Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Par

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Bogey

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Having played this hole multiple times. I suggest hitting on the left hand side on the downhill portion leaving you at the end of the fairway. Then it leaves a manageable approach. Then you birdie it when you hit it close. 😉
End of fairway picture but closer to right side.
20230522_123501.jpg

Zoomed in
Screenshot_20240408_115128_Gallery.jpg

Do you remember how far that was? The first picture makes it look like a country mile, the second picture like 80 yards?
Should be around 120-140ish

I don't know why but I like the chances on getting it to the right sliver of fairway, but I'm probably underestimating the length of the rough between those fairways

Should be around 120-140ish
That is deceiving, at least to my eyes and I know it's only a picture. I will be trying to focus on the numbers and the caddie when making a club selection, I think that it's going to be very easy to get in my own head with a lot of these holes.

Let's take driver up the left side and see what we have next.

Additional slope pictures
20230521_171011.jpg

20230521_171023.jpg

20230521_171025.jpg

20230521_171145.jpg

Hole 4 Green looking back into hole 4 fairway

20230521_171757.jpg

20230521_171809.jpg

Love that there are options off the tee and consequences if you don’t pull it off.

Love that there are options off the tee and consequences if you don’t pull it off.
Consequences seems like a good word for a lot of this course. I'm going to love it.

Consequences seems like a good word for a lot of this course. I'm going to love it.
Looks like a fun course to play multiple times and it would never get old.

After the wide open drives on #1 and #2, this hole stood out as being next level in difficulty to me. The caddies recommend staying left or trying to fly it over the thicker grass in the middle, and there are some houses in the distance that serve as good target lines. Unless you are going to fly down to the flats beyond the rough island (not sure of a better term), then I'll just say you need to stay away from the right side as everything slopes hard left to right, and there are bunkers and just thick hilly side slopes over there. First round, I was over there and it was no bueno.

Shots into the green have to cover a smaller ravine with bunkers protecting any pin on the left. There is a side slope / back slope on the back right side that could be used to provide some room for a back right pin.

Second round, I hit a drive on the left side, and there are a bunch of slopes that take the ball further toward the green. I was left with about 160 in from the left side of the fairway to a right pin. I left that just short of the green but made my longest putt of the week and recorded my only birdie of the rounds in absurd fashion. I could play this hole 20 more times and not sniff birdie again.

We played the White tee here at 411 yards on the card.

Last edited:
With my current game, bogey or worse is quite likely. I can not hit driver here safely and do not have a good solid 250ish option. I might get that with a 2u if I hit it well but confidence with that is low right now. Most likely, I am going 3U and leaving a longer approach then I would like.

I come to play though so I don’t see me laying up unless it’s really long from a crappy tee shot which is a possibility. Either way I am not likely in in 2 and end bogey or double.

Back