Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Sweet. Mail.
Unknown.jpeg

Man these Chrome Tour are so good! In every.dang.way!

Played the Chrome Tour the majority of my round and absolutely love it! Had a couple balloon up today in the wind but I don’t think it was the ball’s fault. Any ball would have done it in the wind we had today. That being said, I still had a sleeve of CTX left and wanted my buddy to try them. He played it off and on all day and he’s a cheapskate when it comes to balls, but kept coming back to it bc he really liked it. He is usually about a club behind me on the tee and he was seeing about the same as me off the tee, and even out drove me on a couple holes with it. Probably saw a club longer through the bag for him with it. Again he just gets whatever for balls, and I think this ball was better suited for him just seeing the flight and distances. I knew he usually just hit whatever, so wanted to see what he actually hit with a ball that I had hoped was more suited for him.

"Skimmer Alert"
I've looked through this thread as much as I could and I don't see too many using the new Chrome Soft.
I know that JB has being going back and forth between 24CS & CT.
I think I'd give up some spin for some distance in my game.
I've been looking for a 22CS vs. 24CS review. Can't seem to find one.

Any 2024 CS users (Think @Just_Brad & @BigMac are 24CS users) that I've missed that can give me your thoughts.

"Skimmer Alert"
I've looked through this thread as much as I could and I don't see too many using the new Chrome Soft.

Any 2024 CS users (Think @Just_Brad & @BigMac are 24CS users) that I've missed that can give me your thoughts.
I've posted on them a few times in the thread. I don't have launch monitor numbers, but I can tell you they feel very similar to the '22 CS from tee to green (I've been going back and forth between them because I still have a couple dozen '22 balls left), but to me they seem to have slightly better greenside performance. The seamless aero makes them a good, stable performer in the wind. If you liked the previous CS, I'm confident that you'll like the '24 model just as well or better.

For me, the CS and CT ('24 models) feel and perform very similar on full swing shots, but the CT spins and bites better on the greens. The CT feels firmer off wedges and putter. I could have played either ball this year and been perfectly happy with it, but I went with the CS because I like the short game feel a bit better and the greenside performance isn't a big issue for me (and isn't a *huge* difference).

"Skimmer Alert"

I have 2 dozen of both, and when the season starts will be going with Chrome Tour.

So the question is why? I get higher spin numbers with the Tour (on GC3) with wedges, and want to see that carry over to the course.

I need to go back and do more head to head once I get some swing issues fixed. I thought the CS had great speed and distance numbers, if not as good or better than Chome Tour.

The CT feels incredible off the putter face. I’m hooked for sure. I think I’m going to order another dozen and a dozen of the CTX

My Buy 3 get 1 free showed up today not to mention the 2 other dozen I have sitting here. I gave a sleeve to my friend @wvudiehard and will give a sleeve to @Hinge & hold when I see him.

Got a 2 pack of Chrome Tour with my Callaway fitting earlier this week. I like the Chrome Tour better than the Chrome Tour X. With no numbers it just appeared the ball was doing more for me than the X. I was holding greens and getting good distance.

I have been playing the Supersoft because I like the splatter 360 design. But, man, does the Chrome Tour just flat-out perform for me. I used it today and it was so good.

I have been hitting greens and have them run off with the Super Soft. I do not have that problem with Chrome Tour. Distance, spin, feel are really good for me with these

I have been playing the Supersoft because I like the splatter 360 design. But, man, does the Chrome Tour just flat-out perform for me. I used it today and it was so good.

I have been hitting greens and have them run off with the Super Soft. I do not have that problem with Chrome Tour. Distance, spin, feel are really good for me with these
I haven't found a concern with the ball. Usually this far in something has shown up but not yet. Looks like its going to be solid throughout

I know the CT are great in the wind, but 40 mph seems like too much. I’ll let someone else test that for science and cancel my tee time for today. 😂

So I did a thing yesterday that I do not pull off very often. I played an entire round with the same golf ball. The little Chrome Tour that could. He's now known as Sir Scrappy. That little guy just wanted to compete. He didn't care about hitting a few retaining walls nor a palm tree. He wanted to fight so much that he flung himself back onto the playing surface after a drive got away from me. He used a roof to stay in the fight.

His 264 yard average off the tee with 10/14 FIR... that earned him all player of the game status. His lifetime hole count is now well past 20 golf holes. I had no reservations about continuing to use him to complete the round. However his Ripken status has earned him a retirement.

Here he is chilling by the water 18. Willing himself to finish the job.

1711387629699.jpeg

Played the CT alongside the new AVX yesterday. CT hung in there distance wise off the tee, only 3 - 5 yards behind the AVX. However I did prefer the CT around the green.

So I did a thing yesterday that I do not pull off very often. I played an entire round with the same golf ball. The little Chrome Tour that could. He's now known as Sir Scrappy. That little guy just wanted to compete. He didn't care about hitting a few retaining walls nor a palm tree. He wanted to fight so much that he flung himself back onto the playing surface after a drive got away from me. He used a roof to stay in the fight.

His 264 yard average off the tee with 10/14 FIR... that earned him all player of the game status. His lifetime hole count is now well past 20 golf holes. I had no reservations about continuing to use him to complete the round. However his Ripken status has earned him a retirement.

Here he is chilling by the water 18. Willing himself to finish the job.

View attachment 9251431
10/14 fairways is fantastic

10/14 fairways is fantastic
only one dribbler. Which is a FANTASTIC result given my recent driving 😭.

Score wise, I lost my mind. That 277 uphill was on a par 5 that I can get near the green with good drive and FW.....but that day, perfect drive, then smoked 7i had me over the green it two!!

I flubbed my chip, and that set up an epic 4 putt that included putting off the green twice.

The CT will be my ball for the year. It’s time to take advantage of the buy 3 get 1 deal before I miss out! Pretty damn excited about it too!!!
Austin Powers Love GIF

Excited to give these a go, but need as many rounds as I can get with the Supersoft before Ballyhack.

View attachment 9251512
I was just about to post regarding the lone wolf balls.. i think I need to buy a bunch of those. I love the design

I grabbed these as well tonight
20240328_193725.jpg

Back