Callaway Apex Irons Preview

Ryan on the other hand; this just makes it way easier for him to whoop all our arses.
The dude watched an Auburn game during the Gauntlet and still busted out birdies like they were nothing.
This is the only reason I assumed he at least went combo.

For the record he didnt start making birdies till the game was over. JB had him on his back, that being said he could use them I agree. But for me it was what did the pro's provide that the Apex did not. Well I hit the 7iron apex further than I hit the 6 iron pro. Thats pretty amazing to me. I think the Apex is going to be a real game changer on for a person like me to help me get to the next level.

For the record he didnt start making birdies till the game was over. JB had him on his back, that being said he could use them I agree. But for me it was what did the pro's provide that the Apex did not. Well I hit the 7iron apex further than I hit the 6 iron pro. Thats pretty amazing to me. I think the Apex is going to be a real game changer on for a person like me to help me get to the next level.
Not true!

I made a birdie during halftime, too.

:act-up:

Cannot wait for this thread to blow up tomorrow, in hand pics weeks before they hit stores....can't beat that!

Cannot wait for this thread to blow up tomorrow, in hand pics weeks before they hit stores....can't beat that!

I believe there will be a new thread created. So look out for that.

On another note, I can't wait to hear how good these things are. I am really looking forward to hopefully giving these a go in a couple of weeks.

If these show up early enough tomorrow, I'm taking them out for a spin.

I will be watching the review thread intently. I really like my current Callaway irons but will probably be getting a new set this spring. The Apex irons look amazing and the tech packed into them is outstanding!

No doubt, these clubs will be in play tomorrow. Had them re-routed to the UPS store next to the office and there's and driving range and 18 hole lighted course 3 blocks away. As luck would have it, have a mini golfcation planned for this weekend as well. Timing couldn't be better.

No doubt, these clubs will be in play tomorrow. Had them re-routed to the UPS store next to the office and there's and driving range and 18 hole lighted course 3 blocks away. As luck would have it, have a mini golfcation planned for this weekend as well. Timing couldn't be better.

Now you're just bragging. So jealous of you guys that get them tomorrow!

I'm playing my first round in weeks tomorrow, sadly I won't be able to come by the house first to see if they are here.

Messing around on the Apex preorder site, their lie angle spec's are associated by a color. 1* up is green, 1* flat is gold, etc. Have they always done this or is it new?

10944490064_9a5a756d79_b.jpg

They've done it for some time now. Hidden a bit, as it's the very top smallest groove on the face that is colored.

I am looking forward to the feedback on these. They are really sharp looking clubs and from the sounds of them great performers too. Enticing combination.

These will be in hand today, and I look forward to getting the entire set in the bag and getting them out on the course. A set to impress, for sure, as the buildup on these for me has been ridiculous. Cant wait to have them in hand and put them to work.

These will be in hand today, and I look forward to getting the entire set in the bag and getting them out on the course. A set to impress, for sure, as the buildup on these for me has been ridiculous. Cant wait to have them in hand and put them to work.

Ryan,

Pics and thoughts ASAP.

Love,

Jeff/John

Please hurry lol

of course it's raining today. Supposed to lighten up late afternoon to 20%. Fingers crossed!

I at least want to hit the range tonight

Guys lets remember that this is an equipment preview thread.
Shipping notifications, plans for a round, etc are not part of the equipment discussion.

While we know everybody is excited and we look forward to the reviews, lets please remember to keep some semblance of this thread about the actual equipment.

When I was leaving the range last night I noticed they had a set in a brand new Callaway bag. I probably held them in hand for a good 20 minutes. These things look incredible in person.

When I was leaving the range last night I noticed they had a set in a brand new Callaway bag. I probably held them in hand for a good 20 minutes. These things look incredible in person.

The irons look great and I believe they have the performance to match.

Yes, there will be a new review thread up for reviews.
That does not mean the preview thread on a specific set of irons should turn into the weather thread, the UPS shipping thread, etc.

There are hundreds of thousands of people that read these threads over the course of the year through organic search and we try to keep some semblance of the topic at hand when we can.

Just picked mine up. Unboxed them and took a few swings, that's about it so far as I've got to get back to work. I don't see a need to post pictures or anything, as there are plenty of them floating around the web. Will attempt to get on the range with them tonight and do some side by side comparisons with the set that I currently game. Will not likely get on the course until the weekend, so full on course review from me is a few days off yet.

A couple of quick observations - first, they look great. Classic, sleek, sexy, all of it. Secondly, the balance on these clubs is incredible. The first thing I noticed when I took a few swings with the short irons is how "in sync" the club feels. The weight and balance from takeaway to impact is so smooth, very different from what I'm used to.

Last edited:
Incorrect. Pics are never redundant :D

Just picked mine up. Unboxed them and took a few swings, that's about it so far as I've got to get back to work. I don't see a need to post pictures or anything, as there are plenty of them floating around the web. Will attempt to get on the range with them tonight and do some side by side comparisons with the set that I currently game. Will not likely get on the course until the weekend, so full on course review from me is a few days off yet.

A couple of quick observations - first, they look great. Classic, sleek, sexy, all of it. Secondly, the balance on these clubs is incredible. The first thing I noticed when I took a few swings with the short irons is how "in sync" the club feels. The weight and balance from takeaway to impact is so smooth, very different from what I'm used to.

What's your set make up, 3i-P?

I got the 5-AW. Will post this one side-by-side pic. The long irons (3-5) have a different finish on the sole, which honestly I don't know what it's from. I read something about the Pros having some insert in the long irons, but I'm not sure about these.

IMG_0696_zps733154b9.jpg

Back