Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Yep 50...I got it then the a 54 and 58 MD2

Same here. I have a little gap between the AW and the 54*. But, I hit a little, dependable knockdown with the AW that fits the gap well.

Apex with Project X 6.0 flighted 95 on the way......yikes!!! i can't wait

Same here. I have a little gap between the AW and the 54*. But, I hit a little, dependable knockdown with the AW that fits the gap well.

Im struggling with the AW, no consistency with it at all, so Ive been working on more 3/4 PW with much better success for the time being.

Im struggling with the AW, no consistency with it at all, so Ive been working on more 3/4 PW with much better success for the time being.

If you wanna get rid of it for cheap LMK! :)

Finally got home and opened the box. "Like new" condition? Ha...how about brand spankin new?

EE036B8A-B3D2-4934-8AFE-07B9006D8D09.jpg

I am already in love with the lighter weight and the shape/size of these is PERFECT. Let me repeat...PERFECT.

Hurry up Sunday afternoon!

WOW Sparks!!! That's freakin awesome!

And my A wedge came today from Callaway Pre-owned. Now the bag is complete...... unless I feel the need for new wedges. :D

ypezu7e7.jpg

Tapa tapa tapa

Last edited:
Yep 50...I got it then the a 54 and 58 MD2

I have apex with recoils on the way. If the gapping stays true from 6i demo club my aw will be about 140. 54°md2 is my 115 club so I will have a huge gap as well. May swich wedge setup or will need to acquire a very dependable knock down shot with aw

Finally got home and opened the box. "Like new" condition? Ha...how about brand spankin new?

I am already in love with the lighter weight and the shape/size of these is PERFECT. Let me repeat...PERFECT.

OMG, awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about them this weekend.

Mine arrive Tuesday...

WOW Sparks!!! That's freakin awesome!

And my A wedge came today from Callaway Pre-owned. Now the bag is complete...... unless I feel the need for new wedges. :D

ypezu7e7.jpg

Tapa tapa tapa

I'm sure I will get an AW eventually but sticking with the XHP AW for now. What shaft did you get in it?

I have apex with recoils on the way. If the gapping stays true from 6i demo club my aw will be about 140. 54°md2 is my 115 club so I will have a huge gap as well. May swich wedge setup or will need to acquire a very dependable knock down shot with aw

140 yard AW...wow. That's a strong 9 for me, lol.

My fitter put me in the stock XP95 in stiff. I've always thought of myself as needing an R (~75mph iron SS), but with the ball flight and the distance we were getting, not to mention the feel, who am I to argue!?!

You can hit my MD2 50 degree at the range this weekend, see how it gaps for you

EE036B8A-B3D2-4934-8AFE-07B9006D8D09.jpg

That is awesome brother, you are going to love them, trust me, besides they play great, they are damn sexy as well

Mine should be arriving any day now. Says Monday but I am thinking tomorrow as they are in WA. Cannot wait for the first range session

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I told you they'd still be in the plastic.

So there is a AW on Callaway pre owned built to my specs.

I know I really sound like a homer and a fanboy but this is a fact, Callaway is just killing it and besides having a fabulous product as a company they just get it

Wake, do you still use the flighted shafts? I saw you did in an old thread from 2012 re: the flighted shafts. You still like them?

Wake, do you still use the flighted shafts? I saw you did in an old thread from 2012 re: the flighted shafts. You still like them?

No condor I don't, I do still like them however and would consider going back to them in the future, although I would probably step down in weight or flex if I did. I'm loving the lighter weight XP95's in stiff compared to the px 6.0s.

Did you have tapered tip or parallel tip?

Just found a killer deal on these, not sure if I can resist it, but I love my Mizunos...

Just found a killer deal on these, not sure if I can resist it, but I love my Mizunos...

I loved my JPX's......but alas I was unable to resist...

Back