Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

By that logic you Razr Hawk driver is deathly afraid of my Burner 2.0!!

We all know that the RH slays sheep buddy.

I expect nothing different from my RXT's in a couple of weeks. I get to go up against a few TM staffers down there and I can't wait.

We all know that the RH slays sheep buddy.

I expect nothing different from my RXT's in a couple of weeks. I get to go up against a few TM staffers down there and I can't wait.

Indeed, can't wait to see everyone soon!

I also think these irons blow the TP CB's out of the water. For what it's worth.

I also think these irons blow the TP CB's out of the water. For what it's worth.

Boom! Having hit both I'd agree with you.

Boom! Having hit both I'd agree with you.

I know you would. There's no amount of marketing that can hide the fact that the RXT's just are better irons, in almost every category.

I know you would. There's no amount of marketing that can hide the fact that the RXT's just are better irons, in almost every category.

Distance. Check
Feel. Check
Looks. Check
Marketing. Well let's talk about workability. Check
Playability. Check

Distance. Check
Feel. Check
Looks. Check
Marketing. Well let's talk about workability. Check
Playability. Check

I think that sums it up perfectly.

They are in different leagues. I think the entire TM lineup is extremely overrated this year.

They are in different leagues. I think the entire TM lineup is extremely overrated this year.

To be fair, we haven't tried the R11's yet, haha

That is true and I actually like the look of the shape of the iron. The lug nut is hideous though. It would have to be fantastic for me to get over that. And in all honesty I did like the Burner driver as well. The rest of the lineup was marketed well

To be fair, we haven't tried the R11's yet, haha

This is true. I'm sure I'll hit them one day but until then these are the best irons I've hit to date. Bar none.

That is true and I actually like the look of the shape of the iron. The lug nut is hideous though. It would have to be fantastic for me to get over that. And in all honesty I did like the Burner driver as well. The rest of the lineup was marketed well

chunky, spitting the truth. I like it.

So the only real difference between the tour and non-tour versions is the 1* loft difference huh?

Not throughout the set. THere may be some larger gaps in the longer irons.

There is also less offset, and thinner lines.

I wouldn't doubt that for a second but would you say thats its direct competition or is it the R11?

CB I would put the competition between the TP CB's and the RXT's. I think the R11's are closer to the Diablo Forged IMO although I know that is a bit of an older iron from Callaway

As tested at the outing, I fully back this statement and go even further and say that they blow the TP MC's out of the water as well. FWIW.

CB I would put the competition between the TP CB's and the RXT's. I think the R11's are closer to the Diablo Forged IMO although I know that is a bit of an older iron from Callaway

Either way, I didn't like the CB's, I LOVED the MC's and the MB's are what they are. The RXT's are great irons, really great, but I'm excited to get the R11's out there and see what they can do. I have a feeling they are going to be great.

I really do wish like you guys that these were marketed better. I think a lot of people would love these irons but when they go to the store to hit new irons, they don't even know they exist.

Either way, I didn't like the CB's, I LOVED the MC's and the MB's are what they are. The RXT's are great irons, really great, but I'm excited to get the R11's out there and see what they can do. I have a feeling they are going to be great.

I really do wish like you guys that these were marketed better. I think a lot of people would love these irons but when they go to the store to hit new irons, they don't even know they exist.

CB the R11's do look nice in terms of the iron shape. I think you will crush it with those. Callaway needs to start bringing in some fresh blood. Phil and Ernie just are not selling irons. Give Rory half the company in stock options and take your chances that he is the next Tigger. The regular Razr X's are still one of my favorite irons of this year. I can't believe they don't sell like hotcakes. In my local Golfsmith I never even see anyone hitting them in the hitting bays. At my local range I have never seen the Razr's in anyones bag. It's sad.

Not throughout the set. THere may be some larger gaps in the longer irons.

There is also less offset, and thinner lines.

If I am not mistaken the sole on the RX is just a bit bigger, but nothing that would put me off.

CB the R11's do look nice in terms of the iron shape. I think you will crush it with those. Callaway needs to start bringing in some fresh blood. Phil and Ernie just are not selling irons. Give Rory half the company in stock options and take your chances that he is the next Tigger. The regular Razr X's are still one of my favorite irons of this year. I can't believe they don't sell like hotcakes. In my local Golfsmith I never even see anyone hitting them in the hitting bays. At my local range I have never seen the Razr's in anyones bag. It's sad.

You're right dude. Callaway needs to figure out how to be cool and hip and fashionable again. They made great strides in sponsoring me, I can tell you that right now.

If I am not mistaken the sole on the RX is just a bit bigger, but nothing that would put me off.

That's correct, the topline and sole of the Razr X's are a bit thicker than the RXT's but they still look great themselves.

Performance over paint. Just remember that people.

You're right dude. Callaway needs to figure out how to be cool and hip and fashionable again. They made great strides in sponsoring me, I can tell you that right now.

You crack me up bro. :alien:

Don't forget Ernie Els. I love these irons.

Back