Cleveland Releases Black Irons

You could flip this and ask what are the benefits of steel over graphite as well. I think what the future holds is that companies are finding abilities to manipulate and create graphite in more combinations than that of steel. Whether that translates to benefits for golfers, time will tell.
I think from my own experience i liked the feel and weight of the steel shafts. not the feel of striking the ball but the overall weight of the club. When I tried the cleveland XL 270 driver i was impressed that it didn't feel overly light. I know that is do to the balance and swing weight. the graphite shafts I had tried in the past in regards to irons always felt like a heavy club head with nothing in the middle and then a grip. that turned me off to graphite and i have never considered it again until now. I am excited to see if they can make the overall club feel right to me with these new shafts.

Why do tour players play steel over graphite in there irons?

Why do tour players play steel over graphite in there irons?

Familiarity. Its what they grew up playing.
Matt Kuchar plays graphite. As do a few others.

Familiarity. Its what they grew up playing.
Matt Kuchar plays graphite. As do a few others.
That makes complete sense to me. Thanks.
oh random question JB, Why the switch from the never compromise putter to the SeeMore?
sorry if this wasn't the correct post to put this in but I was just curious.

That makes complete sense to me. Thanks.
oh random question JB, Why the switch from the never compromise putter to the SeeMore?
sorry if this wasn't the correct post to put this in but I was just curious.

I still use the NC. When my alignment gets off, I switch to a SeeMore for some work. There is a thread on it somewhere in the putter section.

I just started thinking about these irons again. Seems like Cleveland is starting to let some more info leak. Hopefully we get some more details on these soon!

I just started thinking about these irons again. Seems like Cleveland is starting to let some more info leak. Hopefully we get some more details on these soon!

Hecks yes! I'm super intrigued about these!

I should just call Roger up and see if he will give us THP'ers some more info.

Doesn't Roger work for Callaway?
Please call...I really want to try these.

Doesn't Roger work for Callaway?
Please call...I really want to try these.

He sure does Dean lol.

I really dont know Roger. That was the other part of the joke. Jeez.

I really want to see you hit these!

He sure does Dean lol.

I really dont know Roger. That was the other part of the joke. Jeez.

I really want to see you hit these!

I want to see me hit these too! Graphite shafts FTW
Don't lie to me, I know you know Roger

I want to see me hit these too! Graphite shafts FTW
Don't lie to me, I know you know Roger

Yeah but I could only get you a wedge...

Graphite shafts are the way to go man. Tempo is easier to achieve for me with al igher shaft. I wonder how these will feel?

Yeah but I could only get you a wedge...

Graphite shafts are the way to go man. Tempo is easier to achieve for me with al igher shaft. I wonder how these will feel?

I'd say quite well judging by the feel of the CG16s and the C. Kua's in the woods and Mashie. These clubs will be money!

I'd say quite well judging by the feel of the CG16s and the C. Kua's in the woods and Mashie. These clubs will be money!

I agree! I wonder how much different this line of clubs will be.

I agree! I wonder how much different this line of clubs will be.

Based on the pic in the OP, the lofts will probably be similar to the CG16s. Other than that, I have no idea! That's why I'm so stoked to hear more about these!

Someone like me that has grown up playing tennis and battling tennis elbow at times, this iron line has me incredibly intrigued. I was a big fan of the CG16 irons and the Black irons I hope I am as well. Add to that, the fact that the Miyazaki iron shafts have me wondering if I could finally switch to graphite and I am thoroughly intrigued.

Someone like me that has grown up playing tennis and battling tennis elbow at times, this iron line has me incredibly intrigued. I was a big fan of the CG16 irons and the Black irons I hope I am as well. Add to that, the fact that the Miyazaki iron shafts have me wondering if I could finally switch to graphite and I am thoroughly intrigued.

Graphite shafts saved my shoulder in HS and without them I would have ended up needing surgery or not playing golf (I am considering going back to them right now). The quality has definitely gone up to the point where you dont sacrifice much accuracy and I am willing to bet that Miyazaki is going to make some tour quality graphite in terms of stiffness but at a very very light weight.

Is something to the effect like sensicore not an option for you? i have never tried it so it may be garbage, but i think that is part of its purpose, no?

Is something to the effect like sensicore not an option for you? i have never tried it so it may be garbage, but i think that is part of its purpose, no?

It works for some, but to me while it eliminated a slight bit of it, it was not like when I play graphite during testing.

nice looking irons but i gotta say i'm not a lover of the colour dunno why

I have been pondering the crap out of these all day. I want!

Get in line.

I'd be lying if I said I don't come into this thread and look at that picture a little to often. I'm so curious about these and the miyazaki shaft offering as well.

Get in line.

I'd be lying if I said I don't come into this thread and look at that picture a little to often. I'm so curious about these and the miyazaki shaft offering as well.

Well SW, when we get them in, you will have to come and try them out.

These gonna be released in the spring JB? Or did I see January? With all these Cleveland announcements, I'm loosing track!

These gonna be released in the spring JB? Or did I see January? With all these Cleveland announcements, I'm loosing track!

I believe this fall.

Back