Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Glad you're getting them dialed in Hawk. Like TC said a lot of misses can be fixed with the proper angles. Nice confidence boost about the shafts as well.

--
Tapatalk2

Did he say what shafts would have been better?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore you. Just missed this one. No, he didn't throw out other names.

Glad you're getting them dialed in Hawk. Like TC said a lot of misses can be fixed with the proper angles. Nice confidence boost about the shafts as well.

--
Tapatalk2

I'm hoping I can really go at the ball and not worry about losing it left now. I really hope those wedges come back to me as shank-proof too lol.

good to hear you're "righting the ship" Hawkster.
the next time i visit my fitter, i need to get these bad boys on the lie board...just to make sure they are where i need them to be.
i was going to order them 1* flat, but when i sized up the stock lie compared the irons that i had hit on the lie board, they were right where they needed to be stock. (i think that makes sense). but sometimes data on paper isn't as telling as the actually live and in person swing.

last night i went out for a practice round and played a bunch of balls, trying to get more adjusted to my irons. the biggest problem i have right now is not having the opportunity to put them in play on most of the holes at my home course....so i either have to create scenarios or just drop some balls down and hit them from different locations...which is exactly what i did.
last night i was very pleased with a 5 iron shot i had taken on the 15th par 3 (upcoming HOTD video)
and on one hole i dropped 6 balls down at the 150 mark, took out the 8 iron and went to work. i tried to incorporate a new backswing that i've been working on that has me staying kind of robotic in the arms and breaking my wrists later. this seemed to work pretty well, and i hit 6 nice high straight or slight fades...5 on the green and one just off the green on the fringe. the only downfall is that sometimes, this can cause me to come over the top and pull the ball...although it did not happen last night, i know it can.
i also worked on increasing my swing speed a little bit. i noticed that i was being very careful with my shots, not swinging to my absolute potential and trying to be cautious and accurate with my swing. this is all well and good, until you start losing distance...so i took some big cuts at the ball and really let it rip. as i said, 5 of 6.
i think if i continue to work on this, it will pay off.

Nice work, tnolan.

As for your comment on the lies, it does make sense. These come off the rack flatter than many irons on the market, so what used to be 1° flat could mean you need standard. Never a bad idea to get them on the board though. I'm pretty pumped to see if my divots quit looking like I drug the heel through the ground.

Nice work, tnolan.

As for your comment on the lies, it does make sense. These come off the rack flatter than many irons on the market, so what used to be 1° flat could mean you need standard. Never a bad idea to get them on the board though. I'm pretty pumped to see if my divots quit looking like I drug the heel through the ground.

glad that made sense. cuz that was the exact same scenario for me.
yeah...i'm not a club fitting guru, but i've learned a lot thru my experiences so far and i hope to get these on a lie board very soon...especially after this convo.

Man you guys all have me wanting to ditch my burner 2.0s for these but I dk if i'm ready to get out of game improvement yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Man you guys all have me wanting to ditch my burner 2.0s for these but I dk if i'm ready to get out of game improvement yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hit em'. I think you'll be surprised! They are, to me, every bit as forgiving as i20's. And if you read the i20 thread then you'll see that those are redonculous when it comes to forgiveness.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Picked up the irons and took a few swings with them. No heel action, which was nice to see. Lofts were dead on through the whole set.

Picked up the irons and took a few swings with them. No heel action, which was nice to see. Lofts were dead on through the whole set.

Be gone hozel rockets! Dude, you'll have even more confidence with them now. Nothing better than knowing you're hitting the center of the club face.

That's what I'm saying! I'm trying to figure out how to sneak in a range session before Sunday. I have a plan. My go-to club is the 7 iron and I'm going to play to that distance off the tee and see what happens.

I also washed them up and tried to wipe off all traces of heel marks lol. Starting fresh!

That's a smart plan dude. Fresh start with a month to go! I like it. I'm glad you got all that stuff done.

