Callaway HEX Chrome+ Golf Ball Review Thread

Marked up a dozen Chrome + with my THP Tin cup. Cant wait to put these in play.

Looks like you guys really like the chrome+. Anyone with a moderate swing speed try the + and compare it to the regular chrome? I have a 95 mph ss so it seems like I should be gaming the regular chromes but this thread makes me want to buy a box of the +'s.

Looks like you guys really like the chrome+. Anyone with a moderate swing speed try the + and compare it to the regular chrome? I have a 95 mph ss so it seems like I should be gaming the regular chromes but this thread makes me want to buy a box of the +'s.

Go get a dozen. I think you will be quite pleased with these. I have been playing them since the DFW Invitational and really like them.

Callaway sent me a box of Chrome+ with the custom order of my driver so I am hoping to get out and play 9 this week and see how the Chrome+ compares to the Black.

I have a very slow SS now, 90/92 mph is what I am consistently on the LM at the PGA SS. I tried the Chrome last year and absolutely hated it, no distance at all compared to my B330-RX but when I tried the Black it was very close in performance to the RX. This surprised me as it went totally against what Callaway was saying would happen. This year I have tried the Chrome + and really enjoy it, I am finding it to be a equal in performance to the RX and at a cheaper price point. It may just become my ball for the forseeable future, I would say I am about 70% convinced that this change will be made.

I have a very slow SS now, 90/92 mph is what I am consistently on the LM at the PGA SS. I tried the Chrome last year and absolutely hated it, no distance at all compared to my B330-RX but when I tried the Black it was very close in performance to the RX. This surprised me as it went totally against what Callaway was saying would happen. This year I have tried the Chrome + and really enjoy it, I am finding it to be a equal in performance to the RX and at a cheaper price point. It may just become my ball for the forseeable future, I would say I am about 70% convinced that this change will be made.

Awesome. It looks like the consensus on THP like the + more than the regular Chrome. More durable. More distance and less spin off the tee with just a tad less spin around the greens in comparison to the regular chrome. I'd rather find more fairways and a shorter second shot in. Spin doesn't matter if I'm coming out of the rough.

Sorry for the skim alert here, but how does this ball compare (spin into greens and driver distance) to the Pro V1x or Nike One Tour D?

See my post above yours - I LOVE this ball, and only swing a driver maybe 90mph/240y.

Sorry for the skim alert here, but how does this ball compare (spin into greens and driver distance) to the Pro V1x or Nike One Tour D?

I didn't see much difference in wedge spin, if any at all, compared to the V1x. Nothing concrete comes to mind off the driver, so I'll pass on answering that one.

Is this comparable to the RBZ Urethane or Lethal?

So has anyone had problems with these cutting or splitting open. Second one now out of one dozen that basically split wide open.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have not Zenger. I did have some durability issues with the Hex Black, but haven't with these.

So has anyone had problems with these cutting or splitting open. Second one now out of one dozen that basically split wide open.

No sir, neither problem at all for me.

Going to chalk it up to faulty batch

Going to chalk it up to faulty batch

I've heard of this before too Zenger. Get in contact with Callaway, they will have you send the balls to them for replacement.

Played the Chrome+ today for 9 holes and the Hex Black for 9. Shot 6 strokes better with the Black. Part of that was my swing but I still think I prefer the Black slightly to the Chrome+. The Chrome+ is a solid ball but I thought it was a little too spinny for me. I was seeing pretty much the same distances with the Black and less side spin. I'm going to give the rest of the Chrome+ sleeve a chance but right now I'm thinking I'll stick to the Black which I didn't expect going into the comparison.

Got some yellow's of the +'s this week, looking forward to getting out and about with them on Monday.

I played the Hex Chrome + for 18 today. I was extremely pleased. Felt really good off the driver. Had some really nice drives. Felt really nice around the greens too. I like it alot more than the Hed Blacks I have been playing. A much softer feel to me.

I played the Hex Chrome + for 18 today. I was extremely pleased. Felt really good off the driver. Had some really nice drives. Felt really nice around the greens too. I like it alot more than the Hed Blacks I have been playing. A much softer feel to me.

When I did the comparison between the Chrome+ and the Black I did like the feel more off the irons and woods. Had a softer feel to it but the results don't lie and the Black outperformed the Chrome+. I want to do another head to head soon to see if I get the same results.

When I did the comparison between the Chrome+ and the Black I did like the feel more off the irons and woods. Had a softer feel to it but the results don't lie and the Black outperformed the Chrome+. I want to do another head to head soon to see if I get the same results.

Please do, I'm anxiously watching this thread try to determine if I should pick some of these up to try over the blacks. FWIW I can't just pick up a sleeve, the courses around here are very limited on selection.

I have not Zenger. I did have some durability issues with the Hex Black, but haven't with these.

Now that is interesting....I am still scuffing the plus with my wedge hits but its not happening with the blacks. Played 1 round with each yesterday.

I really need to try this ball. Unfortunately, having 6 or so dozen premium balls already, I can't justify buying another dozen. Maybe when I run out I'll give these a shot.

Dev played these yesterday and he was playing really well for stretches. This ball seems like a beast.

I really need to try this ball. Unfortunately, having 6 or so dozen premium balls already, I can't justify buying another dozen. Maybe when I run out I'll give these a shot.

Dev played these yesterday and he was playing really well for stretches. This ball seems like a beast.

I would have traded you a sleeve. I didnt even think of it. Next weekend we can swap if you want.

Save your hex blacks for ATL. I keep trying to like this ball but it and I aren't friends off the tee. Little too much spin it would appear. We'll do a little 3 sleeve trade or something

Back