Grilled ham and cheese with just a dab of strawberry jelly on it. Yummy!!!! I still have one now and again, freaks my wife out when she sees me put the jelly on it

How could I forget Salisbury Steak day at school.

Always came w a 1/3 cob of corn...1/3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always came w a 1/3 cob of corn...1/3?

Back in my day it was with mashed potatoes and corn, but not on cob.

Back in my day it was with mashed potatoes and corn, but not on cob.

It was always an ice cream scoop sized dollop of mashed potatoes for us, and corn niblets as well.

GG and I were just talking about fish sticks and I mentioned how much I loved them as a kid. I also loved cafeteria food, but then again, its changed a lot since I went to school. So what were some of your favorites as a kid.

We have a thread on snack foods, so lets keep this one to actual meal type foods.
Twinkies were my absolute favorite. I also loved cafeteria food.... Especially when we had the rectangular Tony's pizza ?

I also ate a lot of BLT's. It's my mother's favorite food, so she would make it all the time for lunch.

Of course you were one of those weirdos that brought their lunch...haha

If we're talking school lunch, we also had french bread pizza.

My favorite was soy sauce scrambled eggs with rice in a seaweed roll.

Of course you were one of those weirdos that brought their lunch...haha

That's right, I brought my lunch every day. I NEVER bought lunch. And I always packed extra snacks that I would eat during class because I was always hungry. Some things don't change...

I also ate a lot of BLT's. It's my mother's favorite food, so she would make it all the time for lunch.

Must've been crazy crispy burnt bacon to not be a very mushy sandwich. Any mayo?

Pizza but not just any pizza it was the rectangle pizza you got in school. Never found anything close and so good.

We didnt have rectangle, we head Mexican Pizza. It was a hexagon and it was delicious.
Started with the rectangle and ended up with the hexagon later in my high school years.

Also my mom is a head lunch lady at an elementary school so I get the pizza every once and awhile. Still so delicious.

Everything about this sounds wrong....

Man reading this thread there is so many staples as a kid I had forgotten about. I'm really hungry right now....

Started with the rectangle and ended up with the hexagon later in my high school years.

Also my mom is a head lunch lady at an elementary school so I get the pizza every once and awhile. Still so delicious.

Oh man, extra pizza is awesome.
We also had these killer cinammon rolls at lunch.
Only ala carte though.
And always got chocolate milk.

That sounds absolutely dreadful, but is probably quite delicious.

It might be the fat kid in me talking, but I don't think I hated cafeteria food. Well once I got in middle school that is. In elementary we only bought on pizza day. After middle school we got to buy every day. The rectangle pizzas were pretty good.

When I was at the vocational school for $1.80 you got lunch, a milk carton and a can of pop. You couldn't buy the pop ala cart so you had to buy the full lunch to get it. I just got two chocolate milks instead of the pop. School chocolate milk was the best.

I also liked some fried bologna on the weekends. I'd get fancy and fry up two pieces and throw a slice of cheese between them.

Oh man, extra pizza is awesome.
We also had these killer cinammon rolls at lunch.
Only ala carte though.
And always got chocolate milk.
Oh those giant cinnamon rolls? Yeah those were awesome.

Also in elementary school, my school made the best biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Still have not found anything better...

Oh those giant cinnamon rolls? Yeah those were awesome.

Also in elementary school, my school made the best biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Still have not found anything better...

Yes sir, those rolls were awesome. I would actually pay .95 for one each day at lunch and eat it by unrolling it. My lunches I think were 1.35 or 2.10, I cant remember which one.

In 4th & 5th grade, one of the school cooks was practically famous for her "western burgers". Basically it was a giant yeast roll with some sort of mustard & onion flavored hamburger meat in side.

I'd love to get my hands on one now.

Oh and how can I forget TV Dinners. None of those odd new ones, but the ones that came on a tray with aluminum wrap that you baked for about 30-40 minutes in the oven.

Must've been crazy crispy burnt bacon to not be a very mushy sandwich. Any mayo?

It wasn't a sandwich I brought to school, but something she made at home a lot. And the bacon was and still is always extra crispy. It's the only way to eat bacon.

On a special occasion my mom would make us waffles and ice cream for dinner. Basically an ice cream sandwich with waffles.

Yes sir, those rolls were awesome. I would actually pay .95 for one each day at lunch and eat it by unrolling it. My lunches I think were 1.35 or 2.10, I cant remember which one.
Sounds about right. We didn't have them everyday but when they were available I made sure I got at least one.

Also one of my favorite school meals was the Thanksgiving meal. Always happy with some turkey and stuffing.

Oh and how can I forget TV Dinners. None of those odd new ones, but the ones that came on a tray with aluminum wrap that you baked for about 30-40 minutes in the oven.

I was a large fan of the pancakes and sausage microwave meal. Was never a huge fan of pancakes but I loved those and the sausage

Speaking of baking dinners.....Stouffers Lasagna was da bomb diggity. Still is! But it has to get crispy on the edges.
134841180060f639effc9f77a4068ef0.jpg

Back