Cleveland Releases Black Irons

This is something I am very interested in and will definitely be doing once the review is up here.
It is early, but I would say similar to the CG16s (which I loved). However the weighting felt more balanced to me with the graphite. Its hard to put that part into words.

Well maybe we can get you to test out a full set this week and report back for these fine folks.

I mean it when I say I can't wait to read more. I really cannot wait to get to hit these somewhere after they come out.

I mean it when I say I can't wait to read more. I really cannot wait to get to hit these somewhere after they come out.

They look amazing, and sound like they play quite well. Put these together with the black wedges and it looks like an amazing set.

This is something I am very interested in and will definitely be doing once the review is up here.
It is early, but I would say similar to the CG16s (which I loved). However the weighting felt more balanced to me with the graphite. Its hard to put that part into words.

Well maybe we can get you to test out a full set this week and report back for these fine folks.

I think I know what you're saying. I cannot wait for you to be able to get that up and for you to get more time with these.

War.Eagle... Do it!

I think I know what you're saying. I cannot wait for you to be able to get that up and for you to get more time with these.

War.Eagle... Do it!

No doubt about that one Yoccos.

I am feeling very jealous right now.

I came away from today wondering if this is a good move for me shaft wise. My score says it is and my game was working well today. I hit shots when I needed to and never once felt as though the shafts and/or clubs let me down. The big question for me is will it continue or was it a change of pace kind of thing. I think come Wednesday I will know a little more as I get out there for a second time. Right now, color me intrigued.

Color me intrigued as well. I simply love how my Mashies perform too much to ignore possibly playing irons like this in the near future. And that is coming from someone who is currently gaming very heavy shafts.

The concept behind these is very interesting and I think a lot of people who experience pain after a round would love to game a set of these beauties. I know these already have the interest of my dad. These would work wonders for him (used to be a better than scratch golfer and now has a hard time with joint pain and hits the ball low). I think these would get him back loving the game again.

And I am even more interested in these now based on your feedback JB. As much as I love the Mashie's and the Miyazaki shaft, I am drooling at the idea of gaming a bag of irons with their shafts. I don't know if it is possible to ponder these any harder, but I'm sure going to try!

That has me intrigued to
Say the least

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I imagine there are black hybrids as well?

Tapatalk

So today I played the entire round with these clubs and it was an eye opener for me. Two things to get started with before I get to my initial thoughts. I was VERY intrigued by the Miyazaki graphite shafts and I was very scared how I would hit them compared to my Z-Stars. Obviously it has been only one round, but I came away pretty happy. Although I still have some early thoughts that I want to put to rest after a few more rounds.

Pain Free - First thing I want to say is that if anybody struggles with arm pain like I have in the past, graphite could be something to look into (I am not a doctor, please get checked out first). Each time I have played with graphite shafts, I leave the course knowing I could continue playing without any arm pain at all. Something very much intriguing and something that I have always wanted to explore.

Distance - Immediately most think lighter in this case will give more distance. For me the distance was very similar to my regular irons. Lofts are similar and so are lengths, so I was not seeing a huge bump in distance. However I was hitting the ball higher (which I really like).

Dispersion - I was a little nervous with the lighter weight that my dispersion would be an issue. Put to bed by the 3rd hole and certainly by the end of the round. I had no issues with dispersion at all. In fact I was scaring myself to think that these might have been a tighter dispersion, but that could easily be looked at as having a good iron day as well.

Feel - I wont lie, it took some time on the range to get used to the lighter feel here. Not as much as I thought it would, but the first few swings my tempo was out of sync as I was used to the same shafts I have been playing regularly for quite some time. Once I was settled in, the feel is really good. Less vibration and impact "jolts" without any sacrifice in playability and performance.

I came away from today wondering if this is a good move for me shaft wise. My score says it is and my game was working well today. I hit shots when I needed to and never once felt as though the shafts and/or clubs let me down. The big question for me is will it continue or was it a change of pace kind of thing. I think come Wednesday I will know a little more as I get out there for a second time. Right now, color me intrigued.

Ditto. Intrigued indeed. Some great initial impressions. I can't wait for more. These are definitely on the short list to try.

Just like with their past black irons, the finish is meant to wear and does so.

Can you speak more to this? I'm not too familiar with the Black finish on Cleveland clubs. We talking wear on the face or sole or both? Will the paint eventually be worn off?

Ditto. Intrigued indeed. Some great initial impressions. I can't wait for more. These are definitely on the short list to try.

Can you speak more to this? I'm not too familiar with the Black finish on Cleveland clubs. We talking wear on the face or sole or both? Will the paint eventually be worn off?

The black will wear off but the irons wont rust IIRC from their past finishes that were meant to show wear over time. The paint should wear off both the face and the sole since they are the primary points of contact.

Got a chance to play these out of JBs bag today.

I've said I love my Burner 2.0s, but those will take a back seat to the Black Irons when I can get them.

I had some amazing shots with these today, and LOVED the graphite shafts. Will have some more info up shortly.

I've said I love my Burner 2.0s, but those will take a back seat to the Black Irons when I can get them.

I had some amazing shots with these today, and LOVED the graphite shafts. Will have some more info up shortly.

That is saying something that after your first round you already know they will eventually be there. They look bada$$ and then with the Miyazaki graphite shafts - hello!

Looking forward to the write-up.

WOW, yuo must have really hit these well, as I know from your posts that u love the 2.0's...looking forward to the writeup

That is saying something that after your first round you already know they will eventually be there. They look bada$$ and then with the Miyazaki graphite shafts - hello!

Looking forward to the write-up.

I never make decisions about clubs like that. Before I bought the 2.0s I took them out for a demo, five times.

What shaft do you have in your 2.0's. I only ask because I have never tried a graphite shaft in an iron before, and I am curious about it, and since I am gaming the 2.0's right now I am hoping for some comparison.

Wow, that's a pretty big statement after hitting just a few shots with them!

What shaft do you have in your 2.0's. I only ask because I have never tried a graphite shaft in an iron before, and I am curious about it, and since I am gaming the 2.0's right now I am hoping for some comparison.
Have the stock Burner shafts in mine. Same as you if I remember correctly?

Wow, that's a pretty big statement after hitting just a few shots with them!
Hit some on the range, and ended up going strictly with the black irons for most of the round. They were fun to hit.

Looking forward to your input on these WE. You seem really excited about these.

Watching war.eagle hit these today, I can understand his excitement. He got the same distance as the 2.0s it seems with a smoother swing and was hitting some incredible golf shots. I have to say that the shaft was pretty darn good.

Have the stock Burner shafts in mine. Same as you if I remember correctly?

Hit some on the range, and ended up going strictly with the black irons for most of the round. They were fun to hit.

Yes sir. I was thinking that we had the same set up. Now you really have me wondering. arrgghh...I have to try these!

I am so excited to try these irons out.

Back