Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Par

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Bogey

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm thinking the same thing - if not for the first day it'll be a downgrade the second day when we repeat.

Which brings up, I wonder how many of us are going to be picking different clubs on day 2 based upon our results of the first time?
There will be a few holes where you might rethink your strategy from Day 1. A majority will most likely be second shots into elevated greens, etc.

I will offer up no advice on this hole as I am still looking for my golf ball.

I’ll be following along. My guess is you down grade to 3w when you get on that tee box.
My concern is the rough in the middle. 3w puts the end of that in play and I’d rather clear that and have a better shot in vs hitting out of the rough. But there are so many factors that are going to be in play. I’m not just by myself and I don’t know weather/wind.

I got par in the after the event round by hitting 5w off the tee up the left side. Also tried that during the competition and it didn't go well. Will probably just try that again anyway lol

So far the hole breakdowns at Ballyhack have me much more scared than what I experienced at Briggs Ranch.

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Since your driver goes long, strong like bull, it might run into the ravine down there. Just depends how it runs out on that slope.

short iron in with a good look is nice.
I guess all that depends on how steep that slope is in the landing area and how dry/wet it is.

It's a tough one, but I think the approach and green are harder than the tee shot. If you have a caddie, he/she will stand out there and give you a visual to aim for. Basically over the left side/edge of the bunker and then the ball will kick hard right and roll down the hill. Depending on your speed and luck, the approach could be reasonable or on the long side.

Missing right is not ideal off the tee with the creek and gunch over the there.

I cannot envision many scenarios where you'd lay up btw.

Green slopes incredibly hard back right to left. Missing right is not that bad and basically triples the size of your landing area on the approach shot. If you do miss there, you have a pretty straight forward pitch shot up to the green.
I'm not afraid of gunch 😉😂

Was just looking back through on my Garmin to see what I had hit on this hole. First round I went driver nine iron. Then every other time after that, I went three wood and either eight iron or five iron when I was in jail in between the fairways

I know I pared it at least once when I was there. I think I teed off with my old U500 driving iron and had a PW in. You can get some nice roll out if you catch it right.

Having played this hole multiple times. I suggest hitting on the left hand side on the downhill portion leaving you at the end of the fairway. Then it leaves a manageable approach. Then you birdie it when you hit it close. 😉

i want everyone to come back to these threads after we play and post what clubs they actually ended up playing, and the results.

Threes Company Fall GIF
I'm going to have to write that down for each hole to remember, and if there's too much blood I may have to try not to 'forget' 🤣

This could be anything, definitely not driver off the tee for me so I can try to take out the right side if adrenaline is up.

I'd like to use the left side and slope to get it within wedge range so long hybrid is my idea for now depending on wind. Knowing it's #1 stroke hole gives a little bit of breather so getting in the short stuff first will be key for the second shot.

i want everyone to come back to these threads after we play and post what clubs they actually ended up playing, and the results.

Threes Company Fall GIF
This is a good idea. I’ll have my shot scope running in June and make sure to post the results. Also that means it’s time to stop being so optimistic 😂

This is a good idea. I’ll have my shot scope running in June and make sure to post the results. Also that means it’s time to stop being so optimistic 😂
I mean, I COULD hole out from any given fairway …. So?

The 3 times I played it I went Par, Bogey, Par. The only reason I made bogey the 2nd time was because I hit the hill on the back right side & it zipped all the way down the green to the left hand side. You will see the severe slope in that green from left to right up the hill. When the hole is cut on the front right & you are coming all the way up the entire length of the green & the greens are fast, it's a real easy 3 putt.

I mean, I COULD hole out from any given fairway …. So?
See, that’s just too much positivity thinking I’d be in a fairway though 😂

Hole 4 tee box. You can zoom in to see the white house.
View attachment 9254408
I'll have a decision between driver and 5w I think. If I hit a driver well, sounds like it will be too long. If I hit it how I tend to, should be perfect, so this will be the one driver I hit well all day probably.

#1 handicap hole, yet somehow I parred it both rounds o_O

The key is to stay left and don't try to outdrive the fairway. I'm not a long hitter, but I used 5W off the tee and let the ball run down the slope.
How farish do you hit your 5w?

Having played this hole multiple times. I suggest hitting on the left hand side on the downhill portion leaving you at the end of the fairway. Then it leaves a manageable approach. Then you birdie it when you hit it close. 😉
Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

Back