Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

This was such an awesome thread to follow. What a great reveal!!!

Well that's interesting. I played the RX a bit but decided I liked the S better... Maybe I'll go back and try the RX again after all these great reviews.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I think everyone was hoping that it was going to be a $25 ball

you're probably right about that. I wish the 330-RX was 25 bucks too!
It just seemed at times that everyone was saying great things about it, and then said it's a mid range ball. That was just something that stuck with me throughout the thread.

I love blind ball testing!

Bridgestone makes some quality balls. It was cool to see this was the B330-RX.

And the moment you all have been waiting for. When we started this, it was our goal to see how marketing played a role in the golf ball one plays and how distance and spin could be perceived differently by different people. We contacted Bridgestone to see about a chance to do a completely blind ball testing with a certain ball. They loved the idea and got some blank balls sent to us. I have to say in all of our forum testing we have done, this has been the most enjoyable. If you go back and read this entire thread, it is filled with fantastic information.

The golf ball you have been using is the Bridgestone B330-RX from their 2011 line.

Awesome. This ball did change my view on what a premium ball could do for me. THe cover durability was the best part for me. After I scuffed up to brand new balls last night, in one 9 hole round, I may give have to pick up a dozen and give these guys a try. I am still not thrillied that they are premium balls, I hate paying that price, knowing that I am going to lose them.

And the moment you all have been waiting for. When we started this, it was our goal to see how marketing played a role in the golf ball one plays and how distance and spin could be perceived differently by different people. We contacted Bridgestone to see about a chance to do a completely blind ball testing with a certain ball. They loved the idea and got some blank balls sent to us. I have to say in all of our forum testing we have done, this has been the most enjoyable. If you go back and read this entire thread, it is filled with fantastic information.

The golf ball you have been using is the Bridgestone B330-RX from their 2011 line.

Thats awesome, I think the testers did an awesome job and they just proved the fact that Bridgestone makes an incredible golf ball. I love the B330 line

I feel like an absolute genius and that rarely happens. THis ball is awesome. I've been using it for almost 2 years. Love it off the tee, out of the fairway and I love how predictable it is around the greens.

Thanks Bstone!

Me too, lol. I started out thinking the Nike, but called the RX way back. Played the RX long enough to know it was very close and just did not have the same spin as the RXS. Great ball, thanks Bridgestone, I won't have to change a thing.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Really enjoyed being a part of this thread, and feel that this kind of testing was perfect for someone like me.

A little over 2 months ago, I decided to move to a premium ball, as I had hit some in the past and liked them, but felt that at the time, I would stick with a more economically priced ball.

So when I decided to make the jump to a premium ball, I read the magazines, read reviews, and most of all, looked at the marketing. I decided to go with the Penta, based on all of the above. What did I not do? I didnt go test out balls for my game, I didnt look at my results and what worked best for ME. I really enjoyed playing the Penta, and it was working good for my game. Fast forward to this testing, and I start playing a ball that I am hitting much better, working it around the green much better than I ever had any ball before. Only issue I had was with putting, but after a round or so, adjusted quite nicely to the blind ball (now known as B330-RX). I have carded some of the best rounds I have ever had with the blind ball, a 79, a 78, and multiple 80's and 81's.

It's amazing what marketing and the like can do. I have not played a Bridgestone ball in the past, except for about half a round with a sleeve of the e6. I have no reason to say why I didnt play the Bridgestone balls in the past, except for the possibility of Marketing kept steering me towards other brands. I will admit, I am a TaylorMade junkie, love their equipment, as well as their balls. But, I will be buying a couple of boxes of the B330-RX today, as I am completely sold on the improvement I saw this ball give my game.

Thanks Bridgestone and THP for the eye-opening experience!

Thanks Bridgestone for the blind testing! For being blind you sure opened a bunch of eyes to your product! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test your product and give my feedback. It has helped me realize just how playing the right ball for your game is crucial.

why did many think this was going to be a $25 ball?

I think everyone was hoping that it was going to be a $25 ball

I was hoping that it would be $25 ball. Just because it is easier for me to switch to a $25 ball than it is to a $44 ball.

I'm glad to hear that it's the RX since I'm already gaming those! Too bad they cost so much, but I'll still game them when I can afford to!
And the best part is that they come in yellow!

