Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Nice swinging, TH!

Seth, I originally was all set on some paintfill for these guys, but I can do it. They look too good for me to mess with right now. Maybe somewhere down the line.

I can certainly understand that.

In my opinion, the 588 CBs and the Z-Stars are completely different irons.

I like the 588 irons much better than the Z-Star irons. These things are ultra legit! They are also very beautiful. You know that they are calling out for custom paint fill.

Agree with JB and Seth, completely different irons.

Looking forward to having some other THPers hit them tomorrow.

I agree that they are different irons. I just meant "baby Z-Stars" in that they are a mid sized players iron (but still smaller than the Srixon's hence the "baby") forged players iron with more forgiveness than expected. These are much smaller, they are not a pocket cavity, and they are a tad less forgiving than Z-Stars (even though still very much so for what they are).

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I agree that they are different irons. I just meant "baby Z-Stars" in that they are a mid sized players iron (but still smaller than the Srixon's hence the "baby") forged players iron with more forgiveness than expected. These are much smaller, they are not a pocket cavity, and they are a tad less forgiving than Z-Stars (even though still very much so for what they are).

Got ya. All I know is that these would definitely be my second choice behind the J40 DPCs

Thanks dude. It's fun talking about equipment provided to us as Morgan Cuppers. Imagine that.

lol. QFT.

my set is about to get as close to the Morgan Cup weekend as possible. wife is out of town and i'm gonna play so much golf over the next few days that retired old men will be jealous of me.

Getting these irons back out there nice and early tomorrow. Playing one of my favorite courses in East TN. Good ball striking and precise iron shots are a must if I want to put a good score on the card.

Getting these irons back out there nice and early tomorrow. Playing one of my favorite courses in East TN. Good ball striking and precise iron shots are a must if I want to put a good score on the card.

Playing anywhere near Gatlunburg?

No bro, I'm Northeast, near the Tri Cities. Playing at Graysburg Hills. Its a hidden gem! 27 hole RTJ course. Its by far one of my favorite courses.

No bro, I'm Northeast, near the Tri Cities. Playing at Graysburg Hills. Its a hidden gem! 27 hole RTJ course. Its by far one of my favorite courses.

If you wanna put those 588's to the ultimate accuracy test then book a trip over here and I'll take you to cut up some fairways at Ko'Olau!

If you wanna put those 588's to the ultimate accuracy test then book a trip over here and I'll take you to cut up some fairways at Ko'Olau!

I would love to do that sometime dude. I reckon that would be a stiff challenge.

Looking forward to your updates from your round with these tomorrow buddy. Everyone agrees on how good looking these irons are, but the performance might even outshine the looks and thats saying something.

Looking forward to your updates from your round with these tomorrow buddy. Everyone agrees on how good looking these irons are, but the performance might even outshine the looks and thats saying something.

I believe with the right shaft for the user, they absolutely do man.

I really wish I could find a source to demo these clubs out on the course for a couple of rounds. I have hit them at a demo day on mats and range grass but I need to feel how they perform from awkward lies, rough, etc....

Went and played 9 this afternoon. 100 degrees with a nice 25 mph breeze. I was able to control my rock a lot better with the MB's in the wind. One hole I needed to chip a PW into the wind and hit it just how I wanted...another par 3 the wind was blowing hard right to left, it was 150 yards...I choked down on an 8 iron and hit a cut chip that flew straight and just barely died to the left at the end about 10 feet away..missed the putt though. Its nice to have some irons that you feel you have more control with.

I would love to do that sometime dude. I reckon that would be a stiff challenge.

Yep. They've been trying to get the PGA to hold a tournament there forever. They won't do it because of all the forced carries , OB is too tight everywhere, and they say the terrain is to rough for them to be able to do coverage. It's a Par 72 that plays to 78.2 with a 153 slope rating and around 7,200 yards... from the member tees.

Anyways, back to the 588's. Say something to convince me to buy these knowing that the i20's are still gonna be in the #1 slot. Anybody?

Yep. They've been trying to get the PGA to hold a tournament there forever. They won't do it because of all the forced carries , OB is too tight everywhere, and they say the terrain is to rough for them to be able to do coverage. It's a Par 72 that plays to 78.2 with a 153 slope rating and around 7,200 yards... from the member tees.

Anyways, back to the 588's. Say something to convince me to buy these knowing that the i20's are still gonna be in the #1 slot. Anybody?

I've never played the i20's but from what I've seen so far these are the most complete irons I've ever used. The pings won't be your #1 irons for long.

--
Tapatalk2

I've never played the i20's but from what I've seen so far these are the most complete irons I've ever used. The pings won't be your #1 irons for long.

--
Tapatalk2

Maybe...maybe not... You'd have to hit em' to say that in confidence.

Buy 'em and game 'em. They are phenomenal set of irons, probably in the top 3 that I have ever hit. And im a 10ish handicap.

--
Tapatalk2

But thanks for agging on the ho in me!

hmmmm....explosive buttery goodness? would that help?

hmmmm....explosive buttery goodness? would that help?

Mmmmm...butter...

Buy 'em and game 'em. They are phenomenal set of irons, probably in the top 3 that I have ever hit. And im a 10ish handicap.

Hasn't anybody told you 10's can't play forged irons? When will it end?!?!

Hasn't anybody told you 10's can't play forged irons? When will it end?!?!

Haha, was waiting to see if you would catch that.

In all seriousness; Ive read your posts, and you are in some serious i20 love, why mess with something that is working? I prefer the 588s over the i20s, but every swing is different and everyone has their preference.

Haha, was waiting to see if you would catch that.

In all seriousness; Ive read your posts, and you are in some serious i20 love, why mess with something that is working? I prefer the 588s over the i20s, but every swing is different and everyone has their preference.

The 588's play just like the i20's to me. They feel completely different but play almost identically. If I can have the 588's because I LOVE the way the look, sound, feel and not have to change my game from iron to iron then why not? I wanna hoard some clubs that are gonna be considered some of the all time greats here in some years and I feel like both of these fit that bill.

The 588's play just like the i20's to me. They feel completely different but play almost identically. If I can have the 588's because I LOVE the way the look, sound, feel and not have to change my game from iron to iron then why not? I wanna hoard some clubs that are gonna be considered some of the all time greats here in some years and I feel like both of these fit that bill.

Sounds like you just convinced yourself to go buy them then.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

--
Tapatalk2

Back