Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Chunky, the sounds when you hit this club well is amazing. It's like a reward for striking the ball well.

i gotta agree with WE on this one. I really like the sound of this club.

it sounds even better in person. Im playing in the morning and im gonna try and get some more videos either on course or on the range. This thing needs to be heard

Very true! Feels pretty good when you crush one too.

3rd or 4th to last sounded like you killed it. You also took a nice long extra look at it. Love the sound of this beast!! Great video 3B

I just realized you were talking about how long I spent looking at the ball downrange not how I tend to pause over the ball sometimes longer than I should. lol You're absolutely right about it though. I do tend to watch good shots until they come to a complete stop, and on shot's that are going way off line I'm likely to just hurry up and grab another ball. lol

I just realized you were talking about how long I spent looking at the ball downrange not how I tend to pause over the ball sometimes longer than I should. lol You're absolutely right about it though. I do tend to watch good shots until they come to a complete stop, and on shot's that are going way off line I'm likely to just hurry up and grab another ball. lol

Yes. You looked at it. Went to look down and get a ball and then you took one last look at it.:D

Yes. You looked at it. Went to look down and get a ball and then you took one last look at it.:D

Actually that one where I had to look again was the luckiest shot. lol It started way left and low but came back around and ended up very close to the last flag in the distance. The magic of slo-mo reveals the truth.

The last shot was the best. Here's the slo-mo clip from that one. High and almost straight, just a touch of fade.

Last edited:
Chunky, the sounds when you hit this club well is amazing. It's like a reward for striking the ball well.

Totally agree. Will hopefully be hearing that sound a lot tomorrow morning during my round!

I spent a little time at a friend's place today talking up the Heavy Wood and the ridiculously nice sound it makes when hit right. My buddy is just jonesing to get his hands on it. More range time for me tomorrow!

Hopefully we'll have a new THP member too!

Hey everybody I just got back from playing 9 and played really well again until the last 2 holes, I started out with a birdie and was -1 through 6 holes then bogeyed 7 to be even then trippled 8 and doubled 9 lol, damn you trees!!! I have some videos uploading right now so I will do my review once they upload, I will leave you with this, I hit my 3rd draw with this and it was a beauty, got it on video, well the swing not the ball flight, but the result is on video as well.

Hey everybody I just got back from playing 9 and played really well again until the last 2 holes, I started out with a birdie and was -1 through 6 holes then bogeyed 7 to be even then trippled 8 and doubled 9 lol, damn you trees!!! I have some videos uploading right now so I will do my review once they upload, I will leave you with this, I hit my 3rd draw with this and it was a beauty, got it on video, well the swing not the ball flight, but the result is on video as well.

Sounds good 10yd. BTW Man you get up early! lol

Hey ladies and gentleman im back with another update and some videos for your viewing pleasure. I got to the course around 8:30 this morning and headed straight to the range to get warmed up before my round, I knew it was going to be a great day the way I was hitting the ball on the range. I was -1 through 6 holes then bogeyed 7 to bring me to even par with holes 8 and 9 left, I finished with a tripple and a double for a +5 40 lol.

Today I hit the Heavy 5 Wood in spots I would normally hit my 3 wood or hybrid, I wanted to get some more swings in with it. I still have not seen anymore of those fat shots like I did the second time out with it. I am hitting it crisp and right on the button, no toe or heel shots, the Heavy 5 Wood has made me very consistent with it. Now on to the good stuff.

Hole 3- 371 Yard Par 4 slight dog leg left, you want to put your tee shot down the right hand side to have a nice entry into the green, the left and right side is tree lined so this tee shot is crucial. I pulled the Heavy 5 Wood out of the bag and was feeling great after how well I was hitting it on the range, I have a boat load of confidence with this club, I hit my tee shot high and straight down the right center of the fairway and got a good bit of roll out from it as well, I was surprised it rolled so much, this left me with 140 yards into the green, I hit a 9iron that left me around 30 feet and I 2 putted for a par.

