Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

I'm pretty sure its an EX ball, but started out thinking it was a Nike. The dimple pattern looks B330 to me. I can't wait to hear for sure.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Wondering if this ball has anything to do with all of the cleveland announcements today?

...just tap it in...

Wondering if this ball has anything to do with all of the cleveland announcements today?

...just tap it in...

New Srixon? Q-Star maybe?

And the moment you all have been waiting for. When we started this, it was our goal to see how marketing played a role in the golf ball one plays and how distance and spin could be perceived differently by different people. We contacted Bridgestone to see about a chance to do a completely blind ball testing with a certain ball. They loved the idea and got some blank balls sent to us. I have to say in all of our forum testing we have done, this has been the most enjoyable. If you go back and read this entire thread, it is filled with fantastic information.

The golf ball you have been using is the Bridgestone B330-RX from their 2011 line.

And the moment you all have been waiting for. When we started this, it was our goal to see how marketing played a role in the golf ball one plays and how distance and spin could be perceived differently by different people. We contacted Bridgestone to see about a chance to do a completely blind ball testing with a certain ball. They loved the idea and got some blank balls sent to us. I have to say in all of our forum testing we have done, this has been the most enjoyable. If you go back and read this entire thread, it is filled with fantastic information.

The golf ball you have been using is the Bridgestone B330-RX from their 2011 line.

That is awesome! What a great ball.

lol. So, its not a new one just the B330-RX that has been out this year? I love it.

Awesome to find out what my new ball is!! Now to go and get some!!! Yes i am yelling with excitement!!!

WOW, I've loved reading this whole thread. B-330-RX wow, I love those balls.

Well that makes sense. I love that ball. Great driver distance for me and exceptional spin. Love the feel off the driver. Just an incredible all around ball for a guy with my swing speed.

Now THAT is good stuff. This has been a GREAT thread to follow along with as even though I haven't been posting I've been guessing in my head. Love the RX to death, such a great ball.

Very good/clever test!

Wow! This is awesome. It's amazing what brand loyalty and marketing does. I stated earlier that I have never really played any if the Bridgestone balls, no specific reason at all. This has really opened my eyes. Guess I will be picking these up this afternoon!

...just tap it in...

Awesome TEST!!!! I was really thinking it was going to be the Q-Star since it just came out. I've heard a tonne about the RX but i guess i'm actually going to have to try them myself! Great Job THP, i look forward to more of these blind tests in the future.

What a great objective way to review a product!

Looking back at my LM numbers and they really say it all. I got a few more yards out of a distance ball, but the greenside spin is so much beter.

Cool. I wonder if I would have been able to tell since the B330-RX is my normal ball and has been for 6+ months now? Would a regular used be able to tell the blind ball was the same he was comparing it against?

I feel like an absolute genius and that rarely happens. THis ball is awesome. I've been using it for almost 2 years. Love it off the tee, out of the fairway and I love how predictable it is around the greens.

Thanks Bstone!

Awesome! I have never gamed the RX I will have to try it

I love that they blind ball tested one that is already out on the market. Great job Bridgestone, thanks for participating in this testing. I love the blind ball tests. You guys did a great job, there are lots of good information in this thread.

Cool. I wonder if I would have been able to tell since the B330-RX is my normal ball and has been for 6+ months now? Would a regular used be able to tell the blind ball was the same he was comparing it against?

I think if you read through this thread, you will see an answer to that question.

why did many think this was going to be a $25 ball?

I think everyone was hoping that it was going to be a $25 ball

Goes to show, we know the RX is a fantastic ball that more should try.

TC said that he saw the same things out of the blind ball as he did the B330-RX. He posted that up a number of times.

I think everyone was hoping that it was going to be a $25 ball

I think a lot of people were hoping that it was a mid-priced ball, basically because it was preforming so well, people wanted it to be at a more cost efficient price.

Back