Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Don't u worry about me, ill have this before you show at an invitational

guess you put me in my place:beat-up:

So, I'm going to say this right away. I've officially decided this is THE best sounding driver out there IMO. I really do believe that, not metallic, not aluminum, not dull, just a sweet, sweet sound that just leads to truly feeling like you killed it.

The best part? Most of the time I did kill it. What a difference finding the middle of the face more consistently makes.

Sad part is because of all the CRAP I was doing prior to checking the SW carried over early so there were some turrible swings out there. About the 5th hole though it started to click. As much as I wanted to hit the Xtreme 11.5 as well, I don't want to nearly as much now. I'm quite damn happy.

What a difference from playing with a C1 swingweight huh? Center of the face is always good.

What a difference from playing with a C1 swingweight huh? Center of the face is always good.

Played with the #2 on our HS team (should be the #1 IMO, but I let that ship sail so I have no say) and was just grinning and chuckling, he even said he hadn't seen me ever hit the ball like that in all the times we've played.

Played with the #2 on our HS team (should be the #1 IMO, but I let that ship sail so I have no say) and was just grinning and chuckling, he even said he hadn't seen me ever hit the ball like that in all the times we've played.

that's awesome. Golf is really fun when you have confidence off the tee with the driver. It's just a different game when that happens.

Sounds like u found the combo

So, I'm going to say this right away. I've officially decided this is THE best sounding driver out there IMO. I really do believe that, not metallic, not aluminum, not dull, just a sweet, sweet sound that just leads to truly feeling like you killed it.

The best part? Most of the time I did kill it. What a difference finding the middle of the face more consistently makes.

Sad part is because of all the CRAP I was doing prior to checking the SW carried over early so there were some turrible swings out there. About the 5th hole though it started to click. As much as I wanted to hit the Xtreme 11.5 as well, I don't want to nearly as much now. I'm quite damn happy.

Yes!! You're making me want to hit this so bad man.. B.Asha excellence and all.

Xhot + B Asha + 3 lbs of lead tape = Happy Jman

HA! 20g's thank you.

Considering hot-melt now, don't know if I can hot melt this one though.

HA! 20g's thank you.

the hot melt is something I've never gotten in to. Guess I just never really understood it.

the hot melt is something I've never gotten in to. Guess I just never really understood it.

I'm always a tinkerer. Could be fun to learn to do, I've got lots of old heads laying around to try it out.

Then again, I honestly kinda like the lead tape look.

I'm always a tinkerer. Could be fun to learn to do, I've got lots of old heads laying around to try it out.

try the old heads, don't mess with this setup

It says I can be serious, but I'm also here to party hahaha!

FrankenXHOT looks awesome.

I would a picture of Jman's Xhot with the metal strips.

AstonColossus.png

I just keep picturing a pipe fitting taped to the crown of it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Lead tape....interesting. Only on THP!! Love this site and peeps!

HA! 20g's thank you.

I was wondering if you would go this route if the tape worked for you. I would say let a good club builder do the hot melt. Not worth experimenting on something as good as this. Then you could call it "XHot Melt". Eh, the was kind of lame. :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I just keep picturing a pipe fitting taped to the crown of it.

Not quite...

Lead tape....interesting. Only on THP!! Love this site and peeps!

No other way to get the weight up quick and easy. I don't like messing with tip weights in woods.

I was wondering if you would go this route if the tape worked for you. I would say let a good club builder do the hot melt. Not worth experimenting on something as good as this. Then you could call it "XHot Melt". Eh, the was kind of lame. :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Like I said before, I'd never just try it on this one. But I have lots of old beat up heads I could learn on. Love doing my own work, easy and money saving to the extreme.

Honest question, where does the tape go?

On the sole:

5uva4ypu.jpg

Its been shown that in modern drivers youre just not going to get enough in one place to effect the CG it flight pattern so it's all personal preference where.

Back