Callaway Apex Irons Preview

Plus Im a hot mess with hybos, so being able to go after something beyond 175-180 would be a welcome addition again
You hit the Apex on the range so flush, I think you will have success with them. Going from the set you have been gaming to these will be an interesting comparison, I do believe.

I really want the 3i. A lot.

Not me, hitting a 4I scares me enough as is.
This is my camp too. Although I'm starting to think it's a mental thing a little bit that whatever the lowest iron is in my bag, I can't hit it. I used to hit 5i's just fine but since I went to a 4 Hybo I suck with a 5i too. WTH? I've either got to figure it out (which I will) or I'll be first in line at the next Hyron sale.

You hit the Apex on the range so flush, I think you will have success with them. Going from the set you have been gaming to these will be an interesting comparison, I do believe.

I agree. I went with a 3i. Matty recommended I go with one. After seeing trout hit one last weekend. I am really excited.

Im with you there, Mike. Having put a 4i back in the bag, the long irons in this set are going to be put to work. I am hoping for some immediate success out of those clubs.

I wonder how the long irons will perform for you in this set. Different make up then your gamers

Im with you there, Mike. Having put a 4i back in the bag, the long irons in this set are going to be put to work. I am hoping for some immediate success out of those clubs.
4i is an excellent addition to the set!!

I have serious regrets with my decision to skip the 3i.

I'll let you hit mine next time we end up at a gathering together. I will then proceed to snatch it from you rudely, and taunt you with it.

I'll let you hit mine next time we end up at a gathering together. I will then proceed to snatch it from you rudely, and taunt you with it.

I may not be big, and I may not be strong. I don't know karate or Jiu Jitsu, and am not a famed boxer. But what I do have is a keen knowledge of the human anatomy, I know the precise point in which to kick you that will isntantly bring you to your knees. It's a well kept secret, that only a few others other than myself know about, if you were to make me angry by following through with your plan.

Ok so, its not a secret, its the nut sack. But I promise you it will hurt alot.

I may not be big, and I may not be strong. I don't know karate or Jiu Jitsu, and am not a famed boxer. But what I do have is a keen knowledge of the human anatomy, I know the precise point in which to kick you that will isntantly bring you to your knees. It's a well kept secret, that only a few others other than myself know about, if you were to make me angry by following through with your plan.

Ok so, its not a secret, its the nut sack. But I promise you it will hurt alot.

th

I see these are up on the Callaway site for preorder; some good shaft choices without up charges… can't wait to start hearing some feedback on these.

Only a mere 3 weeks til these irons hit stores, Im looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts that get to try these out and will be waiting here with a bunch of "I Told ya so"

One thing Im looking forward to is the long irons. I recently had some success with my 4I which was very surprising as I usually struggle. Any one at the testing have a chance to try out a long iron and have any feedback?

I'll let you know how much I like these in just 3 weeks time.

I'll let you know how much I like these in just 3 weeks time.
There is a bit of an "IF" caveat applied I think lol

edit: But I will too IF

Saw an email this morning from Callaway Golf that their preorder page for the Apex irons is now up.

Cool thing about that page is that the rumors were true: no upcharge on a number of different custom shafts. Just playing around with the site, here's a sampling of the shafts that are no upcharge: all of the KBS line (except they don't offer C-Taper Lite), all of the Project X options (original Project X, PXi, PX 95), multiple Dynamic Gold options (original DG, DG XP, DG SL), UST Mamiya Recoil 95 and 110 (the Recoil 660/680 are the stock graphite shafts).

Saw an email this morning from Callaway Golf that their preorder page for the Apex irons is now up.

Cool thing about that page is that the rumors were true: no upcharge on a number of different custom shafts. Just playing around with the site, here's a sampling of the shafts that are no upcharge: all of the KBS line (except they don't offer C-Taper Lite), all of the Project X options (original Project X, PXi, PX 95), multiple Dynamic Gold options (original DG, DG XP, DG SL), UST Mamiya Recoil 95 and 110 (the Recoil 660/680 are the stock graphite shafts).
Saw the preorder email this morning as well. These things are hitting shelves soon and are going to impress people a lot.

So with the ability now to order...anyone diving in blind?

So with the ability now to order...anyone diving in blind?

I may. I'm thinking about a combo set though. Apex 4i and 5i, Apex Pro 6-7i, an my existing prototype Musclebacks 8-9i. Although a complete Apex set with the added forgiveness is probably what my game needs. My local shop said that they'll have a lefty set for me to demo once these are out but I'm so in love with KBS shafts that I'll have to custom order.

Looks like I may be hitting these this weekend as I just got an email from UPS!!!! They should be here tomorrow!!! Can't wait to get out and swing these things and see what they can do. The day is finally near.

Callaway Apex Irons Preview

It's about to get real fellas

We will have a new review thread up for both the APEX and APEX Pro irons for everybody this way readers to not have to wade through delivery info, etc.

We will have a new review thread up for both the APEX and APEX Pro irons for everybody this way readers to not have to wade through delivery info, etc.

Should have these in hand tomorrow, and I can't freaking wait to get them on the course.

Plenty of no-charge shaft options as a few have mentioned, but these irons are pretty pricey...

Back