6 month or so season here in Minnesota my handicap tends to start around 14 at the beginning of the season and get painfully close to single digits by the end. Very frustrating because I know I could be a single digit handicapper if I could play all year round.

I plan to do another head to head with Ball X against a few others including the Pro V1 and V1X my next time out with the wedges as the short game seems to be where I am giving up too many strokes at the moment. Most glaringly from 50-75 yards. I am very impressed with Ball X to date and will certainly pick some up after we find out what ball this is. Time is still needed to be certain if this will be my go to ball.

Glad to hear you didn't have any problem with the putting today Howzat. I hate living somewhere where I can't play year round as well. I have improved a little this year, and started off about where I left off last year. Hopefully it stays with me again next year. The nice thing is that there is an indoor driving range about an hour away so I can hit that up a few times over the winter. I may try doing some golf simulators this winter as well, I have never tried them before but I guess it is better than nothing.

Blugold and Hawk, sorry to hear that you guysblost your last test ball :sad: like War Eagle said, I have never spent more time looking for a golf ball in my life, there were several that I almost lost, but magically found at the last minute!

I have 2 left so I should get at least one more round in with them, maybe two if I'm lucky.

Great write ups everybody.....I dint think any of us have really had anything negative to say about this ball!

Blugold and Hawk, sorry to hear that you guysblost your last test ball :sad: like War Eagle said, I have never spent more time looking for a golf ball in my life, there were several that I almost lost, but magically found at the last minute!

I have 2 left so I should get at least one more round in with them, maybe two if I'm lucky.

Great write ups everybody.....I dint think any of us have really had anything negative to say about this ball!

Yeah it made me sad. I did come to realize that I was counting on the added performance from the blind ball more than I expected. I was very used to have that spin. I noticed it right away when I switched balls. Not even so much on the full iron shots, but the chips, pitches, and flop shots. I loved the way that the blind ball reacted from those strokes. I missed it with the Q-Star, which is still a fantastic ball.

I am very interested on the reveal of this ball. I have an end of year outing coming up in a few weeks. I am hoping that we find out soon, so I can go buy a dozen.

Glad to hear you didn't have any problem with the putting today Howzat. I hate living somewhere where I can't play year round as well. I have improved a little this year, and started off about where I left off last year. Hopefully it stays with me again next year. The nice thing is that there is an indoor driving range about an hour away so I can hit that up a few times over the winter. I may try doing some golf simulators this winter as well, I have never tried them before but I guess it is better than nothing.

I putted much better as well with the blind ball. I was missing the center of my putter before, it wasn't the ball's fault.

This is definitely a great ball. And has opened a lot of eyes to just how playing the right ball for your game is crucial. I like Ball X for my game better than the TM TP Black. So, I can't wait to purchase some of these. I still have 2 balls left. And have played them about 4-5 rounds each. Hopefully I get a few more rounds out of them before they are gone. I'm almost tempted to lose one more and keep the other as part of my THP gear. Add it to my collection. Keep it forever to share more stories about THP.

Great writeups guys.

I have 3 left and hope to get out today or tomorrow.

Played it again today and everything I have said before still holds true, great ball off of the putter and on chips, little roll out on full shots into the green, nice feel and sound off of the irons and woods/hybrids, and maybe a half club longer off of the irons than my B-330 RX. I still have quite a few new balls and will not be making a purchase of balls anytime soon, if these are cheaper or on sale when I purchase I will certainly consider buying them.

Finally got my test ball v E6 round done. Had to go to the smaller course near me to get this done. They are fine with me playing 2 balls and I am pretty sure my normal course would frown upon me playing 2 balls the entire round. Will post up the round recap later tonight.

Looking forward to it griff.

Back