I watched several videos of the new Smoke drivers vs the Paradym drivers. There wasn’t much difference between the two, so I will keep my X in the bag. It’s a great fit for me.
I agree with you. The only thing for me, i hate the blue color and love the new grey. So i bought the Smoke. 🙂

Have a demo day fitting scheduled for next week for the driver. Lets see how it goes.

These drivers on sale at Callaway CPO for a shade over $300 for like new might be the best driver deal going.

If you're in the market, I'd recommend at least starting your search here!

I was looking at the smoke max today and was hitting my paradigm in the same configuration side by side and outside of perhaps a minimal improvement in a tow hit in terms of spin there wasn't much in it.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I was looking at the smoke max today and was hitting my paradigm in the same configuration side by side and outside of perhaps a minimal improvement in a tow hit in terms of spin there wasn't much in it.

I saw a bit better dispersion out of the Smoke Max, but overall my Paradym X was just as good in all other performance metrics.

I am planning on playing my Paradym TD this season and so far after its initial 4 rounds down in Virginia this week it is continuing to amaze me with its performance and sound. I am not an overly long driver of the ball but it flat out performs. Matched with the TR Blue it is sper stable and love that I can work the heads both ways.

Shaft change is happening. Kai’li is back in and I’m looking for better feel than the Hzrdus Smoke. Still want to try the LIN-Q Red at some point too

Well given I have standard and X model and everyone raves about dispersion improvemts of the new line, I will likely take advantage of the 50% trade in offer occuring locally and trade the core model.

There is no true new equivalent of the X as the Max D is much more draw biased looking at reviews and in my hands a 9* X lofted down to 8 still hits high bombz that fall a bit left or right.

But I think I will get A Max. Just not sure of shaft.
Went locally and they only have it with the AV 55 stiff for sale so would need to custom order. Managed to get them to let me try the Denali black from the 3D model as well but no other shaft options to try and I think I need something somewhere in between.

My longer Paradym TD driver was the star last round. For some reason I'm hitting it straighter than my shorter driver

Well given I have standard and X model and everyone raves about dispersion improvemts of the new line, I will likely take advantage of the 50% trade in offer occuring locally and trade the core model.

There is no true new equivalent of the X as the Max D is much more draw biased looking at reviews and in my hands a 9* X lofted down to 8 still hits high bombz that fall a bit left or right.

But I think I will get A Max. Just not sure of shaft.
Went locally and they only have it with the AV 55 stiff for sale so would need to custom order. Managed to get them to let me try the Denali black from the 3D model as well but no other shaft options to try and I think I need something somewhere in between.

Keep us updated on how it goes for you. Some of the strongest testimony out there for Paradym are from those who are comparing it to the Smoke and ultimately sticking to the Paradym

Holy **** this driver. It's not the longest, but it's damn near impossible to have a big miss.

Found the end of the honeymoon phase yesterday. :LOL:

Had a nasty high draw for the first 7 holes or so. Was playing out of the wrong fairway 3 times and rough the other few holes. (was also playing a ball that exacerbated the miss IMO for several of those).

Straightened things out and was back to hitting some baby-fade bombs by the end of the round. Towards the end made some very very heely contact and watched the ball fly dead straight down the fairway, haha, driver saved me on that one.

Found the end of the honeymoon phase yesterday.

Had a nasty high draw for the first 7 holes or so. Was playing out of the wrong fairway 3 times and rough the other few holes. (was also playing a ball that exacerbated the miss IMO for several of those).

Straightened things out and was back to hitting some baby-fade bombs by the end of the round. Towards the end made some very very heely contact and watched the ball fly dead straight down the fairway, haha, driver saved me on that one.
This was why I considered and just traded my standard Paradym for the Max smoke. Toe side miss is light years better head to head on the launch monitor.

Toe misses spin stayed at 1900-2100 launch went up 2 degrees and a gentle high draw 5 yards from center line.
Same miss with Paradym set exactly same and it would drop to 1600-1700 and would curve 30 yards left.