About damn time. I've been talking about it for about 6 months now.

About damn time. I've been talking about it for about 6 months now.

Yeah, not sure what took you so long.

I'm scared to commit. Same reason I'm not married I suppose. PTSD lol.

I think they bent a couple of my wedges over 2°.

I'm scared to commit. Same reason I'm not married I suppose. PTSD lol.

I think they bent a couple of my wedges over 2°.

Like the lofts? or what?

No, the lofts were good. The lie angles on the wedges and they aligned them with the rest of the set for me. I have the sheet out in the car, but I'm chairbound for the night. I'm really happy about it because I literally couldn't not hit the ball off the heel or hosel on full shots with them.

No, the lofts were good. The lie angles on the wedges and they aligned them with the rest of the set for me. I have the sheet out in the car, but I'm chairbound for the night. I'm really happy about it because I literally couldn't not hit the ball off the heel or hosel on full shots with them.

That's great to hear. Dude, you should be kicking yourself for not having this done sooner. :banghead:

TC, what shafts did you put in your 588's again?

That's great to hear. Dude, you should be kicking yourself for not having this done sooner. :banghead:

I excel at making bad decisions dude ugh.

Congrats Hawk. You will be deadly down in Myrtle

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ever hit iron shots that leave you giddy as all hell inside? That was my round today, not one single "miss" sure there were two that came up short but that was me pulling 8 iron when 7 was the club. What I'm liking about these is how consistent I've become with them. Perhaps that because I've been working my butt off but I put in the same work with my previous set and the results weren't even in the same ball park. I know now that when I pull an iron it is going to go said distance, not 10 yards more.

I'm enthralled with the 588 KBS Tour combo, it has given me a feel I don't believe I've ever had before. In a word its smooth, which is a word that gets tossed out a lot but in this case it is the perfect word. At first I was a little concerned about the ball flight being a tad low, I was wrong. I'm seeing a perfect penetrating ball that rises to a nice apex and lands pretty dang soft. It may be the head/shaft combo or the design of the sole and leading edge but I've not felt an iron interact with the turf like these do.

Example, I had 160 left in on par 4 today and I nailed it dead solid perfect, little 5 yard fade which left me with a 10' putt. My last irons which while they were very good irons I tended to feel the head getting stuck in the turf just past impact, the 588's blow right through it. I did catch one a tad heavy today, not much just enough that it was apparent by the divot, only lost about 5 yards. I credit that to how these great through the turf.

I'm also starting to see how I can move the ball up or down with these a lot easier than with previous clubs. Before I had one trajectory, high. Now I have the option of bringing the ball down a little bit if I need to. Tried it a time or two today with decent success and while I don't see myself doing that much it is cool to have the ability to do that.

A single thought that kept running through my head this afternoon how different golf feels since I put these in the bag. Different in this case is good, very good.

That's awesome, SW. I'm really happy that your choice has been something you are so happy about. Not going to lie. You are making me want KBS Tours in mine. I know what you mean when you talk smooth dude.

As for flighting the ball low, are you talking full shots? I don't really do that, mostly because I'm not totally sure how to go about it. I usually hit knockdowns with a partial swing and a cut off finish. Basically by using an extra club or two than I'd normally use.

Thanks Hawk, not lying I had second thoughts after I clicked send on the iron order. Glad I didn't talk myself out of it.

What I mean is best shown by example. I can't remember the hole number but I had jailed myself off the tee and the subsequent punch out sucked as a result. I had a little to much left to the green to go at with much room for a good outcome, water left and death right so I wanted to play a good lay up to have a little wedge into the green. The wind was up on this hole so I need to keep it down a bit. Took 8 iron with my normal stance but chopped the finish a bit, that kept the ball nice and low without the wind pushing it left. My old set didn't give this option with any reliability to speak of. Sure I could flight them down but god only knows what the result would be from one time to the next.

Back