B330-RX! Very cool. I found one of these the other day and enjoyed playing it very much. Thank you for all of the info testers, and thank you Bridgestone and THP for this cool opportunity. I am definitely going to try a sleeve of these.

I find people EVERYday at my local country club that play balls based on the name brand that have no correlation to their game or skill set. Common quotes are "The ProV is the best ball in golf." I try to explain to them that yes a ProV might be the best ball if you swing 120 miles and hour and can back up a wedge 15 feet. I have tried about every ball out there and have been to two live fittings. I know the difference a ball can make in one's scoring and I don't think a single piece of equipment gives you a better scoring chance than a ball fit for your game. It's the only piece of equipment you use every single shot and my lowest rounds I have ever shot belong to the Bridgestone RX and the new Nike 20XI-X which I was fit for. I do not think that is coincidence one bit.

Oh, man. Now I'm really bummed that I did not get picked to try this ball. I have been suspecting that the 330 RX or RXS would be great for me but have had a supply of excellent balls already. I will DEFINITELY buy these balls with my next purchase.

get some used ones, dude

curious to see how many people will actually switch or not

I was hoping that it would be $25 ball. Just because it is easier for me to switch to a $25 ball than it is to a $44 ball.

WOW! I didn't expect that! I have said all along that this felt like a premium ball, but I was one of those hoping it was a new mid priced entry into the market. I have played the RX a few times in the past and didn't have much success with it, the only thing I can think of is that was when I was really struggling with my game and therefore I never gave it a fair chance.

I also said that I felt I compressed this ball much better than the ProV1, which makes sense because that is what it's designed for, to be compressed by amateur swing speeds!

I can say that this has opened my eyes AND helped me find my new ball!!

Thanks to THP and :bridgestone: for allowing me to participate in this testing!

get some used ones, dude

curious to see how many people will actually switch or not

I will be making a purchase today.

WOW! I didn't expect that! I have said all along that this felt like a premium ball, but I was one of those hoping it was a new mid priced entry into the market. I have played the RX a few times in the past and didn't have much success with it, the only thing I can think of is that was when I was really struggling with my game and therefore I never gave it a fair chance.

I also said that I felt I compressed this ball much better than the ProV1, which makes sense because that is what it's designed for, to be compressed by amateur swing speeds!

I can say that this has opened my eyes AND helped me find my new ball!!

Thanks to THP and :bridgestone: for allowing me to participate in this testing!

I had the same feelings, compressed this ball much better than what I have with other balls in the past.

I think a lot of people were hoping that it was a mid-priced ball, basically because it was preforming so well, people wanted it to be at a more cost efficient price.

Yes exactly... But it was a wonderfully executed test nonetheless and I'll definitely give these balls a try if I come across used ones.

Awesome! Big thanks to Bridgestone, because this test has been a lot of fun to follow. It's really enlightening to see how a test like this can give some pure results, without the possibility of brand bias, and even change some opinions on a certain brand or ball. Great job testers. :D

I am a big fan of this ball from the testing. I want to thank Bridgestone and THP for the opportunity. Just the testing itself has helped me learn to concentrate more on each shot and improve my course management in a effort to keep the ball in play which in turn has lowered my scores. I will do a little more testing on my own against a few balls I have not tried yet including the Q-star and some Vision offerings but based on the balls I have hit if I was playing for money tomorrow this is the ball I would choose.

So it looks like I flip flopped my way to the right ball:blob::blob:

That's fantastic! I think the expectations of blind testing are by far the coolest. So cool to see and read about everyone's different thoughts and processes. Very cool of Bridgestone to play along in this way too. Very cool stuff and great job in this thread everyone!

It's certainly a great ball, and had a blast gaming it. I will definately checkout some of the other B330 series balls and see if I can find exactly what I'm looking for, the shortgame characteristics alone are worth the cost.

Wow!

The only problem I see with this test is that it's going to cause a run on 330 RX balls and they might be sold out before I can get another dozen!

What I like is that there is a ball out there like this for a guy like me. I like a little spin around the greens, but I also like a ball that feels good off the driver and that I can hit as far as possible with my swing. It's a great match for me.

Back