Hole 5- 295 Yard Par 4 dogleg left. This is one of my favorite holes, you get rewarded for a good tee shot and severely punished for a bad one, it is tree lined HEAVILY on the left and right side and also through the fairway straight if you are long and dont draw it around the dogleg or cut the corner. I spent years pulling driver on this hole and going for the green trying to cut the corner, I only made it twice out of all the attempts, now I use course managment lol. I pulled the Heavy 5 Wood and was aiming down the center just trying to hit a high straight ball that landed just past the dogleg, I ended up hitting this one great, mid/high ball flight with about a 10YardDraw (see what I did there hehe), I was sitting pretty in the fairway, this left me with only 60 yards to the green and I hit a knock down 50* xFT to 15 foot, I lipped out the birdie putt and made par. Here is the tee shot and result, the video is at a awkward angle since I had to setup my phone on the cart to get it.

And now the result of this tee shot.

Hole 7- Slight dog leg right Par 4 at 320 yards with more trees on the left and right side of the fairway. I hit a great tee shot with the Heavy Wood, a high little fade that was a little shorter than the rest but I was in the fairway so I will take it, this left me 120 yards to the green and I smoked a wedge about 15 yards over the green and that landed under a tree, I punched out onto the fringe and had a 40 foot putt left, I 2 putted for a bogey.

Hole 8- 200 Yard Par 3 with trees left and right and a bunker on the front right side of the green, this was the only bad shot of the day with the Heavy Wood, it wasnt really bad I just pulled it left. I was trying to hit a low fade so I moved the ball back in my stance and it killed me, I really need to play it forward with the Heavy Wood. I got the low part of the shot correct but fade not so much, this tee shot just went straight as an arrow but left. I got this tee shot and result on video as well, I kept the video rolling until I got to where I thought my ball was but to my surpise it wasnt there, it was about 10 yards farther than I expected, thats why I stoped the video and made a results video. Here ya go.[video=youtube;SS--69sKqAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS--69sKqAY[/video]
Result of the tee shot

I ended up taking a tripple on this par 3, hit the tree on my second shot and my third shot was still short of the green, chunked a wedge on my fourth, hit a great wedge on my 5th that lipped out and left me a tap in 6! Ouch:banghead:

Overall it was another successful day with the Heavy Wood. I am going to keep hitting it every chance I get because I know 90% of the time its going to be a good shot, its that easy to hit. Until next time, Thanks again THP and Boccieri Golf:clapp:

Yes that is my wonderful THP Pukka Mesh Hat, Buy One, or 3, they are awesome

Great videos! I am getting ready to go out and hit my 5 wood some more and really looking forward to it.

Great videos! I am getting ready to go out and hit my 5 wood some more and really looking forward to it.

Thanks RW, I swayed pretty bad on that Par 3 tee shot, that hole ate me up today

A question for the testers, Would the technology, benefits and results seen in this fairway wood make you think about going to the Driver, irons, wedges, putters?

A question for the testers, Would the technology, benefits and results seen in this fairway wood make you think about going to the Driver, irons, wedges, putters?

Yes and no, I am hitting my current driver, irons, wedges, and putter so good at the moment i would be stupid to change, when it comes time for new clubs I will be giving the Boccieri Golf clubs a test before I buy, the irons have my attention and i cant wait to try them when i need new ones.

Going to catch up on the thread, been out of town this weekend, played in a scramble and let my brother hit the 3w, he really laid into it and was impressed all around with the look, feel of the club.

I'm hoping to get out tues for a nice range sesssion with it.

Going to catch up on the thread, been out of town this weekend, played in a scramble and let my brother hit the 3w, he really laid into it and was impressed all around with the look, feel of the club.

I'm hoping to get out tues for a nice range sesssion with it.

did you hit it good during the scramble?

Ok, first round played with my Boccieri Heavy 3 Wood today. Great round, personal best of 76!

I had some excellent shots with the 3W today, usually would have chosen a long iron over a fairway wood, but after being on the range with the Heavy Wood, I had confidence in it.