At this stage (56 years old this year) I know my best hits won't go longer but if the face in the new model gives me near identical performance and results from all over my net total distance and fairways hit will be much better.

Pretty dang happy with my Paradym X. I really like the forgiveness out on the toe. That forgiveness has saved me more times than I can count.

Hit 2 really solid drives with the Paradym TD on Sunday and one not so good drive. Need to play this more to get my confidence better with it

Can't wait to get this back on the course. While I wait for the weather, I was looking back at some data. The X is such a solid performer. I have the same distance as my old gamer, within 1 yard both in P-Avg and Avg. but I'm hitting so many more FIR, from 35% to 55%.

So many good things to say about this driver, but distance + forgiveness cannot be overlooked, and the X has it.

First sim session with the Kai’li back in and man is it smooth. I wanna see it outdoors because what I saw on screen…sign me up for it

Range session today & I got some good practice time today with my Paradym X. The last couple of rounds I felt like I was guiding the club and not releasing it. This had me leaving the face open and producing distance killing cuts.

I settled in and focused on my grip pressure today. I just swung within myself and boom, straight to slight fade and long. I was aiming at a flag that was about 256 out and the ball was getting there with ease. Not all carry but it was close and I loved the ball flight. I needed these good vibes from my driver heading into my AZ trip.

Also I noticed if you let the sun hit this proto the right way it has a little purple in it. Look at the tip by the adapter

IMG_8998.jpeg

Range session today & I got some good practice time today with my Paradym X. The last couple of rounds I felt like I was guiding the club and not releasing it. This had me leaving the face open and producing distance killing cuts.

I settled in and focused on my grip pressure today. I just swung within myself and boom, straight to slight fade and long. I was aiming at a flag that was about 256 out and the ball was getting there with ease. Not all carry but it was close and I loved the ball flight. I needed these good vibes from my driver heading into my AZ trip.

Also I noticed if you let the sun hit this proto the right way it has a little purple in it. Look at the tip by the adapter

View attachment 9254513
That's a great looking combo!

View attachment 9254513
What did you change grip pressure wise?

What did you change grip pressure wise?
Nothing drastic other than right before my takeaway I intentionally gripped a little lighter. Hard to explain but I exhaled and felt any tension in my shoulders go and that was my queue to lighten my grip

I went from 30% fairways to 44% fairways while adding 10 yards with the X last year. That is simply nuts.

Nothing drastic other than right before my takeaway I intentionally gripped a little lighter. Hard to explain but I exhaled and felt any tension in my shoulders go and that was my queue to lighten my grip
That makes sense. Seems like the game gets easier when you just let it flow a little.

I went from 30% fairways to 44% fairways while adding 10 yards with the X last year. That is simply nuts.
In the past I may have thought of the forgiving model as not as long, but the X is something special. Forgiving. Long. So glad I listened to all the THPers.

In the past I may have thought of the forgiving model as not as long, but the X is something special. Forgiving. Long. So glad I listened to all the THPers.
You and me both.

I’m not even getting into how good it looks and sounds.

A bit of a layoff, so coming back to the Driver was hit and miss today. First drive was perfect splitting the fairway. Next one was a pull that missed left. Not far off the fairway, but lost the ball in some thick rough. Next 2 were both pushed right, but held on well, and was very playable only 5 or so yards off the fairway. Last hole with driver again split the fairway. 2/5 FIR, but only one put me in a bad spot. But the 2 I hit were so good. Working on angle of attack, and really see it paying off. Just need to fight the over the top move that creeps in.

Even missing 3 fairways today, and I'm still excited where I am heading with the X. The club is long, keeps me in play, and the feel is so good. Shaft is good to great, being a THPer, just wondering what could be optimized. Looking to add more UST in the bag, so the LIN-Q is on my radar if the opportunity arises to test it out.

Back