Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I don't see the sole at address, so it doesn't bother me. Particularly if I'm hitting mass fairways.

Ah very interesting!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

On the sole:

5uva4ypu.jpg

Its been shown that in modern drivers youre just not going to get enough in one place to effect the CG it flight pattern so it's all personal preference where.

Oh that poor sole

Frankendriver.

I think this is it. It shall stick.

I need a damn HC now. Hehe

I haven't seen a Colossus head cover. It is probably sitting next to my Optimus Prime cover.

Gonna swing by a golf shop and check the SW on mine. If I tape it, I guarantee it'll look nothing like that lol

So why did you do that again JMan??

After the shaft change to my 4x, which was 8g lighter and 1 1/4" shorter, plus a heavier grip, the swing weight was dropped to around C1, RIDICULOUSLY low since stock is D3. I couldn't feel the head, I usually play SW between D3-D5 in my drivers, I just neglected to check it like I usually do when I made this swap. It doesn't bother some, but it does me as I'm a big feel guy and like to know where the head is in my swing.

Gonna swing by a golf shop and check the SW on mine. If I tape it, I guarantee it'll look nothing like that lol

I wanted quick and easy to see if it would even help, it did. Now I don't plan on re-doing it just to spite each and every one of you. :alien:

I think we'd all dip our head in ugly with a clear coat of ugly over that if we could be as happy as you are right now! No grief here.

I wanted quick and easy to see if it would even help, it did. Now I don't plan on re-doing it just to spite each and every one of you. :alien:

I figured as much. However how could we let that slide? Hehe

Mine will probably go flush with the back of the crown?

I figured as much. However how could we let that slide? Hehe

Mine will probably go flush with the back of the crown?

You've got a heavier shaft in yours dude, may not be much, if any, of an issue.

I may redo it eventually, I want to make sure it isn't a honeymoon first. Plus, its kinda funny to be honest.

You've got a heavier shaft in yours dude, may not be much, if any, of an issue.

I may redo it eventually, I want to make sure it isn't a honeymoon first. Plus, its kinda funny to be honest.

Takes 10sec to find out hehe

After the shaft change to my 4x, which was 8g lighter and 1 1/4" shorter, plus a heavier grip, the swing weight was dropped to around C1, RIDICULOUSLY low since stock is D3. I couldn't feel the head, I usually play SW between D3-D5 in my drivers, I just neglected to check it like I usually do when I made this swap. It doesn't bother some, but it does me as I'm a big feel guy and like to know where the head is in my swing.

YES 3 swing weight points for every half inch shorter playing length -1 1/4" = 7.5 swing weight points then 8 gram lighter shaft takes away almost 2 more swing weight points and heavy grip maybe 1 more. That sounds like bad news but think of the swing speed increase

I just dropped BOMBS today.

So, I'm going to say this right away. I've officially decided this is THE best sounding driver out there IMO. I really do believe that, not metallic, not aluminum, not dull, just a sweet, sweet sound that just leads to truly feeling like you killed it.

The best part? Most of the time I did kill it. What a difference finding the middle of the face more consistently makes.

Sad part is because of all the CRAP I was doing prior to checking the SW carried over early so there were some turrible swings out there. About the 5th hole though it started to click. As much as I wanted to hit the Xtreme 11.5 as well, I don't want to nearly as much now. I'm quite damn happy.

That is awesome JMan! Amazing how much of a difference adjusting the swing weight made for you.

that's awesome. Golf is really fun when you have confidence off the tee with the driver. It's just a different game when that happens.

I agree Dean, when I am getting off the tee well, I just feel like I will score well all day.

Not what the ball was saying today. Hehe

All the ball was doing was screaming in pain from getting crushed all day

Jman,

I think this may help "tidy-up" your situation... :wink:

GolfWorks

mikedean did you pick one of these up under the cover of darkness last night?
No, he is still dilly-dallying around. It's so frustrating that he cant pull the trigger. He's letting the forum down, really.

No, he is still dilly-dallying around. It's so frustrating that he cant pull the trigger. He's letting the forum down, really.

War is yours for sale yet?

Back