Hole #5, Par 5; 470 yard, dogleg left. Water is in play on the left, bunkers straight away, left before the dogleg and right. Hit my tee shot a bit high, carried the bunkers before the dogleg, but left it in the rough. Had about 250ish to the green. Hit the Heavy Wood out of the the thick rough, I was standing on a downslope and the ball flew right on me. Carried it about 220, leaving it off right of the green. Ended up making a bogey here, but the 3W worked VERY WELL out of the thick rough. Was suprised at how well I was able to pick the ball out of the junk with the 3W.

Hole #9, Par 5 550 yards, straight away, but with a creek cutting across the fairway about 30 yards from the pin. After my tee shot, I was left with about 230ish to the creek. Hit the Heavy Wood, with a nice easy swing, and drilled it, dead straight, and took every bit of fairway I could get before the creek came across the fairway. No fade, no draw, just a straight, beautiful ball flight. Ive posted before that at the range, it has been soaked and I was getting no rollout, but by the way the ball flight was, I expected some. On this shot, I probably had about 20-25 yards of roll. I love the ball flight I am getting from this 3 wood, not too high, but not a line drive either. Chipped over the creek, 2 putted for par.

Hole #10, Par 5 470 yards, dogleg left, water to the right, trees right and straight. Typically, I hit my driver too far and go into the trees straight away on this hole. But after #9, I decided to tee of with the Heavy Wood. First time teeing off with this today, and it impressed. I carried a bit of the water and landed the 3W on the fairway, leaving myself right around 230 in to the pin. I laid up, not wanting to go in the water, and bogeyed the hole.

Hole #16, Par 5 490 yard, slight dogleg right, water straight ahead if you are too long, sand left, trees right. Usually I hit driver, and try to get a nice easy swing and land it in the fairway but always end up too long and in the woods again. Tee'd off again with the 3W, and Crushed it! Nice, beautiful looking fade, following right on the slight dogleg, with some serious roll out form the ball trajectory. I absolutly smashed it, I had to GPS this shot. My driver with the 3W measured out 266 yards, better than about half of my drives today, LOL. I was sitting around 225 yards to the pin. Went with the 5i. Dead straight at the flag, carried water and the bunker. From where I was couldnt tell if it was short on on the green, but I had a great feeling...
photo.JPG

Ball was pin high, about 10 yards right of the pin. SANK THE EAGLE PUTT! First ever Eagle! Probably the best Par 5 I have ever played!

Other notes; The two guys I was playing with loved the feel in hand of this club. I tried explaining the tech of the Heavy Wood to them, the best I could, but the best way to explain it was to let them hit it. The raved about it. After a few of my shots, all they could talk about was how great it sounded when hit well. I play with these 2 guys every Sunday, and they are well aware of my struggles with my current 3W. After I crushed my tee shot on #16, my buddy simply said, "Looks live you've found you're new 3W." After the time on the range, and the shots I had today, I think I have to agree with him.

I am nothing but inconsistent with my TM Superfast 3W. Hitting the Boccieri Heavy 3 Wood today, I was confident, as I knew that an easy swing would do me just fine, but at the same time, I knew that I could really get on my swing, and still hit a safe shot.

Going to hit the range tomorrow to see how consistent my play is, League on Wednesday night for another round!

Great update and vids 10yd! Still lovin the sound this clubs makes when you nail it.

The result on the last vid looked far to familiar to me, I'm good for one of those on at least every nine. I've become an expert I think at getting myself into really bad spots if I miss one. It's almost like the course designers put stuff there to make it harder. lol

Congrats on the first eagle and best round, both in one day must feel great. Im glad this club is working so well for the other testers like it is for me

It has me pondering the irons.

Great update and vids 10yd! Still lovin the sound this clubs makes when you nail it.

The result on the last vid looked far to familiar to me, I'm good for one of those on at least every nine. I've become an expert I think at getting myself into really bad spots if I miss one. It's almost like the course designers put stuff there to make it harder. lol

Thanks BBB, Im also still loving the sound, its HAWT lol. This is the par 3 that kills me, i have been playing it well lately but man that hole just hates me.

Thanks BBB, Im also still loving the sound, its HAWT lol. This is the par 3 that kills me, i have been playing it well lately but man that hole just hates me.

The guys I was playing with today...that's all they could talk about. How much they loved the sounds of this club.

Back