Cleveland Releases Black Driver

The club is geared to increase swing speeds and assist distance for golfers.

There will be some great info on this one in the next THP Digital Newsletter coming out soon.

There will be some great info on this one in the next THP Digital Newsletter coming out soon.

That's an interesting thing to say :)

Any idea what makes the stock shaft "limited edition"? Isn't it just a C. Kua?

I think I saw that keeping with the "black" moniker, the shaft would also be black. I think C.Kua's are all that gorgeous gooooold color, so a black version would be a special edition, I would think.

Hrm....I can't say I really like how the thing looks.

However, Cleveland's last line of irons/woods/hybrids/wedges were all some of my favorites that it's definitely on the list of must-try's. I'm a little wary of clubs with too much "assistance" though, but not really going to speculate on that until I spank a few out there with one!

I am curious to see what expectations Cleveland has on boosting swing speed. I know I could use more speed but I would probably sacrifice accuracy and start trying to kill the ball! I use an ancient old school 983K right now, definitely want to hit this as a possible upgrade...

I am really looking forward to seeing this in person. This may sound silly but I can't wait to hold it and compare the weight to other drivers.

Looks awesome! Ive been looking at replacing my Callaway Hyper X with a Cleveland, and this would look nice with my Cleveland Ultralight 3w!

The club is geared to increase swing speeds and assist distance for golfers.

Given a topic from today's radio show about swing speed vs ball speed is there any word on forgiveness across the face?

Wow cg is definitely bringing it with this new black line up of clubs

Given a topic from today's radio show about swing speed vs ball speed is there any word on forgiveness across the face?

Not without testing it as of yet, but I look forward to finding out.

Not without testing it as of yet, but I look forward to finding out.

I kinda thought that would be the case, but I didn't know these would react vs how the XL series on off center hits. I know I like that lineup a lot for the forgiveness. And I also look forward to trying these out, I may play a white driver but the blacked out drivers just suit my eye so well.

Really interested in trying this one out. I want to see if I can hit that uber light shaft and still control the club enough for consistent results. Its hard to imagine I couldn't get an additional 5 or 10 yards with this setup.

I keep coming back to this, I love the look. All black is sexy to me

I keep coming back to this, I love the look. All black is sexy to me

It really is. I was a pretty big fan of the lightweight trend in drivers. This club has to be looooooooong

i will own one, with a matching 3 wood... hopefully lol

It really is. I was a pretty big fan of the lightweight trend in drivers. This club has to be looooooooong

I dont need more distance, I am already getting 220 out of my driver. But the lightweight does intrigue me so much!

Pretty driver for sure. Can't wait to see it in person.

I dont need more distance, I am already getting 220 out of my driver. But the lightweight does intrigue me so much!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Ummmm a little more than 220 :) I liked the lightweight. I saw distance increase and better accuracy for the most part. Didn't have to swing as hard and I could just do it without thinking. Doesnt work for some of the bigger hitters who really go after it but thats ok.

Sucks the video won't work on my phone

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Cleveland Black Driver Pictures

Cleveland Black Driver Pictures

Some guys were wanting some adress shots... I got one in my hand yesterday, so I thought I'd share...

0355c846.jpg

f1031cf5.jpg

d1cc164a.jpg

65450831.jpg

WOW - thanks for posting the pics! That thing is so sleek; really like the simplicity of the head and the look at address.

That is gorgeous.

I'm stoked to hit this.

Now we need some in hand pics of the irons.

Back