• Par

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Bogey

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aim left. The slope will help you.
More left than that? Like left left? <---- edge of the fairway?

(Yes, I know the caddie is going to help, this is simply for conversation)

This is what I'm picturing in my mind.

View attachment 9254405

Based upon MyStrategy however, I'm living with like 50% of my recent tee shots in the very bad section, so while I agree with @ddec I fear that's where I'll be.
I want to say that white cabin on the left in the background was my target.

More left than that? Like left left? <---- edge of the fairway?

(Yes, I know the caddie is going to help, this is simply for conversation)
Just depends on how much your ball curves. They’ll give you a target area. @ddec is correct that it’s a White House they tell you to aim for.

This is what I'm picturing in my mind.

View attachment 9254405

Based upon MyStrategy however, I'm living with like 50% of my recent tee shots in the very bad section, so while I agree with @ddec I fear that's where I'll be.
Yes anything with a start line right if that bunker is most likely going to be on a severe side slope or in the hazard. Yes for those who can draw the ball that start line is fine.

Driver wedge all day.
Pga Tour Mic Drop GIF by Srixon Golf

Just depends on how much your ball curves. They’ll give you a target area. @ddec is correct that it’s a White House they tell you to aim for.
Hole 4 tee box. You can zoom in to see the white house.
Screenshot_20240405_084352_Gallery.jpg

Oh well, if you could use a 9i instead of a wedge that changes everything. =)
I’d prefer to poke it out there to get a wedge in hand but if I hit a not great drive it’s not happening. Lol

All I remember is being on the top right of the green w/ pin in the front. I barely tapped my putt. I chipped my next shot 20+ yds back on the green.

I parred it in the best ball round, but I also hit one of my best irons from like 180 out. This hole killed us on the shamble round. Really a difficult hole if you get out of position off the tee. Take your medicine and play for bogey.

i want everyone to come back to these threads after we play and post what clubs they actually ended up playing, and the results.

Threes Company Fall GIF

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
i want everyone to come back to these threads after we play and post what clubs they actually ended up playing, and the results.

Threes Company Fall GIF
That's kind of my plan - that's why I started putting up the MyStrategy - I want to see what really happens when we get there.

This one looks so simple off the tee. Poke it out there to the top tier then hit a nice second. I think that’s where I go wrong. Something in my gut hears those greenside bunkers calling my name and they look nasty. I’m trying to save a bogey here and happy if that’s the worst I write down.

If right off the tee is no good, then I'm likely taking 3W for the tee shot. I don't think I'll hit it through the fairway with a driver, but best to take the slice that pops up at the most inappropriate moments out of the question. Then it's a mid to high iron into the green depending on how much roll I got. Looking at my Green Book, the green sits 5' higher than the bottom of the fairway, so it's one club up than normal with an easy swing. The green looks diabolical. Lots of red on the heat map right through the center N to S.

I’d prefer to poke it out there to get a wedge in hand but if I hit a not great drive it’s not happening. Lol
Risk reward hole for sure...you weren't pin hunting on the hole before because it was early in the round...why bring risk in on the next hole with so much trouble lurking?

#1 handicap hole, yet somehow I parred it both rounds o_O

The key is to stay left and don't try to outdrive the fairway. I'm not a long hitter, but I used 5W off the tee and let the ball run down the slope.

I like courses that provide lots of options for play in a style and level of aggression that fits you. This hole seems to do that very well.

Risk reward hole for sure...you weren't pin hunting on the hole before because it was early in the round...why bring risk in on the next hole with so much trouble lurking?
I’m not pin hunting. Just picking a landing zone for the tee. I fade the driver so plan is to go up left side and let it fall right.

I’m not pin hunting. Just picking a landing zone for the tee. I fade the driver so plan is to go up left side and let it fall right.
I’ll be following along. My guess is you down grade to 3w when you get on that tee box.

I’ll be following along. My guess is you down grade to 3w when you get on that tee box.
I'm thinking the same thing - if not for the first day it'll be a downgrade the second day when we repeat.

Which brings up, I wonder how many of us are going to be picking different clubs on day 2 based upon our results of the first time?

Back